Chat App on Symphony

jrapps

I read that the Chat feature in the Royal app was only working on one ship (Harmony) and it wasn't rolled out to the Symphony yet, which is bonkers since Symphony is the newer ship.

Has anyone been on Symphony recently and can confirm if the Chat feature does or does not work?

Thanks for the update! They seem to really be pushing the app; using it for tracking what's happening electronically (vs the paper compass), saving where/when you want to go to stuff etc. But, if the app isn't working for chat, which I think is a huge feature, it seems to defeat the purpose and you might as well use post it/pens and the paper compass.

Does anyone know if the chat feature works without internet while on ship or is that dependent on purchasing voom?

Hopefully, kinks get worked out and it's up and running on other ships soon!

7 minutes ago, June_B said:

Thanks for the update! They seem to really be pushing the app; using it for tracking what's happening electronically (vs the paper compass), saving where/when you want to go to stuff etc. But, if the app isn't working for chat, which I think is a huge feature, it seems to defeat the purpose and you might as well use post it/pens and the paper compass.

Does anyone know if the chat feature works without internet while on ship or is that dependent on purchasing voom?

Hopefully, kinks get worked out and it's up and running on other ships soon!

The chat feature works (on Allure and Harmony) without having to purchase VOOM (internet).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

The chat feature works (on Allure and Harmony) without having to purchase VOOM (internet).

I wasn't aware Royal announced it was working on Allure...is that official, or just user-reported?

Has anyone been on Symphony recently or going in the next few weeks to see if it is working there yet (even though not announced)?