Shareholder Benefit

pilot

I have a couple of questions:

1.  I just faxed my form to Princess for may cruise next January.  I was able to look at my booking and saw it was applied within 2 hours.  Will Holland America accept the form this far our?

2.  Can I view online in my booking that the credit has been applied (like Princess)?  If not, how do I confirm they have applied the credit?

Thanks

Thanks Mary 229.

I have the form.  My cruise next January.  Doing the Nieuw Statendam, then hopping on the Regal Princess.

As I said Princess has applied the credit to my booking.  

Don't know where to look on Holland America site to see if it has been applied.

Just now, pilot said:

Thanks Mary 229.

I have the form.  My cruise next January.  Doing the Nieuw Statendam, then hopping on the Regal Princess.

As I said Princess has applied the credit to my booking.  

Don't know where to look on Holland America site to see if it has been applied.

If you booked through a TA, it won't show on HAL's website. Your TA can check for you.

Just now, beef8066 said:

I received an email letting me know. I faxed my proof. It only took four days. 

Good to know. I'm about to book a HAL cruise and will be submitting for the shareholder benefit OBC.

Edited by MisterBill99

Just be careful to watch your onboard account. 

I also got written confirmation for a CCL credit of $100 from World Cruise Reservation for a Dec 2018 7 day cruise on Eurodam.  The next to the last day on board I discovered that it was never added to our reservation. I took the written confirmation to the front desk. They notified WCR but it was still was not  added.  I contacted WCR once I got home and they applied it to my upcoming Amsterdam cruise in June 2019 in addition to the $250 credit earned for that cruise.  I will have a total of $350 stockholder's OBC credit for the upcoming Amsterdam cruise.

Edited by JudithLynne

I book online. I have always gotten an email with an updated booking confirmation from HAL showing my new OBC on the "Onboard Credit" line, about a week after I mail in my request.

3 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

Also best to get an updated copy of your confirmation to make sure it's there before you sail.

I always check my OBC when I get on board to see that it's all there and to see what's non-refundable. Assuming I book it, on my upcoming Kdam sailing I will have $150 from HAL from their current promotion, $150 from Future Cruise Certificates I bought last year, $100 from shareholder OBC and then $225 from my TA. The first 3 will cover gratuities and some specialty dining. Hopefully the TA OBC will be refundable so if I don't spend all of it I can get it back.

One way that I use to tell if I got the shareholder OBC is to review the OBC by person in the cabin (assuming 2).  If one has more than the other by the exact amount of this OBC, I know I got it, as only one person per cabin can get it.   Since I book through HAL, I can see my OBC on my confirmations.

I booked with a TA, sent it in for our January cruise and received an email saying it went through.  We printed out the email since it doesn't show up online.  This is our first HAL cruise and the website absolutely SUCKS!!!  It's next to impossible to figure anything out.  We're on BTB Princess cruises right before we get on the Zuiderdam and it showed up on the Princess website.  It amazes me how different the websites are considering they are both owned by Carnival.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, palolake said:

I booked with a TA, sent it in for our January cruise and received an email saying it went through.  We printed out the email since it doesn't show up online.  This is our first HAL cruise and the website absolutely SUCKS!!!  It's next to impossible to figure anything out.  We're on BTB Princess cruises right before we get on the Zuiderdam and it showed up on the Princess website.  It amazes me how different the websites are considering they are both owned by Carnival.

HAL is not consistent from its ship to ship, so it does not surprise me that it is not consistent with its sister CCL brands.

On 4/24/2019 at 7:53 PM, JudithLynne said:

I also got written confirmation for a CCL credit of $100 from World Cruise Reservation for a Dec 2018 7 day cruise on Eurodam.  The next to the last day on board I discovered that it was never added to our reservation. I took the written confirmation to the front desk. They notified WCR but it was still was not  added.  I contacted WCR once I got home and they applied it to my upcoming Amsterdam cruise in June 2019 in addition to the $250 credit earned for that cruise.  I will have a total of $350 stockholder's OBC credit for the upcoming Amsterdam cruise.

Had a very similar experience to yours.  We've been promised by WCR that the "lost" benefit from January 2019 will be added to our January 2020 cruise along with the benefit applied to this cruise so we'll also have a $350 benefit as well.  Will be sure to check every way we can and will be sure to mention success/fail here on CC.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:44 AM, palolake said:

I booked with a TA, sent it in for our January cruise and received an email saying it went through.  

How long did it take? I faxed mine on Friday, followed up with an email last night and haven't gotten a response to either. I did get an automated confirmation that they received my email.

Edited by MisterBill99

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

How long did it take? I faxed mine on Friday, followed up with an email last night and haven't gotten a response to either. I did get an automated confirmation that they received my email.

I've experienced up to a week delay before confirmation of the shareholder credit.  If I've not heard within a week, I recontact HAL.

We did not receive a written confirmation but it is listed on our booking confirmation.  I hope we don't have any problems.  I would not be pleased with their solution of crediting it to our next booking!

Edited by FlorenceItaly

14 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Your TA should be able to verify this for you too.  We've had occasions when HAL did not acknowledge receipt of our faxed docs at all.  Depending on who you get on the phone there, they may advise that your TA must verify this for you.  But, be sure you check on it (and even then it may not be there as in our case above.)

1 hour ago, 0bnxshs said:

Your TA should be able to verify this for you too.  We've had occasions when HAL did not acknowledge receipt of our faxed docs at all.  Depending on who you get on the phone there, they may advise that your TA must verify this for you.  But, be sure you check on it (and even then it may not be there as in our case above.)

Last time I did this I got an emailed confirmation and was even able to write to them and get them to reapply it after it somehow fell off after a change to my reservation. I emailed that address on Wednesday morning and got a confirmation that they received the email but still have not heard back. I'm guessing they are backed up. or I would have heard from them one way or the other.

We booked through TA.  I faxed the Sharholder info to HAL and included my email address, requesting they please let me know.  I received an email from HAL within a week.  HAL also sent a new Booking Confirmation to my TA showing the new OBC within a few days after that, and my TA forwarded me the copy.  Quick and clean, amazingly enough.

You really do not need a form (we have not used one for over ten years).  We simply Fax a copy of our latest brokerage statement (blacking out items not relevant) and a short cover letter requesting the stockholder credit and giving our names, booking number, ship and date.  We also ask for a confirming e-mail (sometimes we get it and sometimes we do not).  We always take a copy of all the relevant paperwork on the cruise in case there is a problem.   We have always received our credit (on HAL, Princess, Seabourn, etc) with no problem.  Although we book through various cruise agencies, when it comes to the Stockholder credit I handle that myself.

Hank