Joy arrived in Seattle!

ProfCruise

Look who I ran into on my morning run this morning?  Welcome to Seattle, Norwegian Joy!!!  Are any of you lucky enough to be on her this season to Alaska?

joy10.jpg.932221920e5a412afdb4f63df2ddf577.jpg

joy15.jpg.20376a00cdb5bbb7e48299dcf8b72375.jpg

joy11.jpg.49e1c1298fc555f16706afb8a4e13b1b.jpg

joy12.jpg.6ca1f99b0fc6744805b4ad9f9ee8d218.jpg

joy8.jpg.534f74bca9ab5ad5b9a9a0587ce63dc7.jpg

Edited by ProfCruise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rsato said:

Anyone know what the Joy is doing at Seattle's Pier 66? Nobody seems to be getting on or off...

She just came from extensive dry dock with staff and dry dock workers only.  She is supposed to be in Seattle for a couple of days getting everything done.  Then will sail to Vancouver, British Columbia for a special cruise to LA-- private cruise.  She will be back in Seattle on the 4th of May to begin Her 1st Alaskan season.

• Like 2

Interesting -  she is shown on the NCL site for her first AK cruise to be May 4 - the Timetables site says Apr 27. She may still be getting remodeling work done but out of dry dock. Since NCL owns the pier in Seattle, they can berth her there and finish up for either one or two weeks. This first sailing will be going to Glacier Bay.

Edited by bonvoyagie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Yes, I am more interested in that apartment than the ship 😉

The apartment's okay, but I'd much rather be on a cruise ship.  I'll trade you my apartment for a week for your cruise?  Deal?  Lol.

3 hours ago, TruckerDave said:

Ship or no ship....the view from your apartment is spectacular.😲

Can only imagine what the monthly rent is. 😳

When we were looking for an apartment I had one criteria and one criteria only: view of the cruise piers.  My husband had to be the practical one and consider boring stuff like, "is there a bedroom for our kid?"  LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, ProfCruise said:

I'm a Ute fan too!  I grew up in SLC and went to the U!  Cruising Ute fans, we should be friends.

1979 grad here.  My Mom, Dad, maternal grandmother, both sisters, and my daughter are all U grads.  We should be friends!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

Interesting -  she is shown on the NCL site for her first AK cruise to be May 4 - the Timetables site says Apr 27. She may still be getting remodeling work done but out of dry dock. Since NCL owns the pier in Seattle, they can berth her there and finish up for either one or two weeks. This first sailing will be going to Glacier Bay.

April 27 was the original inaugural cruise, but was cancelled to allow for a series of promotional cruises down to LA and back.

3 hours ago, www3traveler said:

She just came from extensive dry dock with staff and dry dock workers only.  She is supposed to be in Seattle for a couple of days getting everything done.  Then will sail to Vancouver, British Columbia for a special cruise to LA-- private cruise.  She will be back in Seattle on the 4th of May to begin Her 1st Alaskan season.

Thanks! It is strange seeing a cruise ship just sit there...

D9F388A2-7661-4FFE-8D72-B57B73A60A52.jpeg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

So if that is the case May4 will be the first AK cruise and the visit to GB. So how do they avoid the PVSA with a trip from Seattle to LA ? or because it is a private cruise, they are exempt?

The April 27 one?  She's apparently going to Vancouver from Seattle with crew only then from Vancouver to LA.  I'm on the Bliss and will cross paths, we set sail from LA on April 28, Joy is due in to LA on April 29 I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonvoyagie said:

So if that is the case May4 will be the first AK cruise and the visit to GB. So how do they avoid the PVSA with a trip from Seattle to LA ? or because it is a private cruise, they are exempt?

They will sail to Vancouver, British Columbia probably on Thursday.  There is a "Invited Guest" cruise from Vancouver to LA on Friday.  Probably another back to arrive on Saturday the 4th.
'i

• Like 1