New sale?

10 minutes ago, SmilesYourWay said:

How does the 3 for free work? You pay for 1 and 3 are free? What if 3 people are traveling, how many would be free? 

No it is usually 3 perks for free but they are not always great ones (like 1 catagory upgrade (balcony to balcony). 

1 hour ago, SmilesYourWay said:

How does the 3 for free work? You pay for 1 and 3 are free? What if 3 people are traveling, how many would be free? 

In the past:

Free cabin upgrade within the same category, ie. interior to interior, balcony to balcony

Free Gratuitie/pp for up to 4 in a cabin. Does not include beverage gratuities

Free OBC/pp based on the length of the cruise for up to 4 in a cabin.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

In the past:

Free cabin upgrade within the same category, ie. interior to interior, balcony to balcony

Free Gratuitie/pp for up to 4 in a cabin. Does not include beverage gratuities

Free OBC/pp based on the length of the cruise for up to 4 in a cabin.

That is exactly what we have for a 15 day Hawaii cruise in October - it ended up being better than the sip and sail deal we originally had since the price came down and we got $200 OBC each

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, jwattle said:

For OBC, you can only purchase excursions. You would have to get the other things once onboard.

Thanks! We've never had this much OBC before ($300), so we've never considered buying a package of any kind. 

May 1 - June 4

Up to $500 onboard to spend and free gratuities. 2 for 1 deposits.

Onboard credit, when you include gratuities, is a little better than the past sale but there is no cabin upgrade.

I have another question about this OBC: is it refundable, balance transferable to the next cruise, or use it or lose it?

We got $300 OBC and my parents got $200, and we don't usually even spend this much, even if I get a $60 internet and a $70 soda package for 1. My parents don't drink soda and don't need internet.

We tried to get this sale put on our booking but were told it is only for new bookings. Our T/A  says we can cancel and rebook but can not guarantee 

we will keep our cabin.(as per Princess).  When I check to see what cabins

are available every delux cat has guarantee only. Our cruise is not until

Aug 2020.  Any suggestions?

6 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I have another question about this OBC: is it refundable, balance transferable to the next cruise, or use it or lose it?

We got $300 OBC and my parents got $200, and we don't usually even spend this much, even if I get a $60 internet and a $70 soda package for 1. My parents don't drink soda and don't need internet.

You must use it. The only refundable amounts are the military, prepaid, and travel agent gifts. Don't forget that there are gratuities that will take a big hunk out of the credit. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, denmarks said:

You must use it. The only refundable amounts are the military, prepaid, and travel agent gifts. Don't forget that there are gratuities that will take a big hunk out of the credit. 

thanks, it was 3 for free, with gratuities, OBC and within-category upgrade included.

Otherwise, the $100 pp OBC would totally offset the $94 pp gratuities, but I have never been able to apply OBC to gratuities before.

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

..., but I have never been able to apply OBC to gratuities before.

This may not apply to you but I have never had a problem with OBC going to gratuities. It is all on the same statement.

8 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

thanks, it was 3 for free, with gratuities, OBC and within-category upgrade included.

Otherwise, the $100 pp OBC would totally offset the $94 pp gratuities, but I have never been able to apply OBC to gratuities before.

were you trying to "prepay" them with your OBC before the cruise ?

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

were you trying to "prepay" them with your OBC before the cruise ?

No, I wasn't. We never prepay gratuities, and our OBC has never exceeded $100 total anyway (mostly $25-50 total), so we always used it up for misc (drinks, gelato, excursions). But I do remember disclaimers that the particular OBC we got was not applicable to gratuities. But it was not through Princess, that's why I have questions about it. This is the first time I got the 3 for free deal.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

No, I wasn't. We never prepay gratuities, and our OBC has never exceeded $100 total anyway (mostly $25-50 total), so we always used it up for misc (drinks, gelato, excursions). But I do remember disclaimers that the particular OBC we got was not applicable to gratuities. But it was not through Princess, that's why I have questions about it. This is the first time I got the 3 for free deal.

Our obc has always first gone to grats unless we had a free grat promotion

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Maybe use it for a spa treatment.

• Like 1