Internet diamond discount

mar915

So I have read in the past it is better to wait till day 2 and use the diamond discount then buying ahead of time. But the price is 9.99 surf and 11.99 surf and stream. This seems like a good price so I question to get it now or wait for discount. Usually we just use ge free day since we have 4 diamond members. This year my son is taking an online philosophy class so I want to get him access from day 2 on. Also I read surf and stream is quicker than just surf. I don't know If he will have videos to watch for class. Any suggestions?

One person can use that one person's discount.  You can't use two people's discounts on one purchase.

Your benefit is a choice.  One free 24 hour period OR $23 off a package.  Each of the four of you can use your benefit as you wish.

The free 24 hours is enough for a day of surf. A day of stream is 29.99, so that would cost $7 for your free day

The “speed” would depend on the ship. The stream package on Oasis class is fast enough to stream Netflix or other stuff

I am currently on Grandeur. My one day of surf on this ship was horribly slow. Day 3 we used another D discount to get stream for the rest of the cruise. It is okay early morning on this ship, but during the day, it can get slow.

If it is down to 11.99, that is probably a good price to buy pre-cruise

Past Reviews post 184

5 hours ago, mar915 said:

But the price is 9.99 surf and 11.99 surf and stream.  Any suggestions?

The break even point depends on length of sailing and pre-cruise discount. The comparable prices on board are $16 and $20. So for Surf the break even is 7 days or more (3 free days + $23 discount on the remaining days package). This assumes all 4 of you share a one device package - the math is different if you want more devices.

So i think my son would use one free day, then buy the package on day 3 so that would be 20% off that?  Math is so hard today. 😁

I would keep the other 3 free days for my other three rest of us. I don't want my 16 year old to keep trying to go on his brothers when he is working

Also the free 24 hours, is that only surf or surf and stream?

Just now, mar915 said:

So i think my son would use one free day, then buy the package on day 3 so that would be 20% off that? 

Also the free 24 hours, is that only surf or surf and stream?

The D discount is a fixed $23 (except Oasis) off not 20%.

The $23 discount buys you Surf (Stream is $28).

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The free 24 hours is enough for a day of surf. A day of stream is 29.99, so that would cost $7 for your free day

The “speed” would depend on the ship. The stream package on Oasis class is fast enough to stream Netflix or other stuff

I am currently on Grandeur. My one day of surf on this ship was horribly slow. Day 3 we used another D discount to get stream for the rest of the cruise. It is okay early morning on this ship, but during the day, it can get slow.

If it is down to 11.99, that is probably a good price to buy pre-cruise

Past Reviews post 184

Thanks I think I may do that. The difference is about 6 dollars total so then I can make sure it is good for online class in case their are videos, it's a philosophy class son  isn't intense.