Who has never been on Oasis or Quantum class?

We haven't been yet and don't intend to any time soon. The crowding doesn't bother me because from what I've heard, and as others have mentioned, the ship is big enough where crowding doesn't seem to be an issue. We won't cruise on them for a couple of reasons. One, so far every time I have tried to price a cruise, Oasis class and Quantum class have always been significantly higher priced than other ships doing the same itinerary. Second, it's my understanding that you have to have reservations for every show you want to go to. I don't want that. I want to go when I want to go. We never know how our days and nights are going to play out. Sometimes we feel like going, sometimes we don't. If all of sudden we decide we want to go to a show, we go. I don't want to be turned away because we didn't reserve a spot ahead of time.

• Like 3

We tried Oasis once in 2014, it was OK but did not feel like we were on a cruise ship and we've never rushed to go back. We are trying Ouantum for the first time next Feb. Our favourite ships are Radiance class, the smaller ships just seem more friendly.

We have sailed on every Royal Caribbean class except Quantum.      Each class has something different to offer. There are those that once they sail on oasis class would never go back to anything smaller.   We don’t mind and go back-and-forth on all different classes of ships. We’ve gone from sailing on oasis class, then the very next cruise was on majesty. (No problem for us) 

I really didn’t want to take an oasis class when it first came out and waited until I took Allure  2011. 

There are times when it feels crowded, but EVERY ship feels crowded right after muster, and on the first sea day. 

We really don’t mind making reservations for the shows. Often we decide not to bother with the reservation we have, and that gives someone in the waiting line and opportunity for a seat. And then other times we decide to catch a show.  We’ve never been turned away. 

Just sailed symphony last month. It was a magnificent ship, with unbelievable entertainment and a huge variety of restaurants. 

M

• Like 1

I'm stuck at Freedom Class. Indy at least on paper is the go to for my needs. That being said. There could be a an Anthem class in the near future and an Oasis class (even trans Atlantic) as soon as we get our kids off to school. I've done only about 20 cruises. Many on older boats then slowly working my way up through the RCCL ships. I was worried that bigger might mean crowded or less "Hands on attention". Not so... I have found what dictates  feeling a notch above is dictated by the duration of a cruise. The weekend quickies seem to draw more John Q Public than the longer ones that draw a more "refined" group. 

1 hour ago, MrCruzdoggie said:

We feel the size and the amount of people is just too much. We have been on all other ships though.

We've been on Radiance, Navigator, Liberty, Quantum, and Oasis class ships...in some cases, multiple times.

We actually enjoy the Oasis class - they have the most onboard activities to offer overall, while actually feeling less crowded than small ships because of the sheer volume/deck space of these vessels. The all have good things to offer.

I have never sailed on Quantum class as they always base the one and only Quantum class ship that sails out of the US in New York.  Don't feel a need to fly to a cruise that will take me to the Caribbean, when I can drive to Port Canaveral in a couple of hours.  However I would love to try a Quantum class if one would sail out of Florida.

In regards to the Oasis class, I don't feel they are too large as the neighborhood idea has worked out well.  The only complaint I have is the lack of views of the sea from inside public venues.

I like the Freedom Class and love the Brilliance.  Not a big fan of Voyager class (but not due to size)

We've never been on either class. We've actually never been on any RCI class, since I just booked our first cruise on RCI last week. I'm lurking around here to see what's the same and what's different from other lines we have cruised on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrCruzdoggie said:

We feel the size and the amount of people is just too much. We have been on all other ships though.

I just returned from a trip on Anthem. There were times when crowds were noticeable, mostly when major shows let out but for the most part it felt no more crowded than any other ship. Wait times in lines were manageable, including at bars. I had been stationed on an aircraft carrier when I was in the Navy and Anthem is bigger than that carrier and carries about the same number of people. The price was right and we gave it a shot. Very glad that we did.

• Like 1

Our first Quantum class cruise will be on Ovation this August, and our first Oasis class on Symphony next January.  We're going on Ovation mostly for the ship, as we've been to Alaska several times, but that said we'll always love Alaska and will look forward to going ashore.  Our Symphony cruise is frankly just for the ship experience.  I don't really like the Caribbean, but we will still go ashore at least in some ports.  And this will also be our first time at  Coco Cay.  We've been on Vision, several Radiance class cruises, Voyager class, and several Freedom class trips.

Pat

My DW and I have been on the Freedom of the Seas twice (our first two cruises ever), then the Allure of the Seas, the Independence of the Seas (a 4 day Thanksgiving cruise), and the Harmony of the Seas.
We loved the Freedom. We thought that the Freedom would be the biggest, but we wanted to try the Allure. We feel in love with the Oasis class ships. We have a cruise on the Oasis booked for April, 2020.

I understand that a lot of people think that the size is a big turn off or that the itineraries are lacking. the Oasis class ships are limited on the ports that they can visit, but as someone earlier said, the ship is the destination.

Remember there are about 6300 passengers on an Oasis class ship, making reservations for the shows are a must. My wife and I never fly but the seat of our pants. We always plan what we are going to do starting about a year before the cruise. In fact next Sunday will be a year till our 2020 cruise, so we will start some planning and preliminary list making.

• Like 1