Live from Reflection Transatlantic to Dublin 20th April to 6th May 2019

Eloise4Ever

15 hours ago, barbiedoll68 said:

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your installments. 😜 I wish you’d just throw random short ones out there for us to drool over until you get home. One short one a day isn’t too much to ask for! Everyone who agrees, put your hand up! 🙋🏻‍♀️ 

🙋🏼‍♀️!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cynbar said:

Looking forward to everything you post. I guess I haven't posted before because I don't seem to have any scintillating thoughts ---- but I'm enjoying everything you write!

Ditto!  I too am enjoying your updates!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eloise4Ever said:

You are also somewhat onboard with us as CadburysMom has told us all about you 😀. What a shame you couldn't join us.

I don't know if that's good or bad, but please say "hi" from me.  I bet you all are having way too much fun!

On 4/29/2019 at 9:28 PM, Eloise4Ever said:

I'm very grateful to everyone who has posted on this thread so far. However it seems this kind of review is of very little interest to most Cruise Critic members. It takes so much time to write my long, rambling posts while onboard I've decided to change tack and post  a summary after I get home. We are still having an amazing cruise 😀. See you on the other side 👍.

We are so pleased that you have taken time to include us in your travels. Our number one prioity is that you enjoy every minute of your time away. Thank you for including us. 

We were on Reflection on the sailing just before you. If you get a chance, visit the Passport Bar on Deck 3 across from Guest Relations. Look for a bartender by the name of Cranston...he starts there at 5:30pm. This bar is often overlooked while others are at the Martini Bar. If you get a chance, check it out...you will not be disappointed.

Overall Experience - Hell Yeah

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

We are so pleased that you have taken time to include us in your travels. Our number one prioity is that you enjoy every minute of your time away. Thank you for including us. 

We were on Reflection on the sailing just before you. If you get a chance, visit the Passport Bar on Deck 3 across from Guest Relations. Look for a bartender by the name of Cranston...he starts there at 5:30pm. This bar is often overlooked while others are at the Martini Bar. If you get a chance, check it out...you will not be disappointed.

Overall Experience - Hell Yeah

Randy

Randy you are too kind, thank you so much 😀. We don't usually go to the Passport Bar however we did have the pleasure of meeting Cranston in the bar at the Oceanview Cafe. You are absolutely right, he is wonderful 👍.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eloise4Ever said:

Randy you are too kind, thank you so much 😀. We don't usually go to the Passport Bar however we did have the pleasure of meeting Cranston in the bar at the Oceanview Cafe. You are absolutely right, he is wonderful 👍.

When we visited the Passport Bar, Cranston would do his Jamaican dance while balancing a bottle on his head. I would cringe when he used the Macallan Scotch bottle. I would ask him to use the “cheap stuff” just in case the ship hit a rough patch.

Randy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eloise4Ever said:

Overheard: A gentleman saying "I weigh 295 pounds but I look like I weigh 230..." 😆. I wish I knew how that trick works 😄🤗

Maybe it is like that old saying that you are only as old as you feel.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This has been great! We are going B2B on Reflection in a month out of Dublin. Also really appreciated the note on no Ubers. Any other tips are appreciated. Please keep up the commentary when not counting threads.

Hell Yeah

Edited by Negma
  • Thanks 1

Am really enjoying your review. Having recently done my first live review in February I am well aware with the terror of being compared with luminaries like Jim_Iain and ChicagoPaul! I was lucky the Milie was nly a week out of dry lock so there were lots of questions!

I did smile at your Ireland comment and it did make me remember when you mentioned Eddie Jenkins that I was the only one in the theatre to shout out when he said Wales!

Keep up the good work please

• Thanks 1

So last night was the 3rd and final Evening Chic night of our cruise. Bob wore his tux and as we walked down the hallway from the cabin, one of the room stewards smiled and said "You look very chic". We thanked him and after we passed by I murmured " That was sweet of him. You do look very chic though". "Oh!" Bob replied, "I thought he said we look very cheap!!!!" 😆😁

I said earlier in this thread that I would keep an eye out to see how many tuxes were in evidence on Evening Chic nights. I can now report that I saw less than 10 tuxes on any night and we were in the theatre, MDR and numerous bars. I will say again that we don't care what anybody wears, I'm just reporting what I saw for anyone who may be interested.

Edited by Eloise4Ever
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2019 at 11:06 AM, dani negreanu said:

Following with interest and enjoying it. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Curious about the taxis awaiting at the cruise port in Dublin😀....

Eloise4Ever, 

Have been following along. Curious about taxi at Dublin port as well. Please let us know if private car and driver are allowed in port past security. Also, does customs clearance really take so long at DUB?  Thank you and hope you enjoyed Reflection. We board next month. Loved your review!  

Marie

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2019 at 11:06 AM, dani negreanu said:

Following with interest and enjoying it. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Curious about the taxis awaiting at the cruise port in Dublin😀....

Eloise4Ever, 

Have been following along. Curious about taxi at Dublin port as well. Please let us know if private car and driver are allowed in port past security. Also, does customs clearance really take so long at DUB?  Thank you and hope you enjoyed Reflection. We board next month. Loved your review!  

Marie

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, REEtired said:

Eloise4Ever, 

Marie

I will definitely report back on the taxi situation at Dublin port 👍. We're hoping things have improved since last year although Celebrity keeps warning that taxis at the port are very scarce.

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2019 at 11:42 AM, cruiseerf said:

I am also onboard and it's been a fabulous cruise so far....I am in agreement.  Hell Yeah!   Enjoy!

Glad you've had a fabulous cruise also. Wishing you safe travels after the ship arrives in Dublin tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing your perspectives on your sailing. I still rate this thread as Hell Yeah!

My dream is to explore Ireland and it is #1 on my bucket list.

I do agree Celebrity needs more awareness in the world of ethnicity and culture from your experiences.

Your posts reflect you had a good sailing. It seemed to pass so quickly. I feel like I just read your opening post!

Safe travels and keep that great sense of humor!

Really enjoyed your reports! Since you live in Ireland.....and we will be there after our Reflections cruise....in your opinion, what are the VERY MUST SEES/DOS?? Will be in Wexford for sure -- old family castle around there -- Aughnoure Castle (have you heard of it and the Fierce O'Flaherty's)? My great grandpa was from there before coming to America. My husband's roots are from the Cork area, so will visit there as well. Will fly into Dublin a couple days ahead of cruise, so will be able to see a lot there and can spend the rest of the week around the Isle Have not booked anything yet. Thanks so much!!!!!!

Edited by wishuponasea
correct spelling

On 5/9/2019 at 4:52 PM, BellKat said:

Could you please tell me who the cruise director was? Thanks! Have enjoyed reading this as we will be departing Dublin to Iceland next month.

Hi BellKat, I saw at the time that you found your answer on the "Who's Onboard" thread so I didn't reply here before now. As you found out, the current CD is Simon Akinwolere. I will mention him in my final comments. I hope you have a wonderful cruise from Dublin to Iceland!