Could Perfect day price drop be due to delays?

dltaeg

I read a thread yesterday that RC has reduced the price of the half/full day water park tickets on Coco Cay.

Some people with later sailings (July onwards) said the discount wasn't showing for them.

I know Perfect day is due to open sometime in May but do you think the huge drop in price could be to factor in that somethings may not be open/ready for the park opening?

I'm on the June 9th Harmony and the prices have not dropped at all for my cruise.  In fact they are higher than the typical amounts I'm seeing posted by others.  So I don't think that it what is driving any price drop  On my cruise tickets for the waterpark at $70.99 for adults and the waterpark/cabana combo is $829.99

I'm on June 2nd sailing and they've gotten more expensive. I bought our tickets a couple of weeks ago and they were $64.99. Now they are $70.99. I don't think it's from delays. I'm wondering if a lot of Oasis cancellation travelers rebooked to those sailings and they're trying to recoup some costs. That's why were are booked on that one, we got cancelled on Oasis. It could also just be a case of supply and demand. Maybe there aren't many tickets for the water park booked on the sailings where it's cheaper so they're trying to drum up some reservations, and the couple of June ones are more expensive have a lot of tickets already sold.

For my May 10th sailing the Full Day Waterpark is $23.99 and the Zipline is $58.99 yet the Full Day Waterpark & Zipline is still $99, lol.  I rented a Beach Bed and also want to spend some time at the pool so I don't think I'd have time for the Waterpark.....although at $23.99 it might be worth just checking it out even if only for a short time!

I suspect they made a SWAG at setting initial prices but now that they've had a few months to monitor sales trends they are fine tuning pricing to find the sweet spot to maximize revenue.  

32 minutes ago, yzfmik said:

For my May 10th sailing the Full Day Waterpark is $23.99 and the Zipline is $58.99 yet the Full Day Waterpark & Zipline is still $99, lol.  

Add the Waterpark and Zip combo to your cart and watch the price magically drop.  I ended up paying $65 for the combo despite the $99 price.  In the end my email confirmation listed them separately as $21 and $44.  

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Add the Waterpark and Zip combo to your cart and watch the price magically drop.  I ended up paying $65 for the combo despite the $99 price.  In the end my email confirmation listed them separately as $21 and $44.  

Ahhhh, interesting.  That makes sense considering how great the website is, lol!

• Like 1