Does anyone remember what the All Aboard Time Usually Is?

Relax Cruiser

Say if a ship departs 10PM and the last tender is an hour before? I’m trying to book a tour specifically for Santorini which will be in port from 12-10PM, am I correct in assuming that I should start heading back to the cable cars around 7PM?

Also is 90mins sufficient time to meet up with the tour guide (at the end of the cable car in FIRA) if the ship docks at 12PM?

Also, just generally speaking is normally All Aboard Time an hour before departure or 30mins before departure?

It is difficult to day for sure in Santorini.

Are there any other ships there on the same day? The cable car could be a problem if there are multiple ships there. As you arrive at midday I assume that lots of people will be keen to get off quickly, so try to make sure that you get as early tender tickets as possible. If you are in a suite you should be ok, or if you get priority with latitudes then that will help (but you will still need to get in the queue early). Any cable car queues will add to the delays. I’d like to be positive, but have to say that 90 minutes from arrival may be tight, especially if there are other ships helping to fell the cable cars up.

I think that your return timings sound ok. That is giving you about two hours to get down the cable car (and if you are happy to avoid the donkeys then you could walk down in that time). The cable car situation helps ease the queues for tenders getting back.

Thank you both for the replies. So if 9pm is the last tender then I guess 7pm would be the latest we should head back to the cable cars, @KeithJenner- I had a look at the schedule and looks like only our ship will be in port that day on May 14 (We are with Norwegian Jade max pax of 2400 I guess if I’m not mistaken)

15 minutes ago, Relax Cruiser said:

Thank you both for the replies. So if 9pm is the last tender then I guess 7pm would be the latest we should head back to the cable cars, @KeithJenner- I had a look at the schedule and looks like only our ship will be in port that day on May 14 (We are with Norwegian Jade max pax of 2400 I guess if I’m not mistaken)

We were on the Jade as well.

There were very long queues to get off, which is why that 90 minutes is my main concern for you. The fact there are no other ships in port is a bonus.

5 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

We were on the Jade as well.

There were very long queues to get off, which is why that 90 minutes is my main concern for you. The fact there are no other ships in port is a bonus.

I contacted a couple of tour operators and they all said 60-90mins after arrival of cruise ship. I did have my concerns which is why I decided to go private instead of a shared tour, but I’ll see if i can reach out to them again regarding timings...

Do you remember the approx time it took to get to Fira after you docked? If it was a recent trip? If not no worries...

6 minutes ago, Relax Cruiser said:

I contacted a couple of tour operators and they all said 60-90mins after arrival of cruise ship. I did have my concerns which is why I decided to go private instead of a shared tour, but I’ll see if i can reach out to them again regarding timings...

Do you remember the approx time it took to get to Fira after you docked? If it was a recent trip? If not no worries...

I don't remember exactly. It was back in 2014. We were the first ship in port and get ashore before the other ship made things busier at the cable car. I don't recall it taking long to get on the cable car.

When we returned we took one look at the queue for the cable car and decided to walk down. That was a few hours before sail away.

Overall, I think you will be fine with 90 minutes. Just do whatever you can to get an early tender. Details will be in the dailies. Do you have any priority?

Edited by KeithJenner

14 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

It is difficult to day for sure in Santorini.

Are there any other ships there on the same day? The cable car could be a problem if there are multiple ships there. As you arrive at midday I assume that lots of people will be keen to get off quickly, so try to make sure that you get as early tender tickets as possible. If you are in a suite you should be ok, or if you get priority with latitudes then that will help (but you will still need to get in the queue early). Any cable car queues will add to the delays. I’d like to be positive, but have to say that 90 minutes from arrival may be tight, especially if there are other ships helping to fell the cable cars up.

I think that your return timings sound ok. That is giving you about two hours to get down the cable car (and if you are happy to avoid the donkeys then you could walk down in that time). The cable car situation helps ease the queues for tenders getting back.

We took the donkeys up and walked down...but be careful because it will be dark and have donkey do do  on the steps LOL  There are lights but it's not what I would call "lite" .