Koningdam Lido Crush

mcrcruiser

3 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Be advised that when sailing this ship the Lido hours are short .Thus ,the crowds & table availability reminded us of how a Carnival ship 's lido looks at lunch time ;which is very crowded 

We try to go at non peak time.  I’ve been on the ship three times, over 40 days and managed.  I do wish it was open a bit longer though as we’ve walked by on the way to the pool and it was crazy.  

39 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

We try to go at non peak time.  I’ve been on the ship three times, over 40 days and managed.  I do wish it was open a bit longer though as we’ve walked by on the way to the pool and it was crazy.  

That being said they do a bang up job in the MDR  .Excellent service . The food not as good as we had in Dec 2018 on Eurodam 

4 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

That being said they do a bang up job in the MDR  .Excellent service . The food not as good as we had in Dec 2018 on Eurodam 

It’s funny how some people don’t like the MDR on the Kongingsdam.  I loved it.  Food is certainly subjective but I have found, on all the ships, it isn’t as good as before but...I’m still on a ship and not having to cook or clean!

• Like 3

Just off the Koningsdam a few weeks ago.  Our first "big" ship experience in quite a while.  We did MDR breakfast, if at all, Lido late lunch and mid time MDR dinner.  The only rushes we found were mid time (6:30 wish) dinner.  

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Be advised that when sailing this ship the Lido hours are short .Thus ,the crowds & table availability reminded us of how a Carnival ship 's lido looks at lunch time ;which is very crowded 

Total rubbish!

Just completed 24 days on b2b cruises on kdm and no problems in Lido. We ate every breakfat and most lunches and dinners there. Not a problem except for last night when all the mdr's were skipping the mdr!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Total rubbish!

Just completed 24 days on b2b cruises on kdm and no problems in Lido. We ate every breakfat and most lunches and dinners there. Not a problem except for last night when all the mdr's were skipping the mdr!

Funny how people do that (I assume to avoid tipping), especially with the hotel service charge now in place which is supposed to be your tipping for the cruise.  Of course, some people do tip extra, when service warrants it, but still.......

10 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Funny how people do that (I assume to avoid tipping), especially with the hotel service charge now in place which is supposed to be your tipping for the cruise.  Of course, some people do tip extra, when service warrants it, but still.......

For some it is convenient. Believe it or not some of us don’t cruise for the dining experience and the lido is just fine for many meals.    I always tip. 

We cruised on the Koningsdam in 2016 and never felt the Lido was overwhelmed with passengers. Our worst experience was the MSC Orchestra...when you have to wait to be seated in the buffet for breakfast AND lunch almost every day you soon realize how well the other lines manage passenger flows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

On our 2/13-24 K'dam cruise, we never ate in MDR. All but 7 meals were in Lido. DH does not care for what he calls the  "long drawn out dining service." It had nothing to do with trying to avoid tipping. Never had a problem finding a table in Lido - most times we even snagged a table by the windows. Other meals were from Dive-In, NY Deli, Grand Dutch, Pinnacle (dinner from TA and lunch) and Canaletto (from TA). He tolerated the Pinnacle and Canaletto fairly well, but I doubt if I can get him back there unless it's provided by a TA or HAL. (Sigh!) I, on the other hand, will dine at least once a cruise at Pinnacle for lunch - with or without his company.

I observed far more open seats on KONINGSDAM in the Lido at normal mealtimes than on most other ships.

Also more plentiful and available outdoor seating on both levels overlooking the midship pool which is where we ate most breakfasts and lunches.

We never had much trouble with lines or with seating.  Of course some days/times were busier than others.  If we found seating a bit full we’d just head out to the aft deck.  It’s just like parking at a grocery store, everyone seems to want the closest spot and if you are willing to walk a bit there is always a spot available.

• Like 2

Our experience dining in the Lido is very different, both with respect to the hours of operation and the extent to which it's crowded. We've enjoyed the Koningsdam's Lido for many meals, including dinners, and have yet to experience difficulty finding a table. Yes, you might have to take a quick walk around to find one during peak periods, but we've always had success and have never had to wait for a free table.    

We sailed the Koningsdam in March, granted we are early birds and we ate breakfast and lunch in the Lido, I never once wasn't without a table..........plenty of tables inside and outside.............as a matter of fact, it mirrored my experiences on the smaller ships................can't wait to sail the NS..........