Trip Report [May 10 2019] - Celebrity Millennium: Vancouver to Seward

hvbaskey

Gorgeous photos!

Looking at them...I see that there are benches on the helipad! I don't recall seeing that in the past...did you notice if they opened up the helipad on the Hubbard day? Where were you on Hubbard day? I'd love to read more about the story behind the photos!

19 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

Gorgeous photos!

Looking at them...I see that there are benches on the helipad! I don't recall seeing that in the past...did you notice if they opened up the helipad on the Hubbard day? Where were you on Hubbard day? I'd love to read more about the story behind the photos!

I believe they did open the Helipad for Hubbard day.  We were graciously invited to spend time with new friends in the Penthouse for Hubbard viewing, which was in a nutshell, a private half-helipad with amazing views.  We were very thankful for the opportunity to not only spend time with new friends, but to view the Hubbard from such an outstanding location.

The Millennium was refurbished in 2019 and I do not recall benches being on the helipad when we sailed on her in 2017 and had a sail-in to Thailand in the same location (helipad).  It's a really nice touch!

I hope to finish the Hubbard post this weekend.  Many more photos to share, with the story that goes along with them 🙂

22 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

Gorgeous photos!

Story and loads of photos now added to the Hubbard Page 🙂
https://baskeytravels.com/hubbard-glacier/

On 7/19/2019 at 6:54 AM, hvbaskey said:

Almost finished my travelogue:  https://baskeytravels.com/2019/06/08/alaska-2019/

Will transfer information to this trip report soon ... but in the meanwhile, if you want to see loads of photos and details; click on the link above 🙂

Heather

Oh my goodness, such stunning photos, loved your blog!   Thanks so much for sharing :)   I'm on the 8 night Solstice out of Vancouver next May....  your posts were so helpful!  I'm a fan of Mickey as well, & I'm going to look into booking the same excursion that you did in Juneau 

Thanks again

6 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Oh my goodness, such stunning photos, loved your blog!   Thanks so much for sharing 🙂   I'm on the 8 night Solstice out of Vancouver next May....  your posts were so helpful!  I'm a fan of Mickey as well, & I'm going to look into booking the same excursion that you did in Juneau 

Thanks again

Thank you for your very kind words!   Jelena (Mickey's wife) is the best for setting up any private excursions you are interested in.  I would highly recommend reaching out to her.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, masterdrago said:

Thanks for the report. Such a joy to read. Great way to do a blog and so easy to catch all the details. I wish I were as talented.

Thank you for the very kind words.  Very nice to hear that you enjoyed the read.

We are doing the reverse of your trip next month, so thank you for the blog link.  Your photos are spectacular!!

This is our third Alaska trip.  For the previous two we did a lot of inland travel first and then some of the coast.  We have been far into the interior, which is also unique and beautiful, but are looking forward to a few new coastal areas this time.  Lots older than we were on those first two trips, so we are happy to have gotten to the interior travels on prior visits. 

We look forward to some amazing coastal opportunities for experiences/photos of our own and to meeting more of the always intriguing Alaskan people. 

Thanks again for whetting our appetite!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DiamondDiva said:

Hope you do not mind, but I posted a link to this report and your blog on the CC Meet and Great forum for our trip. 

@DiamondDiva - I don't mind at all!  quite appreciative of your kind words.  Hope others find it helpful as well.  Heather

• 5 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 6:20 AM, mapleleaves said:

Walking 1.5 miles each way sounds fine, but from first hand experience I can tell you that it's not so fine on a wet, windy day.  Perhaps you can find another couple on your roll call who would be willing to share a cab with you?

I recommend that you price a rental car ..... gives you the ability to see and do so much more.  ie an easy ride out to the coast to see the Shrine of St Therese, Eagle Beach, and the ability to say you drove to the End of the Road. 

We are planning to hire a car in  Juneau in August and would appreciate any recommendations for a hire car company.

Edited by Aussie17

4 hours ago, Aussie17 said:

We are planning to hire a car in  Juneau in August and would appreciate any recommendations for a hire car company.

Juneau Car Rental seems to be a favorite ... older cars with a lot of miles, but reasonably priced.  https://www.juneaurentalcars.com/

And there's also Avis.  Both offices are about a mile walk.

This map from the Juneau Visitor Guide will help you with distances to popular locations:

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/10785063#/10785063/26

Edited by mapleleaves
map