Looks like Cuba is closed to tourists

TNCruzer56

9 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

So saying you can go from Bahamas to Cuba, maybe if NCL changes the order of ports around and goes from Miami to GSC and then to Cuba instead of Miami - Cuba - GSC????  

That will not be possible. Cruises leaving from the US will not be able to go to Cuba. People will have to embark and disembark outside the US.

2 hours ago, tokidoki said:

Just called NCL to find out if I am still sailing to Cuba 5/13/19 and the answer is YES!   They are monitoring the situation of course, but let’s c what happens😳

Are you on Sky or Sun? We're on the Sun thanks for the info.

Edited by Lorey2007

1 hour ago, katesmarma said:

https://skift.com/2019/04/17/u-s-travel-to-cuba-made-more-difficult-again-with-non-family-visits-barred/

It looks like the normal  govt time frame is in effect. I hope that means all of us booked thru July are safely going.  That May 2 was for law suits that will most likely go nowhere. 

Normal govt time frame? 

I  was being sarcastic. It will most likely take weeks for the actual rules and reg to get implemented. So many times the wheels of the govt grind slowly. Waited 2 months for a simple permit one time is my example. If you noted they said in the coming months?? No date per se. 

We're sailing May 20th on the NCL Sun.  Initially, I was upset, but after reading some of the articles posted here on CC,  I'm now thinking that it'll be a while before the new rules go into effect.  Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Edited by Cruzinnana47
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

We're sailing May 20th on the NCL Sun.  Initially, I was upset, but after reading some of the articles posted here on CC,  I'm now thinking that it'll be a while before the new rules go into effect.  Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Amen to that😍

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:08 PM, Bollinge said:

This link takes you nowhere.  I researched this and the only information I find are posts on Cruise Critic.

Does anyone have a link to a real article?

I just checked the NCL website and they have tons of cruises to Cuba still listed.  So does Viking Ocean, Silver Seas, Royal Caribbean.

I hate to bring more bad news, but those of you planning a visit should visit the cruise critic Cuba forum. Posters are reporting the Cuban government is threatening private tour guides and some companies have had to go out of business.  

10 minutes ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

This link takes you nowhere.  I researched this and the only information I find are posts on Cruise Critic.

Does anyone have a link to a real article?

I just checked the NCL website and they have tons of cruises to Cuba still listed.  So does Viking Ocean, Silver Seas, Royal Caribbean.

Post 28 has a link to a pretty good article .

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, TNCruzer56 said:

According to news articles, trump has closed all non relative visits. Sure there will be more info to follow.

Hopefully it will be short term - if it even happens at all.   Could be a bargaining chip.

I do not have any skin in this game but was very curious.

I have read the article and my take is that it will not affect the cruise lines because it is within the cruise contract that they can change ports and/or not even visit any.  This would royally anger me, but is a real possibility.

Hopefully for those booked and planning to book, this will be resolved soon.

7 hours ago, katesmarma said:

https://skift.com/2019/04/17/u-s-travel-to-cuba-made-more-difficult-again-with-non-family-visits-barred/

It looks like the normal  govt time frame is in effect. I hope that means all of us booked thru July are safely going.  That May 2 was for law suits that will most likely go nowhere. 

Where in the article does it state that cruises are good safely through July? I mean, I hope you’re right cause I’m booked on the Sky for July 15th.

That's the big problem no one knows. Last time they changed the rules took 6months to setup. I have read 8 articles so far. All come up with almost the same idea. Most seem to feel you will need to be strict with the rules  for Helms-Burton. That was that visa people to people we signed. All seem to state no one can come up with date except the lawsuit May 2. My gut feeling that they would not really want to affect Fl economy. Hope it is a lot of bluster and little regulation changes. May 27th is our target date to sail. Meanwhile just have to keep and eye out for any more info