Best flip flops

Gatorfan01

I’m looking for recommendations for a good flip flop type shoe to wear around the ship. I fell last year and broke my patella (kneecap) so I’m more cautious now. I remember on past cruises my current flip flop of choice (Yellowbox) could get a little slippery on the wet decks so I’m looking for something I can be comfortable walking on the decks. 

I like sperry flip flops.  I really do not slip and slide around, and they're sturdy enough with a little arch support so walking is comfortable.  

If there is a DSW or Shoe Depot Encore near you, it's a nice place to go try on a bunch in different price ranges/styles.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I had to give up flip-flops. I did almost slip and fall a few times on pool decks, but worse at home I tripped wearing flip flops (one caught on a stair) and then fell down about six stairs and cut my head open above my eyebrow, requiring emergency room personnel to call in a plastic surgeon. I was also carrying a few things e.g. a coffee cup etc. at the time. Not a good combination! 

😉

Stay safe and walk carefully! 

8 minutes ago, LennyKeyWest said:

https://olukai.com/  They have great built in arch support!  I wear mine all day when cruising and never get sore feet.

Second this one.  I use to wear the Reef style with memory foam cushion support, however when the surface gets wet, your feet will slide on them.  So the Olukai brand has a non-slip surface and perfect for water use.  These are also very durable and hold up for long periods of time with the added arch support for walking.  They also come in a variety of different style flip-flops or water type shoes.  

• Like 1

ABEO from the Walking Company......love them, stay on my feet with real arch support and rubber bottom......

Also, I wear Vionics and they are awesome.  Normally I am not a "thong sandal" person but both of these brands really work for me. The part between the toes does not rub/itch/etc..

On 4/24/2019 at 2:21 PM, purplephenom said:

I like sperry flip flops.  I really do not slip and slide around, and they're sturdy enough with a little arch support so walking is comfortable.  

On 4/24/2019 at 2:57 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

I have 3 pair of Sperry flip flops. So very comfortable.  

Also a BIG fan of Sperry Top-Sider flip flops!  :classic_cool:

I know you are looking for flip flops.

My suggestion is not flip flops but I find that some sandals from Brinkenstock are really good.

They are very comfortable and have good feet support. I wear them during the day around decks and the pool area.

ANY shoe can be slippery if the deck is wet.  What's worse with flip-flops is if the insole of the shoe gets wet....the lack of friction between foot and flip-flop can REALLY be slippery!

That said, I found a brand called Telic....you can look it up online.  They are SO comfortable....made for arch support, and the insole is textured so it resists slipping better than a smooth insole will.  Great if you have Plantar Fasciitis.....Really helps with heal pain.

On 4/24/2019 at 10:51 AM, Jenn1974 said:

Oh dear, the first two pages of reviews (most recent) are not very promising... 😥

• 4 weeks later...

I love Sanuk Yoga Mat Flip Flops. You can buy them on amazon, Nordstrom, etc. If I can wander and stand in lines for 15+ hours at Walt Disney World in them (and while pregnant!), you know they are comfortable. I have kinda flat feet, so if you need a lot of arch support they may not work for you.

I'm not trying to argue but I have another opinion of Sanuk Yoga mat shoes.I find them very uncomfortable after a half an hour or so.  I've seen them at Ross and TJ Maxx for less than i paid at Dillards

My favorite three styles are Vionic Tide (several variations: sequin, platform, patent); Olukai Ohana (available in a huge variety of colors); and Abeo Balboa (from The Walking Company, also available in quite a few colors).

All of these have good arch support and are comfortable for me for long periods of time. They are also in the $65 price range (well, that's an Abeo Balboa on sale).

• 2 weeks later...

A fellow traveler in Thailand a few years ago recommended these Tevas.  As you can see the actually have support and the extra 'straps' make them sturdier somehow that the usual.  Been wearing them for probably four years if that tells you anything 🙂

https://www.teva.com/women-sandals/olowahu/6840.html?dwvar_6840_color=HBLCK#start=9&cgid=women-flip-flops