Cruising with my adult son

If you booked direct with RCI, call and make the request.  If you booked through a TA, ask them to make the request.

If it's not done when you board (sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't) you can ask your cabin steward to separate the beds and they will do it ASAP.

Forget requesting before your cruise.

Just board the ship, and if the beds are together when you get into your cabin, merely ask your cabin steward to separate them and it will be done while you are at dinner.

Easy peasy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Forget requesting before your cruise.

Just board the ship, and if the beds are together when you get into your cabin, merely ask your cabin steward to separate them and it will be done while you are at dinner.

Easy peasy.

And if they're together just look at him and say "oh yay, I get to snuggle you like when you were little" 🙂  I know my adult son would give me a very hard NO but laugh and know I was joking 🙂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

there may be a note on the bed listing items you need after muster drill. "Beds apart" is one thing you can check (Sharps container being another option). 

I haven't ever seen a note like that on my cruises.

I do have a note in my profile the beds are to be separated, but about half the time they are together.   My next cruise has my son booked in the cabin with me while his wife and teen aged daughter are in the cabin next to us.  When we board we are going to switch my granddaughter to my cabin and my son to the cabin with his wife.  Hopefully,  in my cabin they won't have the beds together, but who knows?

I have been told a couple of different things as to why the beds are as they are.  One is if the steward sees the same last name and one is male and one female, the beds are together.  If different, they are separated.  Another thing I have been told is the beds are made up in the same fashion they were for the previous guests.  

Each cruise it's interesting for me to see how the beds are set up.  Last cruise with my son and family,  my grand and I were in one cabin and the beds were not separated. My son and his wife in the next cabin arrived to see their beds separated.

My son's last name is different from mine as he has my first husband's last name and I have my second husband's name.  I guess I will become a cougar is the beds are together, lol.

• Like 1

I always take a notepad and pen with me and leave a note for the room steward asking to separate the beds.  I've never had them separated on arrival, no matter how the reservation reads.  

They're always separated by the time I get back from dinner.