Seattle Pier 91 to Sea-Tac airport

DaveOKC

I arrived at Pier  91 on the Ruby Princess after a 1 night cruise from Vancouver. I wanted to buy an airport transfer on board, and checked with my travel agent, who checked with Princess. Yes, they said. You can buy a transfer on board.

Nope. No can do, said the customer service desk on board. 

I was resigned to having to take a cab, which would be very expensive for a single passenger such as myself. Luckily, after exiting customs, there was a small booth manned by a Princess shore representative that said "Airport transfer? Ask me."

I paid the 29 USD by credit card as they would not take cash. 

I just wish I had known this sooner. I am also pleased to know about the flat rate taxi for future reference.

Good information lolo11.  If the Alreadythere service is good from the airport to hotel I may reserve them again for the trip from the pier to the airport.  If not, I'll book the coach from HAL either on board or after departing the ship.  Alreadythere might have a little more flexibility in when depart from the ship.  Our flight is not until 11:30 so not in a big rush.  

Just off the Solstice. Regrettably we were informed that the Port Valet service won't be available for our sailing. Instead of going to Pike Place Market, we decided to head to SeaTac (currently sitting in front of Alasaka Airlines).

Outside Pier 91, we decided to use UBER. There is a white shuttle (free) that took us approximately 5 minutes to a designated area for Uber/Lyft. Most of our drivers showed up within minutes...our Uber cost was $41.

Note: Pier 91 was organized with lots of friendly people helping us.

We were unable to confirm if there was a flat-rate for the taxis.  Other passengers we spoke to at the airport said taxis were metered and all cost over $60...mainly due to traffic.

Happy Sailing to everyone!

So,  are there flat rate fares FROM the airport TO the Pier and how much for 2019?  And, I'm assuming Pier 66 would be the same or slightly less?  Trying to decide between cab all the way or light rail to Westlake and cab from there.

Edited by Alatraveler1

1 hour ago, Alatraveler1 said:

So,  are there flat rate fares FROM the airport TO the Pier and how much for 2019?  And, I'm assuming Pier 66 would be the same or slightly less?  Trying to decide between cab all the way or light rail to Westlake and cab from there.

Sorry, no.  The flat rate fee of $47 is from Pier 91 to SeaTac airport.  I think they can guarantee this rate because driving south to the  airport early mornings is easy from a traffic congestion perceptive.  The taxi drivers don't 'lose' any money sitting in traffic.

The rates FROM SeaTac to Pier 91 are METERED, again due to traffic congestion.

Re taking light rail from SeaTac to Westlake Center v a cab ride, unless you have more time than money, or prefer to experience  public transportation in different locales, I would opt for whatever transportation that take you directly to Pier 91.  It is just easier, especially after a flight.  (Taxi, Uber, Lyft, Shuttle Van, etc.)

I can not speak for Pier 66.

Thank you Ferry-Watcher. The flat rate taxi fare certainly looks to be the best option, but with two other large ships in Port on the Saturday we arrive, we're sure the queue for the taxi's will be immense. We think we will stay with our Alreadythere town car booking.  The folks who arrive on a Monday will only have their ship in Port. 

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

Please excuse this silly question.... I see on the taxi sign they take major

credit cards, is that the only form of payment.  Do they take cash? Gosh it

sounds even more stupid when I say it.....🙃 Have never been to Seattle

before.

1 hour ago, kelbell said:

Please excuse this silly question.... I see on the taxi sign they take major

credit cards, is that the only form of payment.  Do they take cash? Gosh it

sounds even more stupid when I say it.....🙃 Have never been to Seattle

before.

I would think they'd take cash. Every cab I've been in lately takes both cash and credit.

2 hours ago, Penzance said:

Thank you Ferry-Watcher. The flat rate taxi fare certainly looks to be the best option, but with two other large ships in Port on the Saturday we arrive, we're sure the queue for the taxi's will be immense. We think we will stay with our Alreadythere town car booking.  The folks who arrive on a Monday will only have their ship in Port. 

Thanks again for your help.

We are on the same cruise as you are. It's all going to be good. Here a bunch of pictures on Pier 91 in Seattle. https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=1%2FVIOA1C&id=3E3A02B3C9634F5E787776C7BBAD87D51DA5A34E&thid=OIP.1_VIOA1CQMQoJ31xziVfuwHaEl&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.portseattle.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Fdetailpageimagesize%2Fpublic%2F2018-03%2FCruise_160812_135_2.jpg%3Fitok%3D2xBr0_lT&exph=495&expw=800&q=Pier+91+Seattle+Cruise+Terminal&simid=608032317000255057&selectedindex=0&ajaxhist=0&vt=0 They'll kind of give you an idea as to what to except. The taxi's and limo's pick up and drop off on the West side of the pier,  buses drop off and pick up on the East side. There are a lot of videos on You tube that show you the lay out of the Pier 91 area. Enter "Pier 91 Seattle" and they'll come up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Question - can you purchase a Holland America transfer to the airport while onboard?  Sometimes I see this advertised onboard and other times no mention of it.

We've always gotten a form in our stateroom asking if we want to purchase them so assume you still can do that.

2 hours ago, Penzance said:

Thank you. Most helpful. We now hope for decent weather on our train tour -  in Skagway.

Maybe see you in our favorite bar - the Crooners. 🍸

No problem, glad to help. Which train tour are you doing in Skagway? I think we've done them all. This year we are renting a car and taking a drive up to Emerald lake and maybe White Horse, playing it by ear.

I like to go to Crooners and listen to the music. It's a fun bar

On 5/17/2019 at 11:36 AM, bonsai3s said:

Just off the Solstice. Regrettably we were informed that the Port Valet service won't be available for our sailing. Instead of going to Pike Place Market, we decided to head to SeaTac (currently sitting in front of Alasaka Airlines).

Outside Pier 91, we decided to use UBER. There is a white shuttle (free) that took us approximately 5 minutes to a designated area for Uber/Lyft. Most of our drivers showed up within minutes...our Uber cost was $41.

Note: Pier 91 was organized with lots of friendly people helping us.

We were unable to confirm if there was a flat-rate for the taxis.  Other passengers we spoke to at the airport said taxis were metered and all cost over $60...mainly due to traffic.

Happy Sailing to everyone!

We will be on Solstice next week. Did they say why luggage valet wasn’t available?

29 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

No problem, glad to help. Which train tour are you doing in Skagway? I think we've done them all. This year we are renting a car and taking a drive up to Emerald lake and maybe White Horse, playing it by ear.

I like to go to Crooners and listen to the music. It's a fun bar 

As this will probably be our one and only cruise to Alaska, we have booked the Bennett Scenic Journey with Chilkoot Tours -- train first. 

A cocktail in the Crooners Bar before dinner is always on our agenda.  🙂

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

We will be on Solstice next week. Did they say why luggage valet wasn’t available?

It was probably due to the fact that it was the first visit of the Solstice of the 2019 season.  May have not the needed Port Valet paperwork on board (the Solstice began its cruise from Vancouver, BC - now it begins the sailings from Seattle).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Question - can you purchase a Holland America transfer to the airport while onboard?  Sometimes I see this advertised onboard and other times no mention of it.

Airport transfers can also be purchased at Pier 91 just after you go through the Passport check point.

5 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

It was probably due to the fact that it was the first visit of the Solstice of the 2019 season.  May have not the needed Port Valet paperwork on board (the Solstice began its cruise from Vancouver, BC - now it begins the sailings from Seattle).

Ferry_Watcher, you are correct as always.  We spoke to guest services twice last week before disembarking and that was exactly what we were told.  When we asked "when" it will be available, guest services couldn't provide a date.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Airport transfers can also be purchased at Pier 91 just after you go through the Passport check point.

Thanks!  I would like to book onboard as I can use some OBC if I have enough left over, but if not, I will just do it at the pier.

• 2 weeks later...

After going around and around on options from airport to downtown, hotel to pier 91, and finally pier to airport we have made our decision.  We will use the light rail from airport to downtown and take Uber from train stop to Marriott Waterfront.  The Marriott concierge suggested we consider Seattle Shuttle for all of our transportation needs but they were unavailable from the airport to the hotel for our arrival times.  They charge $43 for two persons.  We considered Alreadythere but the phone number to call outside the baggage claim area when you're ready for pickup is their main number and they never answer it.  Their charge is $60 for two.  Shuttle Express charges the same but their reviews were terrible.  We're in good shape, will have been on the airplane for 6 hours, so we  decided a walk wouldn't hurt us to take the light rail downtown.  Maybe it'll be a little adventure, like taking the subway in NY even when you don't have to. The Seattle Shuttle charges $8 PP for the ride to pier 91 and $24 PP for the ride from pier 91 to airport.

We too did a lot of research to find the most convenient way to book.......Seatac to hotel; Hotel to Pier 91 and Pier 91 to Seatac.  We finally decided on Alreadythere from Seatac to hotel and again from Pier 91 to Seatac. (the hotel booked us into a shared van from their hotel to Pier 91 for only $10 pp)   It's rather disturbing to hear of your experience with Alreadythere.  Their instructions to us are.......they will text the name and phone number of the actual driver who will meet us and we call him on our arrival -- did they text you?

52 minutes ago, Penzance said:

We too did a lot of research to find the most convenient way to book.......Seatac to hotel; Hotel to Pier 91 and Pier 91 to Seatac.  We finally decided on Alreadythere from Seatac to hotel and again from Pier 91 to Seatac. (the hotel booked us into a shared van from their hotel to Pier 91 for only $10 pp)   It's rather disturbing to hear of your experience with Alreadythere.  Their instructions to us are.......they will text the name and phone number of the actual driver who will meet us and we call him on our arrival -- did they text you?

My correspondence with Alreadythere was email.  I called 3 times but no answer so I left messages which were never returned.  The emails were answered timely.  This from Charlotte regarding my question about which pickup method applies for the $60 charge:  At the airport, we would meet you curbside outside of baggage claim. This from their website for curb pickup instructions:

1. Meet him at the curb. This is the most frequently used method for meeting your driver. It’s fast and easy. After your plane lands, proceed to the Baggage Claim area and pick up any checked luggage. On the same level as Baggage Claim, go to the door closest to you and call our main number 425.425.9101. We’ll ask which door you’re at (numbers are over each door) and then we’ll dispatch the driver who will meet you within about 5 minutes

The number referenced in their instructions is the same main number I called 3 times without answer.  My wife thinks they know when the call is coming from the airport and they get priority.  I thought it was risky.

Oh dear, that does not sound professional. This is what we received in our confirmed booking....

We'll monitor your flight and a driver will be at the airport based on the time reported by the airline. I will text you the name and cell of your driver so that you can call or text him after you have collected checked luggage and go out any door on the baggage claim level to the curb. Please tell him which door you're at (numbers are above each door) and he will meet you within about 5-10 minutes of your call, depending on traffic at the airport at that time. Please do NOT cross the sky-bridge to the parking garage.

I will contact Charlotte to re-confirm.

I use Seattle Express.  It is a shuttle service that works with Airport Hotels.

If you use it round trip it is $30.00 per person plus tax.

if you go one way the cost is $18.00 plus per person.

i have used them 3 times and service has been great.