Rendezvous Caye was fantastic!

ABQrobin

Just back from the Vista, had the snorkel tour to Rendezvous Caye.  It was really a great excursion.  Did not hear a single complaint.  I am working on a video and lots of photos and will post this week.

10 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

Just back from the Vista, had the snorkel tour to Rendezvous Caye.  It was really a great excursion.  Did not hear a single complaint.  I am working on a video and lots of photos and will post this week.

What company did you use?  Looking forward to hearing more.  🙂 

Okay, finally got the video done, and most of the photos.

The excursion is thru the ship.  We were on Carnival Vista but when we left another group arrived from another ship, can't recall the name.  It is a 4 hour excursion, including the 35-40 minutes each way on boat, so about 2 1/2 hours on island.  You spend half time snorkeling (if you want) with a group, beginners or advanced, then the rest of time is lunch or relaxing on beach.  It is a small island but didn't feel crowded to us.  Just right.  

Feel free to ask any questions...  we would do it again, yes, or might try a different island next time.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ariel1985 said:

Great video! Looks like a healthy, thriving reef. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!  It was pretty good.  Roatan was probably much better, but we didn't get to dock there due to high winds this time.  

The best part is that it was a nice shallow reef, so you could see everything from surface.  

• Like 1

We did this excursion in March! We loved it, only wish the sun would have been shining.  The place was beautiful and i couldn't imagine what it would look like when the weather is nice.  

We just booked the exact cruise we just did for February, but as of yet they do not have this excursion listed to be able to reserve yet.  We are definitely doing this if they do post it again.  

On 4/26/2019 at 4:34 PM, ABQrobin said:

Feel free to ask any questions...  we would do it again, yes, or might try a different island next time.  

What kind of food/drinks were offered and what were the prices like?? 

2 hours ago, HLNFan said:

What kind of food/drinks were offered and what were the prices like?? 

This was a Carnival excursion and lunch was included - chicken, rice, salad, and rum punch.  Kids got fruit punch.

There was also beer and snacks for sale.

DSCF1361-L.jpg

DSCF1360-XL.jpg

LOL, when I seen your name come up for Rendezvous, I immediately thought you went diving there and scrolled down the video. But I see you did the tour there with the snorkel excursion. Isn't it amazing there? I think it was one of the clearest waters I have seen in the area while cruising (including Goffs Caye as well). We loved it there! Enjoyed the video. It brought back good memories of our day there. 

8 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

LOL, when I seen your name come up for Rendezvous, I immediately thought you went diving there and scrolled down the video. But I see you did the tour there with the snorkel excursion. Isn't it amazing there? I think it was one of the clearest waters I have seen in the area while cruising (including Goffs Caye as well). We loved it there! Enjoyed the video. It brought back good memories of our day there. 

Hey Kim, thanks!  I found your latest review last night, can't wait to hear about all your activities and diving!

robin

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great info here! I am considering this excursion & actually posted a thread asking about it yesterday... hoping to find out more about it... so far...nada. But thru YouTube, I found out that the excursion does in fact go to Rendezvous Caye,  I then found YOUR post!! YAY!!! Love your video!!! I do have a few questions....

Are there rest rooms on the catamaran? 

Are there rest rooms on the island? 

Are the thatch covered structures first come, first served? Can they be reserved? 

Do you HAVE to snorkel in a group? Can you just snorkel at your leisure? 

Thanks again for all your information you shared! 

1 hour ago, SRV FAN said:

Thanks for all the great info here! I am considering this excursion & actually posted a thread asking about it yesterday... hoping to find out more about it... so far...nada. But thru YouTube, I found out that the excursion does in fact go to Rendezvous Caye,  I then found YOUR post!! YAY!!! Love your video!!! I do have a few questions....

Are there rest rooms on the catamaran? 

Are there rest rooms on the island? 

Are the thatch covered structures first come, first served? Can they be reserved? 

Do you HAVE to snorkel in a group? Can you just snorkel at your leisure? 

Thanks again for all your information you shared! 

Restrooms on catamaran.... not sure, possibly downstairs.  The catamaran is big, 2 levels, we sat on top on way out.

Restrooms on island.... yes, very primative though as you are on a little island out in ocean.

The thatch structures are for sharing, not reservable.  Just a place to drop your bags while you go snorkel, then sit in shade while you eat.  Each one is big enough for about 15+ people.  

Snorkeling.. they have 2 groups led by guides, a beginner and advanced.  The beginner group has several extra guides and helpers in kayaks to pick up anyone who needs to be brought back to shore.  Advanced group goes out farther to a wall, and stays out longer than beginners.  After the groups are done, they tell you that you can snorkel on your own, but at your own risk as they are done.  So if you do that (a few people did), then the lunch you have to take back with you in togo container as everyone else was eating.  You are only on island about 2 hrs 15 min or so, rest is travel time.  

29 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

Restrooms on catamaran.... not sure, possibly downstairs.  The catamaran is big, 2 levels, we sat on top on way out.

Restrooms on island.... yes, very primative though as you are on a little island out in ocean.

The thatch structures are for sharing, not reservable.  Just a place to drop your bags while you go snorkel, then sit in shade while you eat.  Each one is big enough for about 15+ people.  

Snorkeling.. they have 2 groups led by guides, a beginner and advanced.  The beginner group has several extra guides and helpers in kayaks to pick up anyone who needs to be brought back to shore.  Advanced group goes out farther to a wall, and stays out longer than beginners.  After the groups are done, they tell you that you can snorkel on your own, but at your own risk as they are done.  So if you do that (a few people did), then the lunch you have to take back with you in togo container as everyone else was eating.  You are only on island about 2 hrs 15 min or so, rest is travel time.  

YAY!!!! Just what I wanted to hear! THANKS SO MUCH for all your help! 

1 hour ago, SRV FAN said:

YAY!!!! Just what I wanted to hear! THANKS SO MUCH for all your help! 

I just wanted to add, if you want a complete review of how our day went as well, you can click my link in my signature line below and go to the review. It's has TONS of pictures. It will give you an idea of how our day went. WE LOVE THIS PLACE!

***edit***just to add...we were on Carnival Magic and we did not get lunch or food. (It was not included for some reason). They had a small stand set up that you could buy cookies and chips and drinks.

Edited by mitsugirly

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

I just wanted to add, if you want a complete review of how our day went as well, you can click my link in my signature line below and go to the review. It's has TONS of pictures. It will give you an idea of how our day went. WE LOVE THIS PLACE!

***edit***just to add...we were on Carnival Magic and we did not get lunch or food. (It was not included for some reason). They had a small stand set up that you could buy cookies and chips and drinks.

Yeah, the included lunch is new.  Our guide for day told us that people wanted it and he thinks it has worked out well with lunch.  So I am guessing they will do it with all ships excursions now.

Edited by ABQrobin

5 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

Yeah, the included lunch is new.  Our guide for day told us that people wanted it and he thinks it has worked out well with lunch.  So I am guessing they will do it with all ships excursions now.

That's awesome. I found it hard to believe they didn't offer something when we went but figured it was a remote island and that was probably why.

On 6/5/2019 at 3:34 PM, mitsugirly said:

That's awesome. I found it hard to believe they didn't offer something when we went but figured it was a remote island and that was probably why.

Also.... Carnival is now offering Discover Scuba at Rendezvous Caye, don't know if other cruise lines are also.  I bet you would love that.

8 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

Also.... Carnival is now offering Discover Scuba at Rendezvous Caye, don't know if other cruise lines are also.  I bet you would love that.

Oh I would definitely love that. We will be on NCL this time and I will check it out. I'm not sure if the excursions will be the same as before because we've always went to Belize City and this time we will be docking at their new place at Harvest Caye.