Room dilemma - RC LOTS 6650 or 7668

Ed.Fitz

Hello,

I have only gone on one cruise and it has been several years ago and I’m still inexperienced with cruising. We are going to book one on Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas with our two children. The options are as follows:

#6650 – Balcony Cabin on deck 6 above the Royal R Pub on deck 5.

• Or

#7668 – Balcony Cabin on deck 7 with balcony cabins above us and below us.

I’ve read the beginner’s guide here that warns of noise issues, but I was not able to determine which of these two options would be the most desirable. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions on which room would be better!

Looking at the deck plans cabin 6650 is just aft of the mens room on deck 5 so I don't think you would get much noise coming up from the R Bar. You'll actually be closer to the entrance to the main dinning room on deck 5 then you will the R Bar. On the deck plans Look at the location of the cabin in relation to the stairs then look at that same position on deck 5.

The blue box is the approximate location of cabin 6650 in relation to deck 5.

blob.png.965081f73d4f815a11501db7347494d3.png

Cabin 7668 is a little further back from the stairs and elevator then 6650 is. If it were me and I had to make a choice between only those two cabins, personally I would go with 7668.

Jim.

Edited by SciFiGuy1960
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SciFiGuy1960 said:

Looking at the deck plans cabin 6650 is just aft of the mens room on deck 5 so I don't think you would get much noise coming up from the R Bar. You'll actually be closer to the entrance to the main dinning room on deck 5 then you will the R Bar. On the deck plans Look at the location of the cabin in relation to the stairs then look at that same position on deck 5.

The blue box is the approximate location of cabin 6650 in relation to deck 5.

blob.png.965081f73d4f815a11501db7347494d3.png

Cabin 7668 is a little further back from the stairs and elevator then 6650 is. If it were me and I had to make a choice between only those two cabins, personally I would go with 7668.

Jim.

Jim,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your detailed response. I appreciate it, immensely! Right now, those are the two best options that the reservations person has offered to us. If the location of those two rooms are not very ideal, I am open to alternatives.

I was considering a Promenade Stateroom if the feedback I got on cruisecritic was not very positive about my current options. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know. I welcome feedback from a seasoned cruiser! Thx again!

Most folks prefer being sandwiched between cabin decks.  We try to pick a deck closest to where we will spend out daytime hours....and that's the pool deck, for us.  Being able to go 1 or 2 flights on stairs is preferable to needing to wait on elevators.  You will do most of your "back and forth" to the cabin during the day.

• Like 1

Selecting a cabin deck level that has other cabins above and below has usually been my choice of action.  I've been on a few last minute cruises when I couldn't follow this, and there is usually one night or early morning noise experience that I had to deal with as a result.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ed.Fitz said:

I was considering a Promenade Stateroom if the feedback I got on cruisecritic was not very positive about my current options.

If you are unlikely to spend a lot of time on your balcony a promenade stateroom can be a very good option. You still get a window but they usually cost a good deal less than balcony cabins and you can use the money you save for other things like drinks and excursions.

I have not been on LOTS but have sailed in PR cabins on Navigator and Adventure, with another one booked for this coming November, and find them to be perfectly adequate. The only issue we had was that, on Navigator, we were opposite the pub and could hear the live music till quite late.

• Like 1

The only thing I would question is how far above the water do you want to be?  If you want to be lower/closer to the water, go with Deck Six.  If you want to be higher, farther from the water, go with Deck Seven.  

I personally like to be closer to the elevator (I have a bad knee, and limiting my walking helps keep the pain down so I can enjoy the cruise).  Other people like the extra exercise to walk off the meals, so they choose to be farther from the elevator. 

• Like 1