Which RCL ships have hibachi at Izumi?

Do you know if Vision has the hot rock, but it's not shown on the menu? I've been trying to plan some specialty dining for an upcoming cruise in June, and the menu shown online doesn't indicate that hot rock is available. However, I realize that RCL may just use a "standard" Izumi menu to show online and it could vary across the fleet.

This is what is currently available for $55 on my June Med/Greek Isles cruise. If my husband can't get something cooked (🙄), we aren't eating at Izumi.

Izumi_Vision.pdf

6 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Do you know if Vision has the hot rock, but it's not shown on the menu? I've been trying to plan some specialty dining for an upcoming cruise in June, and the menu shown online doesn't indicate that hot rock is available. However, I realize that RCL may just use a "standard" Izumi menu to show online and it could vary across the fleet.

This is what is currently available for $55 on my June Med/Greek Isles cruise. If my husband can't get something cooked (🙄), we aren't eating at Izumi.

Izumi_Vision.pdf 28.49 kB · 1 download

I'm no expert on sushi, but lots of sushi is cooked. Shrimp nigiri comes to mind. It's basically a rice ball with butterflied shrimp

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm no expert on sushi, but lots of sushi is cooked. Shrimp nigiri comes to mind. It's basically a rice ball with butterflied shrimp

Yes, I completely agree! However, husband hears "sushi"...does not eat said sushi. It's an ongoing battle. After 20 years of marriage I've learned that some battles simply aren't worth the effort. Lol, I can just make an extra reservation somewhere else (or save the money for that matter). I was just wondering if anyone who sailed Vision recently noticed the menu.

10 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Yes, I completely agree! However, husband hears "sushi"...does not eat said sushi. It's an ongoing battle. After 20 years of marriage I've learned that some battles simply aren't worth the effort. Lol, I can just make an extra reservation somewhere else (or save the money for that matter). I was just wondering if anyone who sailed Vision recently noticed the menu.

Good luck with the battle

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Symphony has Hibachi.  It was fun, but definitely not worth $50pp, IMO (someone else paid, or I wouldn't have gone at all).

That is just ridiculous, especially considering the best land based hibachi restaurants arent nowhere near that much per person even if you are ordering filet and lobster.   Specialty dining on RC was really something special not too long ago at a rate that was less than you would pay for the same land based experience.   Long gone are those days I guess. 

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

To many accountants on these boards. It's fun, enjoy.

I paid $16 for fish and chips in Diagon Alley yesterday. Comparable to $5 at  Long John Silver.  $75 for 3 people, but we had fun.

Im not an accountant.  Im just not about to pay 2X what I would pay on land for a subpar product just because Im on a cruise ship in the name of "having fun".   I havent heard the best of reviews of Izumi lately.    Long John Silvers is not real good and a poor comparison. I certainly hope your fish and chips in Diagon Alley, wherever that may be, was better than that poor excuse that is LJS. 😎  All Im saying is I can remember a time when Chops was really close to a high end steakhouse experience at 1/3rd the price.   Sadly, my last Chops experience I wouldnt even rate above an average chain steakhouse like Western Sizzler.   Prices have went way up and quality has came way down IMO.    Most people would agree with me    

4 minutes ago, ryano said:

...  All Im saying is I can remember a time when Chops was really close to a high end steakhouse experience at 1/3rd the price.   Sadly, my last Chops experience I wouldnt even rate above an average chain steakhouse like Western Sizzler.   Prices have went way up and quality has came way down IMO.    Most people would agree with me    

We are two that agree with you. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Hmmm....whenever I go out for HIbachi with my family of 4 it costs me $180-220.....and I live in the country.  Sushi apps, mains, desert, drinks, tip....it all adds up for us.

'

Does sushi come with the 49.95 price at Izumi?   I dont think so.  If it does I may reconsider  🙂     I live in the country too.  Our very best hibachi place is called Okinawa.   Even filet and lobster is only 24.95 pp.   The most expensive item on the menu.   That includes soup, salad, mixed hibachi veggies and fried rice.  Add in 6.00 - 10.00 sushi, a 20% tip and Im still out of there less than 50 bucks.   I never have room for dessert after eating there.    

Edited by ryano

8 minutes ago, ryano said:

'

.... Our very best hibachi place is called Okinawa.   Even filet and lobster is only 24.95 pp.   The most expensive item on the menu.   That includes soup, salad, mixed hibachi veggies and fried rice.    I never have room for dessert after eating there.    

Similar situation on our home town.  Excellent hibachi restaurant costing $16 - $25 depending on entree choice. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ryano said:

'

Does sushi come with the 49.95 price at Izumi?   I dont think so.  If it does I may reconsider  🙂     I live in the country too.  Our very best hibachi place is called Okinawa.   Even filet and lobster is only 24.95 pp.   The most expensive item on the menu.   That includes soup, salad, mixed hibachi veggies and fried rice.  Add in 6.00 - 10.00 sushi, a 20% tip and Im still out of there less than 50 bucks.   I never have room for dessert after eating there.    

On Symphony for the $50 Hibachi Experience, sushi was NOT included in the price, but could be ordered for an additional price.  

It was either our assistant/waiter or our chef who recommended holding off on ordering sushi until we knew we would have room for it, because the hibachi meal included salad, fried rice, our chosen meat/meats, and dessert.