Anniversary Package-Overpriced or great deal?

marsabez

Another question:

I am looking into the $299 anniversary package.  Has anybody done it?  While it seems that most items could be bought for the same price individually, the 25 minutes half body Swedish massage seems to be the real deal breaker.  Especially since a couples massage (although for 50 minutes) costs, by itself 269+ gratuity...Any thoughts?  

Most thing aboard will cost more than at home, it really isn't a fair comparison. If you look at the costs on any land based resort the prices are similar. If you want a package I would decide if you would do it if you didn't have the package, then add up the prices if it is close and worth it go for it. 

19 hours ago, mdsgu said:

Like most shipboard packages, it is overpriced.  $269 for a 50 minute couple's massage?  We can get that for $180 (including gratuity) at home.

but you are not at home, so we are talking apples and oranges. I do agree most on board packages are overpriced. That isn't really what the OP is asking. She/he wants to know if it is better to pay for the anniversary package or do all that is included separately. OP, just for the massage alone I think it sounds like a pretty good deal 

One thing to consider...wait until you are on-board to book spa services. They will start offering deals on day 1 - I booked massages for my mother and mother-in-law at 30% off the pre-cruise price - and 60 minutes vs 30 minutes. Great deal. You get even better deals if you book your services for a port day.   There is something to be said for having everything planned and in place, but spontaneity does save you money!

No matter what you choose...it's a wonderful treat and happy anniversary!

Amy 

• Like 1

We have ordered this same package on a previous anniversary cruise. The extra money spent was offset by the intent. If you want something that you don’t normally get when you cruise then go for it. If you are sailing in the haven or a suite then you probably won’t get a good return on your money. The butler can set up tea and he or she always brings an afternoon snack.

1. The breakfast in bed was a different menu than room service. That was nice.

2. The roses were good quality and lasted the whole 14 day cruise.

3. The afternoon tea was great. The tray was huge with lots of the normal tea fare. The cream and jam for the scones was delicious.

4. The extra specialty meal with wine helped with the meal budget.

5. The massage was short but relaxing. The ever present sales push wasn’t so relaxing. That’s always a buzzkill.

6. I did get an 8x10 of one of the pictures taken at dinner.

7. The sparking wine and strawberries are the same as every other cruise we have taken.

8. The canapés were good after a day on shore while changing for the evening.

The package can’t be ordered less than 5 days from sailing.

We enjoyed our package and would do it again.

Edited by Briji04
Additional information