Specialty Restaurants Only Available On Board- Does this Sound Correct?

My family and I are on the Symphony of the Seas departing July 27, so we are under 100 days from sailing.  Typically, i can book specialty restaurants around 6 months before boarding.  For our upcoming cruise there still is no specialty restaurants available to reserve in the cruise planner.  You can only reserve the dinning packages.  I called Royal and got the typical confusing answer.  I was told that for some sailings you can't book specialty restaurants through the planner before you board, it can only be done once you are on the ship. I even had him confirm this with his manager (who knows if he really did).   I've never experienced this so just wondering if anyone can confirm this to be true.  

5 minutes ago, LauraLL said:

I've never experienced this so just wondering if anyone can confirm this to be true.  

I kinda doubt that specialty venues will never be available but it could very well be that availability will only show closer to sailing. Also check with others in the Roll Call thread for your sailing that it is affecting everyone, not just you.

I called Royal again.  This agent said there is definitely something wrong with that sailing.  Specialty dinning reservations not available for anyone.  They are supposedly looking into it.