Cabins by elevators - noise?

metairiegal

It's not as bad as some claim. We just completed 20 days near by & didn't notice any extra noise. The kids running down the hall way created more noise.

Clomp...Clomp...Clomp...Clomp...Clomp...😏

2 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Had a cabin right by the Panoramic elevators, never heard a sound.  Also never heard any sound from people gathered and waiting for an elevator.  It was very quiet.

good to know ... hope it holds up for our upcoming cruise as we have a cabin booked also by the Panoramic elevators

We always try to have a cabin close to midship so we are never far from the elevators. Haven't ever had a problem with noise from them. 

Enjoy your cruise.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

Hardly any noises but do get used to the occasional amount of excess people traffic on part days and the occasional elevator ding sound. I have really good hearing and am skilled in listening out for things so even with what I consider a higher level of hearing being in cabins close to the elevator was not much of a problem for me. Of course cabins further away are much quieter. With the venting sound of the air conditioner and the ambient noise of the ship most other insignificant noises are drowned out.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I've been in cabins right off the elevators, and just a few cabins from the elevators, and have never heard a lot of noise. Sometimes people talking, but you can hear that no matter where the cabin is.

More so on the older ships that have a vent at the bottom of your cabin door. On the Royal class ships it's almost impossible to hear a sound no matter what cabin you're in. 

On 4/17/2019 at 6:46 PM, possum52 said:

We always try to have a cabin close to midship so we are never far from the elevators. Haven't ever had a problem with noise from them. ]

This is also our experience. We usually book a few staterooms up from either side of elevators/stairwells for convenience.

The only place I would have a concern with elevator noise would be a cabin that shares a wall with an elevator shaft.

We have experienced this and would not wish it on anyone.

With that said we have had many cabins very close to elevators and have never had any issues.

IMO Princess cabins are very soundproof for the most part.

• Like 1