Sail Away drinks

J4NEC

On Koningsdam , Med, July.  I was wondering if you get a complimentary sail away drink.  If you pre book a drinks package when does it activate?  If you wait till on board, how soon can you buy the package?

• Like 1

No complimentary drinks. There was a thread awhile ago that the passenger received a glass of sparkling champagne 

when he entered onboard!! Never happened with us all these years but on other small cruise lines they do. Windstar and Regent they do. Your drink package will be a go once onboard. 

Denise😊

2 hours ago, J4NEC said:

On Koningsdam , Med, July.  I was wondering if you get a complimentary sail away drink.  If you pre book a drinks package when does it activate?  If you wait till on board, how soon can you buy the package?

Yes, that was on The Love Boat on TV in the 70's. HA!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

No complimentary drinks. There was a thread awhile ago that the passenger received a glass of sparkling champagne 

when he entered onboard!! Never happened with us all these years but on other small cruise lines they do. Windstar and Regent they do. Your drink package will be a go once onboard. 

Denise😊

That's one of the nice little extras we enjoy on Celebrity, our other favourite cruise line. 🥂🍾

• Like 1

Id imagined waiters going around with trays of fizz!  Oh well, we will just have to make sure we get our bed package up and running.  

Never having cruised before, not sure what to expect!  At the sail away I envisage passengers standing on deck at the rail, waving (to who though!), cocktail in hand.  Does this happen? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J4NEC said:

Id imagined waiters going around with trays of fizz!  Oh well, we will just have to make sure we get our bed package up and running.  

Never having cruised before, not sure what to expect!  At the sail away I envisage passengers standing on deck at the rail, waving (to who though!), cocktail in hand.  Does this happen? 

Depends a bit on the port.  In Fort Lauderdale there is a popular webcam that people watch and you will see alot of passengers standing on the port side open decks waving to it (some with drinks).  The more scenic the ports are, obviously the more people are on hand to view.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, J4NEC said:

Yes, I was duped into Love Boat Vision when I went on my first cruise.  The ultra high end cruise lines may have that but not on HAL.  Every cruise line has passengers at the rail waiving to the building with a purchased cocktail in hand.  Gone are the day of streamers waiving as they get dropped into the ocean and is not environmentally sound.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J4NEC said:

Love... exciting and new.  Come aboard, we’re expecting you!

:classic_laugh:  When we were in Mazatlan last week, Princess blew their horn that plays The Love Boat Theme.  We on deck all did face palm plants.

At least HAL doesn't do anything corny like that.

On our recent 9 Mar cruise on Eurodam out of San Diego there was a notice in our cabin that 3-4* cruisers were invited to the Sea View Pool for free drinks. That was the first time we'd ever seen that.

DSC_3772.JPG

DSC_3773.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ski ww said:

On our recent 9 Mar cruise on Eurodam out of San Diego there was a notice in our cabin that 3-4* cruisers were invited to the Sea View Pool for free drinks. That was the first time we'd ever seen that.

DSC_3772.JPG

DSC_3773.JPG

So 🙂 civilized.

I only remember 2 "welcome aboard" drinks (cheap champagne).  One on Renaissance I in 2001, and on  Norwegian Dawn in about 2007 or so.  More bother than it's worth, since I have a purse, tote bag & all the stuff you get at check-in in my hands.  Have been on Carnival, Rccl, Celebrity, Princess, and many HAL. I'd rather have helpful staff to direct me to my cabin so I can get to the MDR & relax...….!

14 hours ago, ski ww said:

DSC_3772.JPG

DSC_3773.JPG

E-dam's Beverage Dept lookin' goooooood! :classic_smile:

• Like 3