Bartering Excursion Credits

ksorge17

We booked the excursion credit as our free-at-sea promotion. Our travel agent seemed convinced that we can barter our shore excursion credits to on-board credit if we don't like the options in a particular port. 

Has anyone tried this or been successful? There is fine print in the free-at-sea that says credits are use-it or lose-it before anyone attacks me with details. Just asking if anyone has tried/been successful.

Capture.JPG

1 minute ago, www3traveler said:

NO  Shore Excursion credits are only for Shore Excursions and ONLY after you have taken the excursion.

The Shore Excursion Credit is per port and CAN NOT be added together. 

Have you tried this...? Or are you only quoting the fine print to troll?

We were told it was the same as a discount not actually money that can be refunded or converted to OBC.

This was when booking but I did not try onboard to get it converted.

Edited by Peachypooh
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ksorge17 said:

Have you tried this...? Or are you only quoting the fine print to troll?

YES  I have tried on several occasions both on The Getaway and on The Jewel.

Shore Excursion Credit is exactly as I said and others have said.  Use it in each port of call or lose it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, www3traveler said:

YES  I have tried on several occasions both on The Getaway and on The Jewel.

Shore Excursion Credit is exactly as I said and others have said.  Use it in each port of call or lose it. 

Thank you. You are the FIRST person to say they have actually tried it. Maybe lead with that in your first post and it wouldn't have been a problem.

I have used this promo on my last three cruises and you don’t receive the credit until after you take an ncl excursion.

we had to skip great stirrup cay where I had a jet skiing excursion booked.i politely asked if I could get a double credit at our next stop and was told it’s use it or lose it in every port.your travel agent is mistaken.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ksorge17 said:

Thank you. You are the FIRST person to say they have actually tried it. Maybe lead with that in your first post and it wouldn't have been a problem.

I've also tried it unsuccessfully. 

If you want people to answer your future questions  you might want to drop your nasty attitude level a couple of notches. No one was trolling your post, they were trying to be helpful even if they didn't provide the exact answer or wording you were looking for.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Yeah this is one of those promotions that we don't get to use very often and most of the time it goes to waste. The thing that urks me the most is when you only have 1 port (Bermuda) They give you three $50.00 credits total but you can't combine them you must use them on 3 different days. Bummer.

There is a way to get a little OBC from them if you book cheap excursions (almost impossible I know lol). No matter the cost of the excursion once it's complete they will give you the $50.00 credit so let says you book a transfer for $30.00 you would get an extra $20.00 credited to your account. I was surprised they did this but it must be automated or something. I booked a clam shell for $40.00 at GSC and they gave me the full $50.00 credit so I made $10.00 on the deal. Hardly anything to get excited about but to answer your question yes technically you could get yourself a couple dollars if you book the right excursions.

2 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

ksorge17,  I am sorry but you seem to have quite the attitude.  You need to chill out and relax and don't jump on people so quickly.  

True, because those people who tried to help, BTW I said no one has posted they were successful and I was correct, will remember and not help again.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

True, because those people who tried to help, BTW I said no one has posted they were successful and I was correct, will remember and not help again.

I could say the sky is blue and be correct however that wouldn't answer my question.

Thank you so much for responding but I was looking for a specific answer not that you haven't seen it before. 

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

No, I have not tried it, but I’ve read here on CC that others tried it, and failed. Therefore, I’m going to say no, it’s not allowed.

I'll save Ksorge17 the time, why would you even respond.  That is not what the original poster asked.  Unless you actually asked the exact question there is no need to respond.  

Maybe if the OP sees how rude this response is, they will adjust their attitude.  

Edited by Paphillyguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ksorge17 said:

I could say the sky is blue and be correct however that wouldn't answer my question.

Thank you so much for responding but I was looking for a specific answer not that you haven't seen it before. 

That is just the way it is around here, i have the same thing going on another board, i specifically asked if there a free way to get out of port canaveral (because it is illegal to walk out, no side walk across the bridge) I dont want to pay $30 for ncl shuttle.  I have been getting nailed with some horrible and  unhelpful comments.

6 minutes ago, Newleno said:

That is just the way it is around here, i have the same thing going on another board, i specifically asked if there a free way to get out of port canaveral (because it is illegal to walk out, no side walk across the bridge) I dont want to pay $30 for ncl shuttle.  I have been getting nailed with some horrible and  unhelpful comments.

Sorry, but the only horrible and unhelpful posts were made by the OP, not anyone trying to answer the question. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ksorge17 said:

Again, please only comment if it's value-added to my question. Telling me that you haven't seen it doesn't answer my question. I asked for people who have tried it. 

No. You have to COMPLETE a NCL excursion to get credit AFTER You complete the excursion UP TO $50. 

6 hours ago, ksorge17 said:

My wife and received the $50 credit also on our last cruise. Completely worthless to us. For sh!ts and giggles I went to GS to see if we could convert it to OBC......No. You need to find another TA