Looks like Cuba is closed to tourists

TNCruzer56

21 minutes ago, TNCruzer56 said:

According to news articles, trump has closed all non relative visits. Sure there will be more info to follow.

Closed to American tourists.

Cuba is still wide open to all the other 7 billion tourists out there.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

The last time travel restrictions to Cuba were announced was in June 2017. They didn't take effect until November 2017. More than likely anyone who booked a Cuba cruise that leaves in the next few months (myself included) will probably still be able to make the trip. 

Until they release more information about timing and if this affects anyone who already booked travel, we won't know for sure. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

I am googling and checking Facebook, but seems like no one knows if cruises will be impacted???

Travel & Leisure had something online tonight that cruises will be affected.  Maybe google T & L Cuba restrictions?  

26 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

Americans may think this is a stupid question but I don't understand it. Trump can't really close Cuba, can he? Does it just mean that Americans visiting Cuba aren't allowed to enter the US again? If Cuba then decides to just let Americans in without register their visit what can Trump do about that? (I don't think that will happen but if.)

The threadtitle mention that Cuba is closed to tourists. Only Cuba can close Cuba, not Trump.

As I said, Americans may think my question is stupid but I really don't understand it and want someone to explain it to me!

He can prevent airlines and cruise ships from going there. Americans can go through Mexico or the Bahamas to get there. The Cubans can discretely avoid stamping Americans’ passports. The game has as been played before, sadly it appears that it will resume. 

14 minutes ago, pbenjamin said:

He can prevent airlines and cruise ships from going there. Americans can go through Mexico or the Bahamas to get there. The Cubans can discretely avoid stamping Americans’ passports. The game has as been played before, sadly it appears that it will resume. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Americans may think this is a stupid question but I don't understand it. Trump can't really close Cuba, can he? Does it just mean that Americans visiting Cuba aren't allowed to enter the US again? If Cuba then decides to just let Americans in without register their visit what can Trump do about that? (I don't think that will happen but if.)

The threadtitle mention that Cuba is closed to tourists. Only Cuba can close Cuba, not Trump.

As I said, Americans may think my question is stupid but I really don't understand it and want someone to explain it to me!

I believe ....You can still go to Cuba but after May you will have to go from other ports not US based.   MSC and Costa have cruises to cuba from Caribbean ports.  That being said... we went last Oct and the information you have to fill out for the Visa does have the questions as to why you are going....I think that might change and if it does you won't be able to visit under the same circumstances......now if we move to Canada...no problem...😊

1 hour ago, myjillian said:

I believe ....You can still go to Cuba but after May you will have to go from other ports not US based.   MSC and Costa have cruises to cuba from Caribbean ports.  That being said... we went last Oct and the information you have to fill out for the Visa does have the questions as to why you are going....I think that might change and if it does you won't be able to visit under the same circumstances......now if we move to Canada...no problem...😊

I understand that. Maybe the threadtitle was a little misleading. Cuba can close for tourists but that is not what may happen now.

(I have a brother living in Plattsburgh.)

1 hour ago, vpearlkc said:

NCL stock price dropped almost 3% yesterday. Trump loves a booming market. Maybe he will back off if the cruise industry takes a big hit.

but you forget how much it has gone up this year: it was bound to take a hit one of these days. I don't know how much this had to do with The Cuba situation or just an adjustment.