Booked 8166 Serenade to Hawaii - Thoughts

so we finally made a decision as we like aft cabins and opted for 8166 Sailing is vancouver to hawaii

how does the room sound to anyone who has stayed in it and is the Port side of the ship good for the Hawaii Islands 

Thanks

That cabin isn't what I consider an aft one as it doesn't have a rear view typical needed to be that type of cabin since that view is obstructed by the ship's superstructure. It's downward view is blocked by the extended roof of the Safari Club. Also the forward view is obstructed by the balcony outer panel cleaning structure usually parked just forward of that balcony which is why it has an obstructed view symbol on Serenade's deck plan.

Port or starboard doesn't matter as the ship can be docked in either direction while docked and while sailing it depends which route the ship takes around those islands. Arrow in the shot below indicates where that balcony is.

P3151852 (3).jpg

Edited by robtulipe

34 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Forgot to mention it is also a very long walk, almost half the length of that ship from where the nearest elevators and stairs are in the Atrium.

The walk is well worth it for a true aft.

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Radiance class ships aren't "that" big.  The walk isn't that far.  🙂 

Carol, Even though Radiance class has only 40% of the gross tonnage of Oasis class ship at 962 feet it is just over 80% of the length of a Oasis class.  

With myself it is the long sightless corridor that bothers me especially when I've forgotten something in our cabin and must do a immediately return to a stern located cabin. On our first X cruise we were in an aft Family Veranda on Century which has outside stairs and landings on each aft corner. These were great to get up to the Islands Cafe for our early morning coffee and to get to the pool deck. For me taking the stairs with a great outside view was much better than the sightless corridor walk to the elevators in the atrium.

Edited by robtulipe

Obstructed view aft is extra superstructure, view forward is blocked by ladder and railing,  looking down is the center of a deck 7 balcony floor, looking further out is the covering for the life boats. kicker is that it is a connecting cabin. Some people would not mind at all, it would drive me crazy, especially for 15 nights. . 

23 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Radiance class ships aren't "that" big.  The walk isn't that far.  🙂 

I like that it's quiet back here... OP, stayed in twin cabin one deck up. Love the view down towards the front of ship as the balcony sticks out further then other cabins. Can see into all cabins down side and below you on 7 and 8, if you like people watching. Negative, connecting cabin and normally not lot of Sun hits it from the protected side/Aft part of ship sticking out. But your cruise route should get more then most others during part of day

Edited by ONECRUISER