Onboard credit via BoA question

I understand if you get onboard credit occasionally from a travel agent you can get a refund if you don't use it all (or at least from what I've read somewhere on some posts), but I would like to know if anyone knows if the onboard credit that comes from your rewards points from the Bank of America (Royal Caribbean) visa card would also be refunded if not used completely.

I'm trying to see how much I should request for our upcoming cruise in May and it matters if I can get unused credit back or not. 

Thank you

Ive gotten a refund on my BofA Royal Caribbean onboard credit.  I've also gotten a refund of some of the OBC from the travel agent as part of it has come up as non-refundable and that had to be used on the cruise.

4 minutes ago, libertybelle41 said:

I understand if you get onboard credit occasionally from a travel agent you can get a refund if you don't use it all (or at least from what I've read somewhere on some posts), but I would like to know if anyone knows if the onboard credit that comes from your rewards points from the Bank of America (Royal Caribbean) visa card would also be refunded if not used completely.

I'm trying to see how much I should request for our upcoming cruise in May and it matters if I can get unused credit back or not. 

Thank you

OBC from Visa points redemption is fully refundable.

4 minutes ago, libertybelle41 said:

Nice. I thought at one point they were not and if you didn't use them you lost them. 

How do you go about getting the refund?

Thanks! 

You can get a cash refund at Guest Services on the last day of the cruise.

If you don't get a cash refund, then they will automatically credit the credit card on file for your onboard account.