Mariner of the Seas Aft Cabin Questions

lsfla

We are interested in 2 Aft balconies on Mariner of the Seas. 

What's left are E1 Balconies 8690/8692 or Junior Suites Deck 7 cabins 7694/7392 or Deck 6 6392/6394/6694.The price difference between E1 and Jr Suite is $145 per cabin.

All of the ones are available are Obstructed view and wondering how badly they are obstructed. Hoping that some of them might be a little better percentage of obstruction where it may not be as significant. Anyway to find that out?

Also, can you open the balconies between cabins if we decide to go with 2 that are side by side?

Anyone here have personal experience to recommend which 2 cabins we should choose?

27 minutes ago, lsfla said:

What's left are E1 Balconies 8690/8692 or Junior Suites Deck 7 cabins 7694/7392 or Deck 6 6392/6394/6694.The price difference between E1 and Jr Suite is $145 per cabin.

All of the ones are available are Obstructed view and wondering how badly they are obstructed. Hoping that some of them might be a little better percentage of obstruction where it may not be as significant. Anyway to find that out?

Also, can you open the balconies between cabins if we decide to go with 2 that are side by side?

Anyone here have personal experience to recommend which 2 cabins we should choose?

Just my own very humble opinion....

Deck 6 6392/6394/6694 - the very worst cabins on the entire ship for views

Deck 7 cabins 7694/7392 - marginally better than deck 6 with regard to the huge blue deck obstructing your view downward

8690/8692 - 8690 is a very bad balcony, 1/2 size triangular shape. Also you only get a window instead of a full floor-ceiling sliding door to get out to the balcony

I personally would never choose an aft cabin on Voyager or Freedom Class from deck 6-8 ... other than the corner aft deck 7 with the huge balcony. Again, just my personal opinion and tastes... perhaps you'll love what the videos above offer you

If I'm forced to choose, especially with the JS only $145 more per cabin, grab those deck 7 cabins right away

Edited by Hoopster95

1 hour ago, lsfla said:

I love the aft cabins on Voyager class ships.  The superstructure doesn't bother me at all.

Given the choices you listed, I would not hesitate to grab 7694 & 7392.

And the balcony dividers on the aft of Voyager and Freedom class ships do NOT open.

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thank you Hoopster. That was a much better explanation than I gave. :classic_smile:

👍☺️

16 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I love the aft cabins on Voyager class ships.  The superstructure doesn't bother me at all.

Given the choices you listed, I would not hesitate to grab 7694 & 7392.

And the balcony dividers on the aft of Voyager and Freedom class ships do NOT open.

The queen of RCL has spoken!! 😁

Seriously OP, if there's anyone who knows these aft cabins like the back of their hands and wishes to help you make a great choice, listen to Merion_Mom's advice. Go get those deck 7 cabins asap and have a great cruise 

• Like 1

As a continuation of this post - how are the JS on deck 10 ? We have never booked an aft cabin before, but we did for our next cruise, We booked JS Aft 1694 ?  How are these rooms/balconies ?  From what I could find for videos, the balconies look huge, but just wanted to make sure. 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

As a continuation of this post - how are the JS on deck 10 ? We have never booked an aft cabin before, but we did for our next cruise, We booked JS Aft 1694 ?  How are these rooms/balconies ?  From what I could find for videos, the balconies look huge, but just wanted to make sure. 

Thanks 

Excellent stateroom.  HUUUUUGE balcony.  🙂 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Thanks 

The higher the deck on these aft balconies, the less ship superstructure obstructs the view.  Deck 10 is the best for that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, parothead said:

we booked 8690 for a Dec cruise wish i had seen this info about deck 7 being better before i booked. 

I know the poster said that 8690 was a bad balcony, but out of all the ones in the videos, that is the one I liked the best. Seemed to have the most privacy, and almost no obstruction.  As he said.. just personal tastes. 

1 hour ago, iiviiaf said:

I have cabin 1688 booked for an upcoming sailing does anyone have any recent pictures or feedback on that cabin? Thanks in advance 🙂

I have 1688 booked on adventure of the Seas when reaching it I found a number Of food YouTube videos showing the cabin. 

5 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I know the poster said that 8690 was a bad balcony, but out of all the ones in the videos, that is the one I liked the best. Seemed to have the most privacy, and almost no obstruction.  As he said.. just personal tastes. 

We had 9690 on Mariner this past November and it was very nice.   Go by what you saw and what you feel you will like.....all is personal tastes.  It did not have a sliding door to the balcony, but rather a regular door which was weird and a large port hole window since it was the very end cabin on the aft.  We liked that.

59 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

We had 9690 on Mariner this past November and it was very nice.   Go by what you saw and what you feel you will like.....all is personal tastes.  It did not have a sliding door to the balcony, but rather a regular door which was weird and a large port hole window since it was the very end cabin on the aft.  We liked that.

Hi, I was wondering if you have any pictures of the room/balcony, we have it booked in September.

Thanks 🙂

18 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Thanks 

Full review with many photos of aft JS 1694 here:

HUUUUUGE pro: the massive balcony if you're a balcony dweller

Big con for me:  totally covered, very cavernous. 

1 hour ago, Bronx12 said:

Hi, I was wondering if you have any pictures of the room/balcony, we have it booked in September.

Thanks 🙂

Google

Type “mariner 9690”... in 10 seconds I had 2 YouTube videos going of your cabin (on navigator and Adventure)

On 4/25/2019 at 11:58 PM, Hoopster95 said:

I personally would never choose an aft cabin on Voyager or Freedom Class from deck 6-8 ... other than the corner aft deck 7 with the huge balcony.

Same here.  I like looking straight down (or almost straight down) to the water line.  Not a fan of having to look so far out just to see the water.

Thank you everyone for the great advice! I have booked the Junior Suites Deck 7 cabins 7694/7392, even though they're not side by side they are close enough especially since thanks to  Merion_Mom we now know we couldn't open the balcony dividers anyways.

Since we're going for my daughter's 23rd birthday and she and her friend have their own cabin I'm sure the girls will be pleased we're not right next door lol

22 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Thanks 

We had this exact cabin on Mariner of the Seas last October and loved it! The balcony is huge  and you're high enough that the obstruction isn't an issue. If it was available now I wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:55 AM, Host Clarea said:

The higher the deck on these aft balconies, the less ship superstructure obstructs the view.  Deck 10 is the best for that.

Higher the deck, the less structure and smaller the balcony and less cover and more sun . 

Pick your choices .