How early can you go to MDR on your last day?

jp2746

Because of the Max 8 issues, our flights were changed and we are leaving out of FLL at 10:15 in the morning.   I am a little concerned about that flight time, but I think if we are self-assist and are in line by 7:00 it should be okay.

My question is, what breakfast options do we have that early?  Can we go to the MDR at 6:00?  Will they be open?  We always have later flights so we can enjoy a slow breakfast, but since our flights were changed I know we can't do that.  What venues are open by 5:30 or 6:00 on the Allure?

23 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Breakfast is open very early on departure day.  Unfortunately, I don't have any recent departure letters from Allure.

From a recent Compass/Departure Letter scan for Allure (March 2019):

• 5:30-8:00 Windjammer
  • 6:30-8:30 Park Cafe
  • 6:00-9:30 Cafe Promenade
  • 6:30-8:30 Solarium Bistro
  • 6:30-8:00 American Icon (MDR)
  • 6:30-9:00 The Grande (The Key only)
Edited by markbach
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, markbach said:

From a recent Compass/Departure Letter scan for Allure (March 2019):

• 5:30-8:00 Windjammer
  • 6:30-8:30 Park Cafe
  • 6:00-9:30 Cafe Promenade
  • 6:30-8:30 Solarium Bistro
  • 6:30-8:00 American Icon (MDR)
  • 6:30-9:00 The Grande (The Key only)

Thanks for this.  I'm surprised that the MDR is not open earlier.

17 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I am not.... it usually opens WAY too late and is WAY too slow... 🙄

I agree with the slow part.  I would not do the MDR if I was pressed for time on disembarkation day.

• Like 1

Thanks.  It looks like that morning will be our one and only visit to the Windjammer during our cruise. Not the best food but at least we are not paying $10 for an egg sandwich in the airport.

If I had to be off that early, I would go to the Windjammer.  It's open earlier and you can eat a lot faster.  On the second to last day, you should get a flyer with all the debarkation information, including the restaurant hours.

Edited by CruisinCrow

On 4/23/2019 at 8:16 PM, jp2746 said:

Because of the Max 8 issues, our flights were changed and we are leaving out of FLL at 10:15 in the morning.   I am a little concerned about that flight time, but I think if we are self-assist and are in line by 7:00 it should be okay.

In cases similar to this, the airline usually allow you to change the flight time (within the same day of original flight) without penalty.  You might want to check with your airline about this.

I have an upcoming flight, and the airline changed the departure time by FOUR minutes.  They emailed me and said that I could keep the booked flight, or change to any other flight on that day without charging me a fee.  But this was an Airbus, and had nothing to do with the Max 8 issue.

I would not be in the MDR if I had to be off the ship early. Debarkation Day MDR service is typically slow. And there is usually no buffet. If debarking early, I'd go to the Windjammer for a quick bite and coffee - and then be on my way. If lining up to be among the first to debark, you could probably get a coffee at the Cafe Promenade. My experience on most ships is that the Cafe usually has coffee out and ready by 5 am.

If you're looking to get onto a later flight, give the airline a call. Airlines are usually quite flexible with changes in the event of any involuntary flight itinerary change. 

On 4/23/2019 at 4:27 PM, jp2746 said:

Thanks.  It looks like that morning will be our one and only visit to the Windjammer during our cruise. Not the best food but at least we are not paying $10 for an egg sandwich in the airport.

Breakfast at WJ is fine, better than the airport. I bring my own teabags though, I don't like the Tazo.