Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ProfCruise

Joy arrived in Seattle!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Look who I ran into on my morning run this morning?  Welcome to Seattle, Norwegian Joy!!!  Are any of you lucky enough to be on her this season to Alaska?

 

joy10.jpg.932221920e5a412afdb4f63df2ddf577.jpg

 

joy15.jpg.20376a00cdb5bbb7e48299dcf8b72375.jpg

 

joy11.jpg.49e1c1298fc555f16706afb8a4e13b1b.jpg

 

joy12.jpg.6ca1f99b0fc6744805b4ad9f9ee8d218.jpg

 

joy8.jpg.534f74bca9ab5ad5b9a9a0587ce63dc7.jpg

 

 

Edited by ProfCruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then I had to run home to snap a few more from my apartment!  She's gorgeous! 

 

57750855_10219276408403591_3368186346492395520_n.jpg.849bbc48097627bf424c8a68d1485189.jpgjoy1.jpg.2bf01f936d4f38c6a423fba50ef21419.jpgjoy4.jpg.f1fc6e293059c827496ebcdd55d12fd6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least today is bright sunshine.  With all the fog yesterday, would not have been fun coming in or trying to dock Her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ProfCruise said:

Then I had to run home to snap a few more from my apartment!  She's gorgeous! 

 

57750855_10219276408403591_3368186346492395520_n.jpg.849bbc48097627bf424c8a68d1485189.jpgjoy1.jpg.2bf01f936d4f38c6a423fba50ef21419.jpgjoy4.jpg.f1fc6e293059c827496ebcdd55d12fd6.jpg

OHHHH my!  I can't hardly wait!!!!  We'll be on her May 18th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

OHHHH my!  I can't hardly wait!!!!  We'll be on her May 18th

 

I'm jealous.  Can you sneak me in your luggage?  Enjoy!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ship or no ship....the view from your apartment is spectacular.😲

Can only imagine what the monthly rent is. 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know what the Joy is doing at Seattle's Pier 66? Nobody seems to be getting on or off...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rsato said:

Anyone know what the Joy is doing at Seattle's Pier 66? Nobody seems to be getting on or off...

She just came from extensive dry dock with staff and dry dock workers only.  She is supposed to be in Seattle for a couple of days getting everything done.  Then will sail to Vancouver, British Columbia for a special cruise to LA-- private cruise.  She will be back in Seattle on the 4th of May to begin Her 1st Alaskan season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Interesting -  she is shown on the NCL site for her first AK cruise to be May 4 - the Timetables site says Apr 27. She may still be getting remodeling work done but out of dry dock. Since NCL owns the pier in Seattle, they can berth her there and finish up for either one or two weeks. This first sailing will be going to Glacier Bay.

Edited by bonvoyagie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be on her in June. Thanks for the photos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ute_fan said:

I’ll be on her in June. Thanks for the photos!

 

I'm a Ute fan too!  I grew up in SLC and went to the U!  Cruising Ute fans, we should be friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Yes, I am more interested in that apartment than the ship 😉

 

The apartment's okay, but I'd much rather be on a cruise ship.  I'll trade you my apartment for a week for your cruise?  Deal?  Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TruckerDave said:

Ship or no ship....the view from your apartment is spectacular.😲

Can only imagine what the monthly rent is. 😳

 

When we were looking for an apartment I had one criteria and one criteria only: view of the cruise piers.  My husband had to be the practical one and consider boring stuff like, "is there a bedroom for our kid?"  LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ladybaldwin said:

My daughter and I will be sailing on the Joy May 4th!

Oh, the first sailing!  Lucky ducks!  Have a fantastic time.  Wave to me during sail away - I'll be watching!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ProfCruise said:

 

I'm a Ute fan too!  I grew up in SLC and went to the U!  Cruising Ute fans, we should be friends.

1979 grad here.  My Mom, Dad, maternal grandmother, both sisters, and my daughter are all U grads.  We should be friends!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

Interesting -  she is shown on the NCL site for her first AK cruise to be May 4 - the Timetables site says Apr 27. She may still be getting remodeling work done but out of dry dock. Since NCL owns the pier in Seattle, they can berth her there and finish up for either one or two weeks. This first sailing will be going to Glacier Bay.

 

April 27 was the original inaugural cruise, but was cancelled to allow for a series of promotional cruises down to LA and back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if that is the case May4 will be the first AK cruise and the visit to GB. So how do they avoid the PVSA with a trip from Seattle to LA ? or because it is a private cruise, they are exempt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, www3traveler said:

She just came from extensive dry dock with staff and dry dock workers only.  She is supposed to be in Seattle for a couple of days getting everything done.  Then will sail to Vancouver, British Columbia for a special cruise to LA-- private cruise.  She will be back in Seattle on the 4th of May to begin Her 1st Alaskan season.

Thanks! It is strange seeing a cruise ship just sit there...

 

 

D9F388A2-7661-4FFE-8D72-B57B73A60A52.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

So if that is the case May4 will be the first AK cruise and the visit to GB. So how do they avoid the PVSA with a trip from Seattle to LA ? or because it is a private cruise, they are exempt?

The April 27 one?  She's apparently going to Vancouver from Seattle with crew only then from Vancouver to LA.  I'm on the Bliss and will cross paths, we set sail from LA on April 28, Joy is due in to LA on April 29 I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bonvoyagie said:

So if that is the case May4 will be the first AK cruise and the visit to GB. So how do they avoid the PVSA with a trip from Seattle to LA ? or because it is a private cruise, they are exempt?

They will sail to Vancouver, British Columbia probably on Thursday.  There is a "Invited Guest" cruise from Vancouver to LA on Friday.  Probably another back to arrive on Saturday the 4th.
'i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...