First time transatlantic cruise.

TeamPlayrS

17 hours ago, TeamPlayrS said:

Does anyone know what high and low temperatures would be going from Lisbon to St Martin beginning November 2. Don’t know how I should pack

We did this comparable sailing last autumn although it was about three weeks later.  I needed a light cardigan/long sleeves during the day in Lisbon and a light jacket in the evening (high 50s/low 60s). Funchal two days later was in the mid-60s and I wore sleeveless dresses in the evening a night later.

The temperatures went up about 2 degrees a day until we reached Bridgetown where it was in the mid-80s.

We are booked on the Lisbon to St Maarten transatlantic cruise leaving on November 2, 2019 also but cannot find any roll call set up for that specific cruise, just the 2 that begin after on 11/16/19.  

Just wondering if any of you have noticed this. I am aware of not many roll calls being started by Seabourn cruisers but this one is coming up in a little over 6 months.   This is our 3rd  Seabourn cruise and love Lisbon so going back.

Any info would be appreciated.

Kathy

Edited by luv2cruise51
spelling

I think there are several  reasons the roll calls are sparse for Seabourn.  First, it is a little difficult to find them.  Second, the ships are small--not as many passengers as on other cruise lines.  Third, just a small percentage of SB passengers come to Cruise Critic and an even smaller number post here.  

Yes, you are right, SLSD, I remember how it was back in December of 2010 when we took our first cruise on Seabourn to the Caribbean. That roll call had many people on it and it was great to meet people then. 

With, what, 5 ships now -- I was hoping it might pick up.  Oh, well, we will still enjoy this cruise no matter what.

Thank you for responding.

Kathy

Thank you Jenidallas.

So it sounds like the weather will start in the mid 60’s at the beginning of the cruise and end up in the mid 80’s toward the end.

And we won’t know what cabin we’re going to get until a week before the cruise.  

The reservation says Seabourn will assign the cabin.  Does anyone know what they will likely assign us?

Reservation guarantee is a Veranda.  Not sure if we’ll get 502-507 which have a smaller Verandas.

Any info would be appreciated.

Skip~n~Sue

5 hours ago, SLSD said:

luv2cruise51, Have you considered starting a roll call for your specific voyage?  

Yep, I have.  Was just kinda waiting to see if anyone else got out there first.  Usually, one was already started by 6 months out like the one we did in December 2016 TA.

Soooo, I'm sitting here considering it . . . .