Sold Out Cruise

So I'm curious if anyone knows if my husband and I have a chance to get on a sold out cruise.  Back story:  We have been paying two mortgages for 6 months now and couldn't afford it when our family and friends booked the trip but the week before we finally closed there were a ton of rooms still available and than this past Thursday right after we finally closed I looked to book the trip and it's completely sold out.  I've been calling travel agencies, Royal 2x a day in hopes that something opens up.  I am so upset that it's not looking hopeful.  I'm writing on here to see if anyone has maybe a good travel agent, someone that is good at finding out anything or has rooms blocked out on certain cruises.  I'm looking at the Royal Anthem of the Seas ship leaving out of New Jersey port on May 23, 2019 to June 1, 2019 - 9 day cruise.  New at this site but really looking for maybe a little guidance a little glimpse of hope that possibly may be left that maybe someone who travels more may know.

3 hours ago, squeeky126 said:

I've been calling travel agencies, Royal 2x a day in hopes that something opens up.  I am so upset that it's not looking hopeful.  

Nothing to be upset about - just keep checking or wait for a better time to take that cruise. 

Biker, who wouldn't bother with calling RCI, but instead would check their UK site for cabin availability.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, squeeky126 said:

So I'm curious if anyone knows if my husband and I have a chance to get on a sold out cruise.  Back story:  We have been paying two mortgages for 6 months now and couldn't afford it when our family and friends booked the trip but the week before we finally closed there were a ton of rooms still available and than this past Thursday right after we finally closed I looked to book the trip and it's completely sold out.  I've been calling travel agencies, Royal 2x a day in hopes that something opens up.  I am so upset that it's not looking hopeful.  I'm writing on here to see if anyone has maybe a good travel agent, someone that is good at finding out anything or has rooms blocked out on certain cruises.  I'm looking at the Royal Anthem of the Seas ship leaving out of New Jersey port on May 23, 2019 to June 1, 2019 - 9 day cruise.  New at this site but really looking for maybe a little guidance a little glimpse of hope that possibly may be left that maybe someone who travels more may know.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Unfortunately, one of the rules of this website prevents anyone from suggesting specific travel agents.

Travel agents won’t be of any help in this case as all group space gets recalled by Royal 120 days prior to sailing.

You can get waitlisted for a cabin by paying a deposit.  Call Royal or a travel agent for this option.  Other than that check the website 4-5 times daily.  

Actually, I just checked and all categories are closed and can’t be waitlisted other than a studio inside and Studio balcony and the three highest suites.

just Jeep checking the website and maybe something will show up.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

My husband and I are on this cruise - we booked last Oct.  I've been checking availability from time to time to see if a better balcony location opens up.  The itinerary (Bermuda & the Caribbean) and the dates being over the Memorial Day holiday weekend makes it very appealing; thus the cabins filled up fast and prices started climbing. One day Royal's website shows all categories sold-out except one or two high-end suites; another day it shows  several Interior and/or OV cabins available.  We've received several invites to bid on an upgraded cabin via the Royal Up program.  Hopefully several bids will be accepted for the suites and a cabin may open for you as a result of the "domino" affect of others upgrading.  As others have said, keep checking back with Royal and let them know you would really like to join your family and friends on this cruise now!  Hope you're successful and will join us on-board this beautiful ship in May!  

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Our TA's website is showing all categories except OV available, but at very high prices.

We are willing to pay the high prices, but on any TA I called or any website I go to nothing is available.  Wish there was someway to know whose TA's website you are looking at because I would go there right now and book it.

11 hours ago, long4acruise said:

My husband and I are on this cruise - we booked last Oct.  I've been checking availability from time to time to see if a better balcony location opens up.  The itinerary (Bermuda & the Caribbean) and the dates being over the Memorial Day holiday weekend makes it very appealing; thus the cabins filled up fast and prices started climbing. One day Royal's website shows all categories sold-out except one or two high-end suites; another day it shows  several Interior and/or OV cabins available.  We've received several invites to bid on an upgraded cabin via the Royal Up program.  Hopefully several bids will be accepted for the suites and a cabin may open for you as a result of the "domino" affect of others upgrading.  As others have said, keep checking back with Royal and let them know you would really like to join your family and friends on this cruise now!  Hope you're successful and will join us on-board this beautiful ship in May!  

I'm hoping something comes up as well.  Just upsetting that our house didn't close sooner to be able to book it when there were tons of things available.  If something does come up for you to upgrade I wonder if there is a way to hold the room you are giving up under my name? I know this is a long shot but I would kick myself for not at least asking.

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Travel agents won’t be of any help in this case as all group space gets recalled by Royal 120 days prior to sailing.

You can get waitlisted for a cabin by paying a deposit.  Call Royal or a travel agent for this option.  Other than that check the website 4-5 times daily.  

Actually, I just checked and all categories are closed and can’t be waitlisted other than a studio inside and Studio balcony and the three highest suites.

just Jeep checking the website and maybe something will show up.

I do check constantly, thank you.  I call 2x a day as well but getting defeated, trying to get on a cruise I'm finding is exhausting

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Nothing to be upset about - just keep checking or wait for a better time to take that cruise. 

Biker, who wouldn't bother with calling RCI, but instead would check their UK site for cabin availability.

Thank you!

At this point in time (being so close to sailing)  I would venture to guess you will only be able to get a cabin directly form RC.  We have been in the same situation and 2 weeks before the sailing cabins came available.

I would call them instead of just looking online.

Good luck!

43 minutes ago, robandana said:

At this point in time (being so close to sailing)  I would venture to guess you will only be able to get a cabin directly form RC.  We have been in the same situation and 2 weeks before the sailing cabins came available.

I would call them instead of just looking online.

Good luck!

Agreed, call them, call them again, get wait listed as suggested above by paying the deposit.  Have you sailed before?  If you have sailed Royal before call the C&A # but either way just call.  Fingers crossed!!

OP-I'm sorry, I don't have much helpful advice other then to just keep checking. Fingers crossed something pops up!!

We're on the Adventure 8 day a week before you (and a little overlapping) and while I haven't been religiously checking (we got a good guarantee rate to start so it was a long shot for lower price) I was surprised when suddenly this week our ship is sold out, or at least not coming up any more as an option when searching. I'm wondering if this is crunch time (~30 days out) to get the Royal Up winners situated before they open lower categories? May be wishful thinking but in my glass half full head I like to think that at least some insides will pop up after they start assigning the upgrades....

3 hours ago, squeeky126 said:

We are willing to pay the high prices, but on any TA I called or any website I go to nothing is available.  Wish there was someway to know whose TA's website you are looking at because I would go there right now and book it.I

I wish I could pass that name along.  The heading does say Sold Out, but the cabin prices are $1300 for an inside and over $7,000 for a balcony or suite!  I'm not sure what that means when they say Sold Out but then list prices...…..

Good luck!  Keep trying.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I wish I could pass that name along.  The heading does say Sold Out, but the cabin prices are $1300 for an inside and over $7,000 for a balcony or suite!  I'm not sure what that means when they say Sold Out but then list prices...…..

Good luck!  Keep trying.

Because that is a great price the 1,300 and really want to book it if someone has it available somewhere 😞

1 hour ago, KG1924 said:

OP-I'm sorry, I don't have much helpful advice other then to just keep checking. Fingers crossed something pops up!!

We're on the Adventure 8 day a week before you (and a little overlapping) and while I haven't been religiously checking (we got a good guarantee rate to start so it was a long shot for lower price) I was surprised when suddenly this week our ship is sold out, or at least not coming up any more as an option when searching. I'm wondering if this is crunch time (~30 days out) to get the Royal Up winners situated before they open lower categories? May be wishful thinking but in my glass half full head I like to think that at least some insides will pop up after they start assigning the upgrades....

I'm really hoping 😞 thank you for answering and enjoy your cruise!

21 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Good luck!  Keep trying.

The May 23 sail does not even show up.   May 9th sail has cabin with somewhere prices in the stratosphere "Other Rooms"  from $6,910.

I would call Royal sometimes between 6 and 9PM and talk either to C&A or a travel associate and ask him/her for help. I was in a situation similar to the OPs and the lady on the other end was able to help. Why between 6 and 9, I believe there was a low volume of calls and she had more time to go through their system.

Good luck

Google May 23rd Anthem of the Seas - I just saw a site that shows "book now" by the inside category!  2 sites actually!  These were the first couple links that popped up - GO FOR IT and GOOD LUCK!!
I think those sites are a bit behind. Clicking through shows "no availability".
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hapster85 said:
2 hours ago, ShillyShally said:
Google May 23rd Anthem of the Seas - I just saw a site that shows "book now" by the inside category!  2 sites actually!  These were the first couple links that popped up - GO FOR IT and GOOD LUCK!!

I think those sites are a bit behind. Clicking through shows "no availability".

Ugh, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case!

1 minute ago, hapster85 said:
13 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:
Ugh, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case!

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately, a lot of those sites don't have front ends that update in real time.

I discovered that today with something else I was looking at that was linked from another site - even though it said it had the thing in stock I had to do some digging and finally found it on an outlet site.  

On 4/16/2019 at 4:17 PM, squeeky126 said:

Best advice by far is to keep contacting RCCL directly placing emphasis on fact that WHOLE family is booked on this cruise and you are willing to pay whatever. Ask to be placed on waiting list with immediate notification of ANY openings that become available. I am seeing a couple suites and inside cabins supposedly available but.pricing is exorbitant. Google date of sailing and Anthem of the Seas for links. Are there any brick and mortar travel agencies in your area? Good luck..hope this works out and you can join family on the adventure