Live! Grandeur 4.18- 4.25.19 - Same Old Ship, Different Day

The weather report had called for 70 degrees and windy. We were headed into a cave, so I dressed in jeans and t-shirt, and brought a light jacket. I thought it would be much cooler, in the cave, but it have been comfortable in shorts and a T.

If you want to get there on your own, and pay for the tour, here are the prices

d1ba7453f337a1a152492ef353127dbe.jpg

They also have Fantasy caves, which were not part of our tour

8137e0ee41c1a81b529fb17487ae4f33.jpg

Past Reviews post 184

A few from downtown Hamilton.

fb4ebc60825836547ccaf86f313d419a.jpg

563edc0476a9ab39a93a5e8ab668cba4.jpg

cda7a04bc62c3f08f3d13d0af849ba50.jpg

2f9cd177b5eaab20d58ab260013c5593.jpg

The excursion we took, drops you off in Hamilton, and you are on your own getting back to the ship. The last photo above is from the ferry terminal.

The bad thing about being here Saturday or Sunday, is the ferries stop running to the dock yard around 6 or 6:30. It is $4.50 each for the ferry, and it is about a 15 minute ride.

You could do a bus for $4.50, but it is about an hour ride.

Past Reviews post 184

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Everyone just got called for the Minnie Mouse tour.  What??   A Minnie Mouse tour?

She warned us about her accent.  It was really a mini bus tour😂

Thanx for this. I can never make out most of the announcements.  I always tell hubby he's my 'hearing aid hubby'.  Since we're taking the mini-bus tour, I'll tell him to listen for the Minnie Mouse tour. LOL

Cant' wait.

Erika

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

If you go there, keep hold of your phone if you are shooting photos with it.

This one is in about 15 feet of water

532d0c27b870a6bc9ca54a1873f1fd9e.jpg

I guess there are other phones, and even someone’s passport in the wateremoji51.png

Past Reviews post 184

Aw, we only got to see sunglasses when we were there a couple of years ago.  Apparently, they go in and pick up items on a regular basis.  A phone is so easy to drop, but not sure how a passport would end up there.  A camera with a neck strap is the way to go.

• Like 1

That's a great cruise, we've done it and we love Bermuda but out of our price range for anything more than a cruise [emoji41]

We've always had a great time on Grandeur

So nice to sail out of Baltimore and not hassle with any flights

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SRF said:

When I have checked on Grandeur, I have seen 250 pings.

You were seeing something else - physically not possible with Geosynchronous sat. - can’t get around that 44k mile round trip. 

Edited by Biker19

H20skibum (and others who've been) would you do crystal caves again or focus on the beaches and other scenery?  I'm trying to decide if this is a must do.  If anyone's done both, how does it compare to places like Luray Caverns in VA?  

Thanks for the great photos and periscope!

Does he hide eggs too???? Do they have an egg hunt for the kids?

They do have something called “Family Bunny Eggstravaganza Hunt”, in Adventure Ocean at 4:15 today. I assume it is some type of egg hunt for the kids.

Tonight is the Easter Dance Party with the dancing Easter Bunnies performing YMCA, with a balloon drop at 10:55.

If the internet cooperates, I will try to do a periscope of it. Just search for me@H20skibum

Past Reviews post 184

H20skibum (and others who've been) would you do crystal caves again or focus on the beaches and other scenery?  I'm trying to decide if this is a must do.  If anyone's done both, how does it compare to places like Luray Caverns in VA?  

Thanks for the great photos and periscope!

We are here for an overnight, so we would actually have time for both, if we wanted. We picked the caves to do on our first day, because we had never visited any caves, other than cave tubing in Belize.

We always know you can’t do everything on one visit, so if you miss something, it is just an excuse to return.

Knowing how cool the water would be this time of year, and how windy it would be, we didn’t think we would do much beach time.

Past Reviews post 184

Wow, I have fallen behind again today. Maybe I will catch up with Bermuda, Part two in the morning.

We have left Bermuda, and have a sea day sailing to Charleston.

A collective scream could be heard through the ship, as the doggie bags appeared in the stairwells as soon as we left port.

The seas are not as bad as day 1, but many are looking like they are learning to walk all over again.

Dinner is over, and we caught the Whitney Houston tribute show. Just time for a couple drinks before the Easter Bunny show.

I hate how there is little, or no internet service in our cabin, so I can’t do much as Susan gets ready. I have found a couple spots that are reliable.

Till later. I am working on 3 hrs 38 min of sleep from last night.

Past Reviews post 184