3! Random Questions - Deluxe Drink Package/Suitcases

resjes

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

Keep in mind that if you don't like the wine that is available included in the booze package, you'll have to pay the difference to upgrade every glass.  (If you're a snob about water, I imagine you're picky about your wine, too.) 

What do you mean pay difference to upgrade? I thought the deluxe package had unlimited alcohol (of alc that was listed in the description).so you are saying they have more options not on the list and they cost more?

3 minutes ago, resjes said:

I thought the deluxe package had unlimited alcohol (of alc that was listed in the description).so you are saying they have more options not on the list and they cost more?

There are probably several wines (and other alcoholic drinks) which are above the drink package limit of $12/13 - you would pay the diff+grats for those.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:29 AM, queenfrostine22 said:

the water can be "spring" water from an unheard of spring somewhere or "purified" ship bottled water.

Your first statement is correct however it will not be purified ship bottled water.

The Deluxe Beverage package includes bottled water (still and sparkling).  Why not wait til you are onboard to see if you can request Evian?  If not, it may be a brand that you are happy to drink.  You can always buy any drinks package once you are onboard, even midway through your cruise if you like.  They have "welcome desks" on embarkation selling as many dining/drinks packages as possible.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:07 PM, resjes said:

i need the water package because RCI told me on the phone they can't guarantee where the water bottles come from 😞 at least with the package I'm guaranteed to have the water I want. (I am a water b**ch and have stomach issues)

You can request Pellegrino and Perrier.  I always do specify or they give you the cheapest.  The only time you may have an issue is at the pool bar. 

Edited by whatyouknowsays

16 hours ago, resjes said:

What do you mean pay difference to upgrade? I thought the deluxe package had unlimited alcohol (of alc that was listed in the description).so you are saying they have more options not on the list and they cost more?

Yes, the deluxe package includes alcoholic drinks up to $12-$13.  If you want something that costs more than that, you have to pay the difference, plus the 18% service charge.  If you don't like the $13/glass wine and instead want wine that costs $18/glass, you'll pay $5 plus 18% for each glass you order. 

On 4/23/2019 at 9:26 AM, resjes said:

Thank you for the info. I was going to check on the price I paid for water and the wine. In regards to the unlimited bottle of water, do you know what brand it is? I ordered Evian, I am VERY picky about the water I drink. I don't want like a Sam's Club bottled water, you know what I mean?

Also, I keep reading about the "naughty" room. Are these like private rooms or is everyone standing around awkwardly LOL?

So, the water we’ve gotten with the bev package has never been “generic”.  However, if you need something specific like Evian, maybe you are best forgoing the drink pkg.  you can also bring 2 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of soda or water onboard.

FYI - As far as the carry-on luggage - wheels or not doesn't matter, but size does. It doesn't have to be as small as many airlines are requiring now, but it does need to fit through an airline type screener. A large suitcase has to be checked for embarking.

You are allowed to walk off with a large suitcase as long as you can manage it and the rest of your belongings on your own. They always say stairs may be involved. Personally we check our large suitcases for debarkation as well as embarkation.

@resjes We just got off a cruise on Celebrity.  The packages are different but one thing will be the same and so far no one has mentioned it here:  if you don't want ship's water with your meals, and if you don't want to carry bottled water with you into every dining room, you will want whatever drink package gives you the type of bottled water you want them to serve you.  We found on our cruise that different bars and restaurants had 3 different sizes of Evian.  We took a number back to our cabin to drink in the evening and in the theater so we didn't have to order anything.