Shore excursions?

RMS Olympic

Are excursions purchased once onboard or before embarking? I found the excursions being offered on my June Greek cruise but did not see where to actually purchase them. Or is this accomplished over the phone? I also noticed excursions are dropped if the minimum number of passengers is not met.....which makes me think purchases are done on board. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, excursions are booked on-board. There are excursion books where you simply add your name to a list of those wanting to take that excursion. The books are normally in the Library on Star Clipper and Star Flyer and in the Gallery area on Royal Clipper. Many of the lists start filling up quickly so, if you know which tours you want to go on, put your name down on the first evening aboard. Each list has a deadline date for completing it, normally at least 24 hours before the tour.

When you get your final documentation a few weeks before your cruise, you should get a load of information about each excursion that will show a more detailed description of the contents of the tour,  any minimum or maximum numbers and, of course, the cost. On-board, the Cruise Director gives talks about the forthcoming excursions and is there to answer your questions.