Game of Thrones on Brilliance this weekend

Hi All- Going on Brilliance this weekend but just realized Game of Thrones in on Sunday. Anyone know where they may show this? It is on HBO. May just need to get the Zoom for 1 device and watch on HBO Now. Any ideas?

Understand the "importance" for GoT-ers to see the episodes as they first appear, but seriously, is it worth the cost of the streaming package for just one hour?  The first show has been repeated ad infinitum and the second show is close behind.  If you wait until your return you can binge watch the entire season thus far and catch epi 4 at home in the comfort of you big screen.

We were on HOTS for the season premier. I brought along my firestick and streamed it. If you use a firestick, you will need to get a cheap universal remote so you can change the input on the TV. I got one for about $10 from walmart and it worked great. Did not even have to reprogram the remote. 

I did not get the voom just for this. I was going to get the voom anyway. I also enjoyed having the firestick other time in the week. the TV channel selection on our ship left a lot to be desired. No I did not stay in the room watching TV on a cruise, but there are many times during the week I enjoy just relaxing in the room watching some TV. 

I understand the need to watch GOT live (or close to it).  Enjoy your vacation the way that you want to.  I started a similar thread where we'll be on Freedom for the final episode. I purchased an Apple lightning to HDMI adaptor and plan to watch on the cabin TV via my iPhone and the HBO Go app.  I hope to unplug the ship's entertainment system from an existing HDMI port and use that same port so that I don't have to figure out how to change inputs.  Someone though made the good suggestion to toss a Samsung remote (or a universal remote as Travis suggested) into our luggage in case I do need to change inputs.  My only concern would be if the stream option on Brilliance is fast enough to avoid a lot of buffering.  I don't know if Brilliance uses the faster O3b system.  Maybe someone else can comment.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:40 PM, crewsweeper said:

Understand the "importance" for GoT-ers to see the episodes as they first appear, but seriously, is it worth the cost of the streaming package for just one hour?  The first show has been repeated ad infinitum and the second show is close behind.  If you wait until your return you can binge watch the entire season thus far and catch epi 4 at home in the comfort of you big screen.

yes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I understand the need to watch GOT live (or close to it).  Enjoy your vacation the way that you want to.  I started a similar thread where we'll be on Freedom for the final episode. I purchased an Apple lightning to HDMI adaptor and plan to watch on the cabin TV via my iPhone and the HBO Go app.  I hope to unplug the ship's entertainment system from an existing HDMI port and use that same port so that I don't have to figure out how to change inputs.  Someone though made the good suggestion to toss a Samsung remote (or a universal remote as Travis suggested) into our luggage in case I do need to change inputs.  My only concern would be if the stream option on Brilliance is fast enough to avoid a lot of buffering.  I don't know if Brilliance uses the faster O3b system.  Maybe someone else can comment.

No O3B on Brilliance. 

We are missing 3-5 on our TA. 🥶🥶

Edited by John&LaLa

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Ouch.  Better binge em fast when you get home before the final episode.

giphy.gif

That would be the exact look on my face if anyone broke out any spoilers...

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 1

Sadly the TV programming on RCI has gone down the toilet in the last few years.  They used to have two decent movie channels showing several 2nd run, but recent, movies for free with no ads.  Now it is just RCI advertising and old TV reruns they show over and over again...plus many foreign language TV stations.  It's all crap now.  

• Like 2

Just now, island lady said:

Sadly the TV programming on RCI has gone down the toilet in the last few years.  They used to have two decent movie channels showing several 2nd run, but recent, movies for free with no ads.  Now it is just RCI advertising and old TV reruns they show over and over again...plus many foreign language TV stations.  It's all crap now.  

I agree.  We used to have TCM on in the background while getting ready, and both that and TNT are gone.   Now we only turn on the TV to check our onboard account.

24 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I agree.  We used to have TCM on in the background while getting ready, and both that and TNT are gone.   Now we only turn on the TV to check our onboard account.

That's mainly why we turn on the on-board TV too; however, sometimes we'll watch the rerun of the Love & Marriage and Quest shows since we normally don't stay up for the late-night antics.

Just watched the first episode of season 8 of Game of Thrones (shared DVD's for all other seasons), which was free a couple of weekends ago. Yeah, I know, it was a "hook" to get me to pay to watch the rest of them! Anyone want to guess about the ending? I think John's youngest (not the older one) sister will be Queen of the North, and John will share the iron throne with the Mother of Dragons! I think we all agree that the evil "B" needs to pay for her nastiness! At least, that's what I would like to happen! Guess I like happy endings! Oh, and I do so hope the "little man" fairs well in the end too! Hope I didn't say too much for anyone who hasn't seen the first 7 seasons!😯

17 minutes ago, fred30 said:

You can't worry about spoiling previous seasons. 

(SPOILER ALERT!!!) However,  this final season seems to have started out like it was written by Judith McNaught or Nora Roberts instead of George R R Martin and should be shown on the Hallmark Channel vs HBO.:classic_ohmy::classic_angry:

44 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

(SPOILER ALERT!!!) However,  this final season seems to have started out like it was written by Judith McNaught or Nora Roberts instead of George R R Martin and should be shown on the Hallmark Channel vs HBO.:classic_ohmy::classic_angry:

I agree with you.  For me this is a do not care season.  It was way too long of a wait for this short season just to wrap it it.  It doesn't really matter to me how it ends now.    They should of just ended it last season.  They could of done it in 2 or 3 shows but that would of cut down on revenue.

If you have HBO at home you can watch it on the HBO go app on an iPad. DH travels every week for work and watches all the HBO shows on the app.  You would need Voom to stream it that way.

I was lamenting that we will be traveling to a graduation on May 19th and I don’t want to miss the finale.  So I’ll be rudely sneaking off somewhere to watch my iPad that night. 

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why cruise. Just stay at home and watch. 

Spending 1 hour watching a TV show out of a 7 day cruise is no worse than spending hours of the day smoking and sitting in front of a slot machine dishing out cash to the RCI fund.

Whatever someone likes to do for fun on a cruise should be entirely up to them and judgement free.  I'd rather go for a root canal than sit and play bingo on a ship, but they still have lots of participants and they are more than welcome to play.  As long as they don't force me to play... I see problem.

dp

• Like 3

I was on a cruise for episode 1 this season and watched it the next morning after I downloaded it. Granted it was the Caribbean but it can be done. Just not live if you can live with waiting a few hours. 

I agree with previous poster. OP was asking if they show it at all on the ship and of course the usual comments about turning off tv, internet...🙄.  Some people are entertained by playing trivia or watching how long someone abandons their chair at the pool or evaluating the dress code in the MDR.  I'd much rather watch GOT. 

I have also watched TV shows and movies via comcast streaming on a few transatlantics but I had voom surf and stream. 

Edited by jean87510

On 4/24/2019 at 11:06 AM, enchilada72 said:

Hi All- Going on Brilliance this weekend but just realized Game of Thrones in on Sunday. Anyone know where they may show this? It is on HBO. May just need to get the Zoom for 1 device and watch on HBO Now. Any ideas?

They won't be showing HBO, Royal wouldn't pay to show it. If you bring a tablet you can stream it, I did that last fall on Vision for a couple episodes of Outlander. A couple times the programming had to buffer as Vision's wifi wasn't very good but it worked well enough. Enjoy.