Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cloud_nine

Drinks not included in UBP

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, so we're used to sailing with RCI and their drinks package includes pretty much everything, including bottled water, freshly squeezed juice and specialty coffees. I read that the UBP on NCL doesn't include bottled water so was just wondering if there was anything else it didn't include like the coffees or fresh squeezed juice. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any drink over $15. I was on Pearl recently and the menus had the drinks not included greyed out.  You would just need to pay the amount over $15 (plus 20%).

 

It was mostly just higher level drinks-foe example regular Jack Daniels was covered, Gentleman Jack was not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go again. This question seams to come up every few weeks. OP, you are right it does not cover fresh squeezed juice, specialty coffee or water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the UK so I can't view the link you provided.

 

And thanks newmexicoNita for your rude reply. Not all of us spend all of our time on cruisecritic so I haven't seen "This question come up every few weeks" and I did a search but haven't found anything about it. But at least you actually answered my question so thanks for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I read, you can upgrade to the Premium Plus Beverage Package on the ship.  It supposedly costs $35pp per day.  This gives you pretty much unlimited drinks up to $35, including a bottle of wine at dinner, and includes Veuve if you drink Champage...also includes bottled water, specialty coffees and freshly squeezed juice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cloud_nine said:

I'm in the UK so I can't view the link you provided.

 

And thanks newmexicoNita for your rude reply. Not all of us spend all of our time on cruisecritic so I haven't seen "This question come up every few weeks" and I did a search but haven't found anything about it. But at least you actually answered my question so thanks for that.

You may have the 1 litre of water per passenger per day included in your ultimate all inclusive deal if you booked in the UK before they brought in the free at sea deals. We do.Check your cruise summary in my NCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, cloud_nine said:

I'm in the UK so I can't view the link you provided.

It worked for me.

 

But If is doesn’t for you then just go to the NCL website, click on the “free at sea” bot towards the top of the page and then find the terms and conditions link near the bottom of the next page. The beverage package details are there.

 

As mentioned above, if you booked before things changed (probably about a month ago), you will also get a bottle of water per day each and you also get coffee with meals. If that is the case it will be listed on your reservation confirmation.

Edited by KeithJenner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cloud_nine said:

I'm in the UK so I can't view the link you provided.

 

And thanks newmexicoNita for your rude reply. Not all of us spend all of our time on cruisecritic so I haven't seen "This question come up every few weeks" and I did a search but haven't found anything about it. But at least you actually answered my question so thanks for that.

I wasn't responding to be rude. It was an overall comment. AS the topic pops up every few weeks or once a month and ends up with a huge debate on what and why the policy. That is all I meant. I certainly didn't mean to be rude to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

It worked for me.

 

But If is doesn’t for you then just go to the NCL website, click on the “free at sea” bot towards the top of the page and then find the terms and conditions link near the bottom of the next page. The beverage package details are there.

 

As mentioned above, if you booked before things changed (probably about a month ago), you will also get a bottle of water per day each and you also get coffee with meals. If that is the case it will be listed on your reservation confirmation.

It may just be problems with my mobile - I desperately need to upgrade my phone, but thanks I'll check that way. I booked in December or January I believe, so that would have been before the change. I seem to remember them mentioning bottled water. The coffee is no biggie if it's not included as we're not huge coffee drinkers but the fresh juice was my main query as we generally prefer that on RCI to the buffet juice, but if it's not included that's okay - so long as I know in advance.

 

1 hour ago, newmexicoNita said:

I wasn't responding to be rude. It was an overall comment. AS the topic pops up every few weeks or once a month and ends up with a huge debate on what and why the policy. That is all I meant. I certainly didn't mean to be rude to you. 

Ahh I see. Misinterpretation on my part then - apologies, it seemed as though the "here we go again" was aimed at me being a nuisance for asking a question that had already been asked before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Firebhoy said:

You may have the 1 litre of water per passenger per day included in your ultimate all inclusive deal if you booked in the UK before they brought in the free at sea deals. We do.Check your cruise summary in my NCL.

 

and the speciality coffees with meals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, cloud_nine said:

It may just be problems with my mobile - I desperately need to upgrade my phone, but thanks I'll check that way. I booked in December or January I believe, so that would have been before the change. I seem to remember them mentioning bottled water. The coffee is no biggie if it's not included as we're not huge coffee drinkers but the fresh juice was my main query as we generally prefer that on RCI to the buffet juice, but if it's not included that's okay - so long as I know in advance.

Actually, it may have only worked for me because I’m in the States at the moment. My phone is still directing me to the U.K. site, but maybe it just let me only to US bit with a direct link.

 

Anyway, yes you will get the bottled water (it is all delivered to your room on the first day). I don’t know exactly what is covered by the juice bit. There was a discussion about it on here a while ago and nobody really seemed sure on that one. I think that is more because people haven’t asked for it than anything else, so hopefully it will be ok for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should get, bottled water, fresh fruit juice and speciality coffee included. Any drink over $15 is not included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...