flying into FLL - cruise from POM - stay near Ft Lauderdale or Miami on Sunday night?

PghSunny

Hi, I'd like to get your opinions and advice, please.  In June, my 16 year old son and I are flying into FLL on Sunday and cruising from Port of Miami Monday.  Our flight arrives at 3:30 PM.  I currently have a hotel booked near FLL airport (Homewood Suites in Dania Beach, I've stayed there before).  The price is right, around $100 plus tax.  Lately I've been thinking about staying closer to Port of Miami.  I've cruised from POM but never actually stayed in Miami.  I found a pretty good deal at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay.  My dilemma is how to get to the Doubletree.  Would Uber or Lyft be our best bet?  Is the area a lot nicer to justify the higher price?  Are there any shuttle options that will take us from FLL to the Doubletree?  Do you recommend staying by FLL or spending the night in Miami? If I decide to stay in Miami I'd like to stay in an area where there is stuff to do.   Ideally walk to or take a short Uber or Lyft to restaurants, shopping, etc.  Based on my limited research I think the Doubletree will fit my needs.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

It really makes no difference where you stay.  On Monday, you are heading down after rush hour so that won't matter. 

It really is just personal preference if you see the extra value in the things around the hotel in Miami. 

From the double tree you could certainly Uber to Bayside, Brickell, Wynwood, or South Beach.  Walk around, dinner, etc. If you plan on doing that, then you may find value in it. 

We just booked doubletree Miami , we are also flying into Fll , really like that they have balconies that have view of ship , several restaurants right here , last year we stayed at Hilton but had dinner by doubletree. 

2 hours ago, George C said:

We just booked doubletree Miami , we are also flying into Fll , really like that they have balconies that have view of ship , several restaurants right here , last year we stayed at Hilton but had dinner by doubletree. 

I love that hotel, and the pool there is great.  It is a quieter part of downtown, but you can Uber to other parts in just a few minutes.

• Like 1