Symphony “Suite Sun Deck” questions

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Lock on Harmony was never latched in the two weeks I was aboard. But it seems an easy hop for someone who wants to get in.

20181003_103133.jpg

Oasis seems a little more secure

That too. A easy hop over for young people. The few times we have used the Suite Deck on Harmony, the lock worked but it was easy to leave the gate ajar. 

I am not sure what you are considering cabanas as I have never been on the suite deck on other Oasis class ships, but we hung out on the Suite sun deck on Symphony every day of our sailings in November in March.  The bar was always quiet.  There are what we were calling cabanas, but I guess they were just special loungers. Right underneath the slides they have 2 solo ones where we were most of the time because of the shade.  There are 4-5 bigger ones around the corner that could fit 2.  Both were comfy with lots of pillows.  I did not take picks but found these online.

I did not notice any private areas.

72ECC079-8AEE-4E4A-A8C6-26045B8A1E6F.png

0C105D53-4251-499D-B74A-F836C254145E.jpeg

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

1 hour ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I am not sure what you are considering cabanas as I have never been on the suite deck on other Oasis class ships, but we hung out on the Suite sun deck on Symphony every day of our sailings in November in March.  The bar was always quiet.  There are what we were calling cabanas, but I guess they were just special loungers. Right underneath the slides they have 2 solo ones where we were most of the time because of the shade.  There are 4-5 bigger ones around the corner that could fit 2.  Both were comfy with lots of pillows.  I did not take picks but found these online.

I did not notice any private areas.

72ECC079-8AEE-4E4A-A8C6-26045B8A1E6F.png

0C105D53-4251-499D-B74A-F836C254145E.jpeg

Cabanas on Harmony

20181003_103342.thumb.jpg.b64139c7834c65b1e014e6d5f6bba639.jpg

Viewed from Solarium

20181003_103418.thumb.jpg.b07a12f7a8b85ad3ff789f5d076c45f8.jpg

Although it was not without chair hogs and drama (some old guy left for hours and then yelled at my friend for being in “his” chair when he finally returned), we were able to get chairs and even the fun day beds on Symphony without too much trouble. You just can’t be too picky.

The bar was great. Staffed with friendly bar tenders. Crowded a few times, but not much of an issue. They were happy to serve my kiss the virgin cocktails too. I made sure to check that this wasn’t too annoying early in the week. I was never there before noon, so not sure about the hours.

Gate seemed pretty secure to me. I think on symphony you had to use your card to get out too, no latch to lift. Maybe this was an improvement they made due to Harmony’s issue???

Enjoy! The suite sundeck was one of the best parts of our trip!!

49 minutes ago, minicruiser74 said:

Gate seemed pretty secure to me. I think on symphony you had to use your card to get out too, no latch to lift. Maybe this was an improvement they made due to Harmony’s issue???

I found it secure too.  There is also a button on the railing at the bottom of the stairs that opens the gate. 

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

20 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Included for suite and Pinnacle guests (so definitely not free - we pay for them!!).

I was assuming even the suite guests paid even an additional fee for what I saw.  How many are there?  If there are only a few it must be a blood bath to get one.

1 hour ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I was assuming even the suite guests paid even an additional fee for what I saw.  How many are there?  If there are only a few it must be a blood bath to get one.

Nope, no additional fee.  I believe there are four or six.  About the only time we find one vacant is a port day when we stay on the ship. They are really nice.

Suite Sun Deck Cabana.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, minicruiser74 said:

Although it was not without chair hogs and drama (some old guy left for hours and then yelled at my friend for being in “his” chair when he finally returned), we were able to get chairs and even the fun day beds on Symphony without too much trouble. You just can’t be too picky.

The bar was great. Staffed with friendly bar tenders. Crowded a few times, but not much of an issue. They were happy to serve my kiss the virgin cocktails too. I made sure to check that this wasn’t too annoying early in the week. I was never there before noon, so not sure about the hours.

All the suite decks need a key

3 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

No charge. Definitely four, just get there early

Oasis and Allure have them as well

Overall fairly boring place.  It is breezy, though

Edited by John&LaLa

15 hours ago, minicruiser74 said:

I need to correct my spelling error her, yikes! They served my “kids” virgin cocktails..lol.  

Also, my “old guy” comment probably seemed rude, so I apologize. So many nice people on this cruise, but this guy was really awful. But it really had nothing to do with him being old, so sorry about that.

Finally, I wanted to note that the suite sun deck on our March 30th symphony sailing was packed every day but we still found seats. Just noting that since a lot of people are saying it is empty on other ships. This was a spring break sailing so the ship was full of kids so maybe that had something to do with it. It was still a lovely place to be and a great escape from the crowded pool deck.

We sailed on Symphony in December. It was very quiet up there, never an issue for a chair or lounger, never a wait for a drink. Just the luck of the draw with the mix of guests that week - not many chose to patronize that location that often. On Harmony in Dec 2 years ago there were more people, but still not an issue.

You could go up there 24x7.

The gate to this area on the ships I have been on (Symphony, Allure, Harmony) is held by a magnetic latch that releases when you scan your Suite card or Wow Band. But give it an authoritative yank and it will open without a card. On Allure the gates were not aligned properly and did not close automatically after you passed, so anyone could swing them open with no effort unless you remembered to stop and pull them shut after yourself.

The bar was open whenever I needed a drink, but it was not staffed 24x7. I don't remember the exact hours, but certainly prior to noon and at least till 7 PM.

Hot tub was hot, small compared to most other hot tubs on the ship but big enough for 3 or 4 people comfortably. 5 or 6 maybe if love is in the air.

Hot tub at night? Not sure if / when they threw a net over it. Prior to sunset it was available for sure.

(Unrelated, prompted by reviewing my pics of the trip - make sure you see both Ice Shows, I think they were the best of the Ice Shows I've seen.)