Cozumel dive shop that accommodates cruise ship divers

hafpint

I just returned from my cruise and was in Cozumel from 10am-6pm. There were very few dive shops that  would get me back in time for the 530pm boarding. 

MAPLE LEAF SCUBA  (Glenda is the owner) was very accomodating and delayed their morning dive until 1030am for me. Great dive shop and professional personal service is amazing. Highly recommend Maple Leaf Scuba when in the port of Cozumel.

There was 1 Divemaster for 3 experienced divers and 1 Dive master for 3 beginner divers. So 6 divers on the boat and 2 DM's. 

They definately would be great for beginner divers. They choose dive sites based on diver level and water conditions. 

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the info.

Maple Leaf Scuba website says it's $90 for 2 tank boat dive, costs almost as much as the ship's excursion prices, so not much savings to offset the convenience of booking with cruise ship...

Anyone has good recommendations for any other dive operators in Cozumel which offers significant savings vs cruise ship's?  otherwise, we'll just book thru the ship.

Thanks,

On 12/3/2019 at 2:39 PM, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks for the info.

Maple Leaf Scuba website says it's $90 for 2 tank boat dive, costs almost as much as the ship's excursion prices, so not much savings to offset the convenience of booking with cruise ship...

Anyone has good recommendations for any other dive operators in Cozumel which offers significant savings vs cruise ship's?  otherwise, we'll just book thru the ship.

Thanks,

Unfortunately, you aren't going to find much cheaper than that in Cozumel.  Gas is expensive, plus most diving is done early in morning there due to distance to reefs, so boats are usually out at 8am-ish and back at noon-ish.  Ships arrive after that, so unless you have enough divers to reserve a boat you aren't going to go out with most dive ops there.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 7:54 AM, compozer said:
  • I don't think scuba diving is an excursion that you should look for the cheapest.   

Not looking for cheapest, just cheaper than the cruise ship's dive excursion.

If not, then we just dive with the cruise ship & don't have to be monitoring this forum...

Hubby dives and despises going thru the cruiseship. Most people thru the cruiseships are beginners so therefore they don't dive as deep as the experienced divers prefer and it's usually crowded. For a few dollars more you can certainly have a much better dive and be less crowded.

• 1 year later...