Question about Peloton on Celebrity Edge

Dr.H

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this. 

I am am already booked and paid on the Edge and am looking forward to it; please save the negative comments for someone else.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Dr.H said:

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this. 

I am am already booked and paid on the Edge and am looking forward to it; please save the negative comments for someone else.

Sorry, I do not know the cost, I will see if I can find out before I get off tomorrow.  Please ignore the previous posters comments.  The ship is absolutely beautiful and the food has been excellent.  I hope you will have as great a cruise as we did.

4 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Sorry, I do not know the cost, I will see if I can find out before I get off tomorrow.  Please ignore the previous posters comments.  The ship is absolutely beautiful and the food has been excellent.  I hope you will have as great a cruise as we did.

Thank you! It would be great to know if you are able to find out.

Happy you enjoyed yourself.

5 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I know that the bikes are free if you are in a suite; however, I do not know the cost or how to sign up.  Hopefully, someone who has done this will share...

All suites or just the top suites? If all suites, wish we would have known this a few days ago; my wife is training for an Ironman and wanted to sign up, but opted not too when informed of the $190 price tag. She did not mention we were  in a suite, though when a concierge at the Retreat Lounge asked us for feedback on the cruise, my wife mentioned the price being high for those bikes and the concierge made no mention of it being a suite perk. 

I called Celebrity and got the answer that individual session was 8 or 9$. But I don't think the guy new what I was talking about.

i think some are confused about spin bikes ce peloton because they have both. We have a peloton at home and have a subscription.

Edited by Dr.H

6 minutes ago, Gonzo70 said:

All suites or just the top suites? If all suites, wish we would have known this a few days ago; my wife is training for an Ironman and wanted to sign up, but opted not too when informed of the $190 price tag. She did not mention we were  in a suite, though when a concierge at the Retreat Lounge asked us for feedback on the cruise, my wife mentioned the price being high for those bikes and the concierge made no mention of it being a suite perk. 

According to this, only Royal Suites and up can ask for one and it looks like there are only 6 available.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/AMENITIES_GRID_sales_11x17.pdf

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gonzo70 said:

I was under the impression that it was all suites...however, knowing Celebrity, this too could have changed.  Sorry if I misled you, as that was not my intent.  I remember calling Celebrity and asking this question several months ago..

Thanks, VT, for sharing, as now I am disappointed too, along with my hubby, but I will ask in the gym because one never knows what the answer might be...do not think they will upgrade me to the RS...however, I remember that RS and above could ask for one in their suite, but that there were ones that suites could use in the gym for free and others had to pay...wow, I must have been in Never-Never land on this or maybe it was a dream...maybe I need to set policy for Celebrity...just a thought!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I was under the impression that it was all suites...however, knowing Celebrity, this too could have changed.  Sorry if I misled you, as that was not my intent.  I remember calling Celebrity and asking this question several months ago..

Thanks, VT, for sharing, as now I am disappointed too, along with my hubby, but I will ask in the gym because one never knows what the answer might be...do not think they will upgrade me to the RS...however, I remember that RS and above could ask for one in their suite, but that there were ones that suites could use in the gym for free and others had to pay...wow, I must have been in Never-Never land on this or maybe it was a dream...maybe I need to set policy for Celebrity...just a thought!

Who knows, they may have changed it since they put out the amenity grid above. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask - they may have an extra one!

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Who knows, they may have changed it since they put out the amenity grid above. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask - they may have an extra one!

And...what a shame if they have them and Gonzo's wife was not allowed to use one...so sad if those bikes were just sitting in storage...I will be on it when I get onboard!  No pun intended!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

I got off the Edge on 4/14 and used the Peloton bikes several times. If you have a current account on land it is free, you just need to reserve a time at the spa desk. I have an account and had no trouble reserving one. If desired you could make all of your reservations the first day. If no account you could purchase the unlimited classes package for $119 for any gym classes and the Peloton bikes are included (there are no group Peloton classes). Otherwise I was told the cost is $35 per 1hour session.

There are 5 bikes and a sign indicating 2 are reserved for suites. They typically only allowed 2-3 bikes to be used at the same time. Internet was great on the ship overall but streaming the classes was variable with the final 2 sea days quite challenging (Eastern route).

Hope this helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear vttraveler!   What I was talking about in the suite amenities grid is the 6 Peloton bikes available for complimentary use for suite guests in their suites (RS and above), not in the gym. Sorry for any confusion. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, vttraveler said:

I got off the Edge on 4/14 and used the Peloton bikes several times. If you have a current account on land it is free, you just need to reserve a time at the spa desk. I have an account and had no trouble reserving one. If desired you could make all of your reservations the first day. If no account you could purchase the unlimited classes package for $119 for any gym classes and the Peloton bikes are included (there are no group Peloton classes). Otherwise I was told the cost is $35 per 1hour session.

There are 5 bikes and a sign indicating 2 are reserved for suites. They typically only allowed 2-3 bikes to be used at the same time. Internet was great on the ship overall but streaming the classes was variable with the final 2 sea days quite challenging (Eastern route).

Hope this helps!

Exactly what I was hoping to hear; thank you!

Reading all the negative stuff before we boarded the Edge I was thinking we made a mistake by paying the Finale payment.   

The mistake would would have been canceling.

The  ship is fantastic.  We loved just about everything on it.   

Everyone is is entitled to their own opinion but most of the negative stuff is really way over exaggerated.    

Enjoy you cruise and don't pay any attention to the negative stuff.

Our only real complaint is the cost of booking another cruise on the Edge is too expensive for our budget.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, miched said:

Reading all the negative stuff before we boarded the Edge I was thinking we made a mistake by paying the Finale payment.   

The mistake would would have been canceling.

The  ship is fantastic.  We loved just about everything on it.   

Everyone is is entitled to their own opinion but most of the negative stuff is really way over exaggerated.    

Enjoy you cruise and don't pay any attention to the negative stuff.

Our only real complaint is the cost of booking another cruise on the Edge is too expensive for our budget.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Happy to see that the SV cabin I booked for next year is down from $2399PP to $1884 PP today (just got the notice) with 2 perks refundable. I will be rebooking and save some $$. 😀

Hope the prices are finally going down!!

Edited by vtcruising

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Happy to see that the SV cabin I booked for next year is down from $2399PP to $1884 PP today (just got the notice) with 2 perks refundable. I will be rebooking and save some $$. 😀

Hope the prices are finally going down!!

Lucky you...mine has not fallen yet, but I am on the lookout; I think because it is Europe and I have all four perks, it may not come down...however, one can always hope!

Edited by Lastdance

You really did great for your  EDGE SV..how long is that cruise?

We paid  $ 2799 pp ( $100 pp discount), includes 1 perk , for the 9 night ABC itin  in Nov.

Price did not go down,..all SVs  show booked  on X website for our sailing at this point, and  I noticed that AQ Class prices were through the roof!