WHAT Happens to the Cuba cruises

wesport

So...what are you going to do instead?  How deeply would Seabourn have to discount the new itinerary for you to decide to go? Fortunately, we hadn’t booked flights yet, although we had a pre-cruise  hotel in Miami reserved. We are currently looking at the 22-day Miami to Santiago itinerary, but I’ve heard the ports are a snore.

Linda

7 hours ago, wesport said:

Close to one million cruisers across all lines now have their cruise cancelled. They have to eat their airfare, so it is kind of a big deal. Also cruise lines will lose millions of revenue which affects a lot of their workers. 

They didn’t have their cruise cancelled, they had their ports changed

On 6/5/2019 at 1:56 AM, Kingofcool1947 said:

Your itinerary may change from visiting Cuba to visiting Haiti and/or the Dominican Republic.   I hear Haiti and D.R. are beautiful, people friendly and welcoming to tourists (cruisers).    Very safe countries for tourists.

So, if you are already booked for a cruise with port call(s) in Cuba, and it is changed to Haiti or the Dominican Republic, will you still go?  Or cancel?

Good luck.

Haiti is not safe, on land or by visiting by sea.  There is civil unrest with tourists (brave enough to visit) needing to be evacuated.  The government is unstable (and corrupt) and the local people suffering terribly. Beautiful it may be, but safe it is not. I would travel to Cuba in a heart beat before ever risking my life in Haiti.  Luckily, my country allows me the freedom of that choice, should I choose to make it, 

• Thanks 1

The alternative itineraries for the Sojourn’s “Cuba cruises” have been released to those who had booked them. received an email from Seabourn a couple of hours ago. Tomorrow the revised ie lower prices will be supplied to my TA.

I expect Seabourn will load these itineraries onto their website soon. 

Well done, Seabourn, for handling the work in just several days and on time, as promised, considering the logistical challenges the industry faced due to those US sanctions!

Happy and healthy sailing!

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious what fellow Seabourn travelers who booked one of the Cuba cruises have decided to do. We're booked on the 14-day holiday cruise. I do appreciate the price decrease with the revised itinerary, that our price is a little below what's currently shown on the website, and the added shipboard credit Seabourn is offering -- I think they've come up with a reasonably fair offer for the customers who had booked. But they can't change that what drew us to book was the allure of visiting Cuba. We're just trying to decide if we want to do the more typical Caribbean cruise that has resulted. 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, cruiseej said:

Just curious what fellow Seabourn travelers who booked one of the Cuba cruises have decided to do. We're booked on the 14-day holiday cruise. I do appreciate the price decrease with the revised itinerary, that our price is a little below what's currently shown on the website, and the added shipboard credit Seabourn is offering -- I think they've come up with a reasonably fair offer for the customers who had booked. But they can't change that what drew us to book was the allure of visiting Cuba. We're just trying to decide if we want to do the more typical Caribbean cruise that has resulted. 

We weren't originally booked on the 14-day holiday cruise but with the price drop we are now looking at moving from doing two back-to-back 7 nights on Odyssey in November to this one instead (we don't like sailing for anything less than 10 nights but also don't really like passenger changeovers if we can avoid them).  My husband worked on an extended project placement in Curacao a few years ago and still has friends across the region so for us, its a rather economical way to visit with everyone since the flights to the ABCs are often quite steep with limited schedules.

We loved Cuba and had been keeping an eye on these with the original itinerary as well... the prices were just a little steeper than what we were willing to pay considering we've visited already.  We had assumed that, like most other Seabourn destinations that end up on multi-year rotations, that this one would become a winter staple and that prices in 2020 or 2021 would be closer to what our daily threshold is.

2 hours ago, markham said:

Wesport,

This sounds like a smart move but don’t wait! You risk over time those great price and OBC terms.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Fortunately , we already booked the Cuba cruise, so reservation is already made. Got the new invoice recently with the additional OBC on top of the original reservation OBC, so with the shareholder credit, we should be able to drink some nice wines. Also received 300 internet minutes per person with the original invoice. So, why not. Just off the Ovation in Northern Europe, so maybe on this cruise we can have caviar in the ocean hopefully.