W Barcelona, any Experiences?

JP82

Departing on Oasis on Sunday 8th September. And planning on flying in early to Barcelona on Saturday. So will need somewhere to stay overnight.

On first inspection this hotel looks suitably fabulous. And when I stayed at the W Bangkok I certainly found the same.

Has anyone here stayed or visited this hotel?

We visited couple of years ago. Very nice high end hotel on the city beach. Area is lively at night. The only minus lack of public transportation, closest metro is about 20 min walk. Walk to Plaza Catalonia and Rambla may be 35-40 min. 

On 4/25/2019 at 4:59 PM, little britain said:

Beautiful hotel, but it is on the nudist beach.....

Well that could make for some interesting conversation. Although don't think I will partake.

11 minutes ago, JP82 said:

Well that could make for some interesting conversation. Although don't think I will partake.

Lol... we walked to the hotel along the beach.. and there was an elderly gentleman “hanging out” right by the walkway.....😬👀

Beautiful Hotel but a fair distance from cafes etc.  If you are looking in that price range I’d go for 1898.

30 minutes ago, little britain said:

Lol... we walked to the hotel along the beach.. and there was an elderly gentleman “hanging out” right by the walkway.....😬👀

Beautiful Hotel but a fair distance from cafes etc.  If you are looking in that price range I’d go for 1898.

Okay, I will take a look, but the secret is, that one of my best friends works for Marriott/Starwood, so I am taking advantage of her Friends & Family Rate. Since they combined they are stupidly big though, so I will see what other hotels in the city fall under their umbrella.

23 minutes ago, JP82 said:

Okay, I will take a look, but the secret is, that one of my best friends works for Marriott/Starwood, so I am taking advantage of her Friends & Family Rate. Since they combined they are stupidly big though, so I will see what other hotels in the city fall under their umbrella.

We stayed at Le meridian which is right across the the 

street from 1898. Great location.  

The Cotton House looks incredible!

Gotta love f&f rates! 

See you on board.