Birthday/celebration cake

vaka08

13 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Do you think that would work if you have MTD?

They should be able to make that work, but I admit, I have not tried that.  I would be concerned if the cake was to be delivered on a night when you have a different wait staff.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

They should be able to make that work, but I admit, I have not tried that.  I would be concerned if the cake was to be delivered on a night when you have a different wait staff.

That's my concern as well. This seems to be popular. One would think that they would just have a generic cake (for a fee) that they could just right Happy whatever on available at anytime. In the past on Princess we would let them know that we were celebrating an occasion in our planner. When we arrived there would be a postcard in our room for a cake. We would just bring that postcard to the dining room on the night that we wanted to celebrate and hand it to our waiter. There wasn't any charge for this. I can't believe that passengers on Royal are paying for a cake and there are so many issues. Seems like it should be simple. You buy a cake you receive a cake.

• 6 months later...

Note the wait staff would come and sing for you, in Adventure they even clapped the menus together, to emulate fireworks I guess, which made me glad I did NOT request anything for my birthday since I'm not into that kind of thing.

We’ve twice ordered the RCCL birthday cakes.

Once on line and on the other occasion been to guest services two days before we wanted the cake both times for delivery to the MDR.

Each time the cake has been delicious delivered exactly as ordered and in our opinions well worth the money.

Symphony and Oasis.

13 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

On my DH's birthday, we have reservations at Chops.  I dont see any options to have the cake served at Chops.

I'm sure if you order onboard you could arrange for it to be delivered to Chops.

12 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

I don't see any option to order a cake in my cruise planner. Where would it be? I checked the gift section and the dining section. Cruise in 25 days on Explorer. Maybe they don't do it on that ship?

Does this work for you?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/treats/cakes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes it did, thank you!! I assume this can't be returned like other cruise planner purchases, since it's not through the cruise planner? Still deciding because it is just my husband and I, don't really need a whole cake LOL.

I ordered the birthday cake/decorations for my husband. The cake was delivered to our room on day 1. Our servers brought him a separate dessert with candle and sang to him with a whole bunch of people on his birthday. My son mentioned it to our servers the night before at dinner. We also got a note from the Spa about my husband’s birthday and a $50 off any treatment coupon. I’m assuming they saw the sign on the door. 

We never actually ate the cake that was delivered!  My husband is not a huge sweets person, but I knew that going into ordering the package. It did look like the cake pictured. 

3 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

Yes it did, thank you!! I assume this can't be returned like other cruise planner purchases, since it's not through the cruise planner? Still deciding because it is just my husband and I, don't really need a whole cake LOL.

I don't know if it can be returned, but you can call to order and ask them: 800-722-5443.