Severe weather in Florida

ALaver

We delayed leaving Roatan today by 35-40 minutes for what looked like two late arriving families with full luggage. Families that missed the cruise in Miami and only barely made it to Roatan? Crazy sight on the pier with 15+ running with luggage to the boat. 

Thanks for the update. I can't imagine being on a cruise without luggage. I know you have to make the best of it, but it has to be such a headache.  Here's hoping Wednesday is their lucky day! Are they having a good time despite all of this?

We flew home from MCO on Sunday, March 9th.  Our flight was 3.5 hours late due to the inbound flight from Houston being delayed due to weather.  Their flight landed 3.5 hours late at approximately 5:00 p.m.

Our FA was talking about families onboard who wanted someone to call DCL to ask them to hold the ship.  I couldn't believe that not only did they fly the day of the cruise, but they expected to land at 1:30 and make it on time to Port Canaveral which is a 45 minute drive.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:40 PM, btregoning said:

We flew home from MCO on Sunday, March 9th.  Our flight was 3.5 hours late due to the inbound flight from Houston being delayed due to weather.  Their flight landed 3.5 hours late at approximately 5:00 p.m.

Our FA was talking about families onboard who wanted someone to call DCL to ask them to hold the ship.  I couldn't believe that not only did they fly the day of the cruise, but they expected to land at 1:30 and make it on time to Port Canaveral which is a 45 minute drive.

Actually they may have tried to fly in the day before like the OP's family but because of weather had flights delayed or cancelled.  Probably shouldn't judge since we don't know what happened or why they chose to fly in the same day as their cruise.

On 4/24/2019 at 9:44 AM, thistimeplease said:

Actually they may have tried to fly in the day before like the OP's family but because of weather had flights delayed or cancelled.  Probably shouldn't judge since we don't know what happened or why they chose to fly in the same day as their cruise.

Not trying to judge, just more gobsmacked.  The first time we cruised (1990) we flew in day of to Miami, due to being in a large group that was coordinated by our TA.  Never again.  Of course, we didn't cruise again until 2003, due to a crappy first cruise, but by then I had found message boards on the internet and learned what we should and shouldn't do.

I am not sure of the situation of the people flying in that day, but the bad weather had just arrived in Houston that day.  It had not been an ongoing problem.  However, you are correct, I don't know their reasons.