Back to Back

bee-ess

I know there is a 10% discount if you book a b2b, even on different ships.

Does anyone know if you can still get the discount if the first one is already booked, we have a 7 nighter on Iona and are looking at another 7 nighter on Ventura that leaves the day we get back from Iona. We are booked through a TA not P&O.

We still got the discount the even though we didn't book the cruises at the same time.  Same ship though.  I did have to email P & O regarding getting the discount applied to the first cruise booked (the second of the two cruises in real time).  When I made the second booking I was told that an amended confirmation would be sent out.  Nothing landed in my mailbox for a week, but a quick email via the customer services link, and a couple of days later the amended confirmation arrived with the 10% discount. I didn't expect or ask to get the discount at all, so a very pleasant surprise!

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We still got the discount the even though we didn't book the cruises at the same time.  Same ship though.  I did have to email P & O regarding getting the discount applied to the first cruise booked (the second of the two cruises in real time).  When I made the second booking I was told that an amended confirmation would be sent out.  Nothing landed in my mailbox for a week, but a quick email via the customer services link, and a couple of days later the amended confirmation arrived with the 10% discount. I didn't expect or ask to get the discount at all, so a very pleasant surprise!

Thanks

2 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

And if you book now, as well as the 10% for the B2B you'll get the 10% early booking discount plus anything your TA gives you. We got 10% + 10% plus 6% off the P&O price so we were very very happy.

Back to backs rule OK.

We have a B2B booked on Iona, booked first day, which is £50 pppr cheaper than our first cruise in 2001. This is for 2021. So that is 20 years later and it comes with OBC which the 2001 cruise did not. 

Happy Cruising.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aliandy said:

Very ignorant but can someone give me an example of a B2B cruise, please. I understand the concept but not how it works.

We have recently booked a B2B on Aurora for March 2020 (R003 followed by R004)The price of each cruise is worked out as usual but a 10% discount is then added to each cruise.(A select fare has to be booked) We check that the same cabin is available for both cruises before we book and then tick the no upgrade box.We then go to reception on the day others disembark to get a new card.A bill for onboard  spend  is provided for each cruise .If you have to change cabins the steward will carry everything to your new cabin on a hanging rail though you usually need to pack everything else in a suitcase. I don t think you can book a B2B online.We use a Travel agent to get an additional discount I think the cruises have to be at least 5 days long and no longer than 50 days in length

Edited by ann141
add on

Thank you very much, ann141.  That makes it really clear.  It looks like a great way of covering two entirely different holidays without the hassle of driving to Southampton and back twice.  We are on Aurora in just over a week and counting!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aliandy said:

Thank you very much, ann141.  That makes it really clear.  It looks like a great way of covering two entirely different holidays without the hassle of driving to Southampton and back twice.  We are on Aurora in just over a week and counting!  

We have just returned from a wonderful cruise on Aurora and booked the B2B whilst onboard(I checked our TA would give us a discount if the booking was transferred back to them)Enjoy your cruise 🙂