Gem summer entertainment

ALS1214

Now that the Gem is sailing out of Boston I noticed that it seems like the entertainment is not the same as last summer out of NYC. It's a shame as that was the best entertainment  I have seen in a while. How are the acts on the Gem so far? We usually like to enjoy cocktails in Magnums and listen to music.  

In a previous Gem thread a member reported a great vocalist in Magnums at night.  Having done the Dawn the past few summers, I'm looking forward to some new entertainment options.  Hard to believe, but Second City did exactly the same schtick 3 years in a row.

I have done the Dawn 4 times and I am ready for some new things. I did the Gem last summer and it was fun. I always wanted to see Patti and Jose, but they were always on vacation when I sailed. I was sorta hoping to catch them on the Gem. 

Just off the Gem - listed entertainers are:

Leo Jostol, solo guitarist

Justin Golan, piano entertainer

The Sea Shakers, party band

Vibz Trio, Caribbean band

Norwegian Gem Showband, 6 piece jazz band

Our favorites were Vibz and the jazz band. 

We also went to all the shows. The production cast was amazing. We had Swing and Get Down Tonight as the full cast shows. Plus we had a cabaret one night as a substitution when the seas were to rough for dancing. The cabaret was excellent! 

Swing is swing style music and dance from the 30s and 40s. Great songs and terrific dancing. Get Down Tonight is all the hits from the 1970s. Lots of familiar songs, even TV theme songs. It's a lot of fun. Both shows had the audience on their feet applauding at the end. 

On April 27, 2019 at 7:12 PM, lupaglupa said:

Swing is swing style music and dance from the 30s and 40s. Great songs and terrific dancing. Get Down Tonight is all the hits from the 1970s. Lots of familiar songs, even TV theme songs. It's a lot of fun. Both shows had the audience on their feet applauding at the end. 

Awesome!!!!  Now I'm REALLY looking forward to my Gem cruise on 5/17 :)