Did You All Know About This Place!? Allegro Resort Day Pass Review

jimmymed3

Hey fellow cruisers! So we organized our first ever group cruise a few months back. We went on the Carnival Triumph out of NOLA. I haven't posted as much as I wanted to on here, but wanted to pay this forward to you all. 

We desperately tried to find an all-inclusive resort that would hold 30 of us in our group. We emailed Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocum, Playa Mia and Iberiostar. All of them either didn't respond or said they offer no deals or discounts for groups. It was so disappointing, considering we were trying to bring them a bunch of people. 

The only resort to respond to us was Allegro Resort. We honestly never knew they were in Cozumel. Boy, we were blown away! Not only did they give us a great discount, but they went the extra mile to make sure our group had fun and checked up on us during the day. For those of you not in a group, it is $55 for adults. 

The resort is just past Mr. Sanchos, so its about $4 a person each way for taxi fare. When arriving, it has the feel of a typical high end resort with tropical flowers and fountains. The check in process was easy as you pay the money at the desk and they give you a wrist band. There were bar stations by the beach and at the main clubhouse. There are buffet style restaurants at the main resort as well by the beach/pool areas. However, the beach buffet was closed due to the power being out. The buffet was pretty good and had a decent selection. The only thing that we were kind of bummed about was the lack of traditional Mexican food. They had octopus civiche and the best mango and coconut soft serve. They didn't skimp on the drinks either, which was better than the other beach clubs we've visited in Cozumel. They also have free water sports, like snorkeling and kayak rental. I think what impressed us the most, was the fact that the resort didn't treat us any different than the rest of their guests staying at the resort.

We are actually looking at going back to the resort to stay for a few days later this year. It isn't that much cheaper than the other guys, but definitely feels classier and higher quality. 

We made a video if you are all interested to watch to check it our for yourself.

https://youtu.be/_NGh_YbIOJo

Happy cruising everyone!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jimmymed3 said:

Hey fellow cruisers! So we organized our first ever group cruise a few months back. We went on the Carnival Triumph out of NOLA. I haven't posted as much as I wanted to on here, but wanted to pay this forward to you all. 

We desperately tried to find an all-inclusive resort that would hold 30 of us in our group. We emailed Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocum, Playa Mia and Iberiostar. All of them either didn't respond or said they offer no deals or discounts for groups. It was so disappointing, considering we were trying to bring them a bunch of people. 

The only resort to respond to us was Allegro Resort. We honestly never knew they were in Cozumel. Boy, we were blown away! Not only did they give us a great discount, but they went the extra mile to make sure our group had fun and checked up on us during the day. For those of you not in a group, it is $55 for adults. 

The resort is just past Mr. Sanchos, so its about $4 a person each way for taxi fare. When arriving, it has the feel of a typical high end resort with tropical flowers and fountains. The check in process was easy as you pay the money at the desk and they give you a wrist band. There were bar stations by the beach and at the main clubhouse. There are buffet style restaurants at the main resort as well by the beach/pool areas. However, the beach buffet was closed due to the power being out. The buffet was pretty good and had a decent selection. The only thing that we were kind of bummed about was the lack of traditional Mexican food. They had octopus civiche and the best mango and coconut soft serve. They didn't skimp on the drinks either, which was better than the other beach clubs we've visited in Cozumel. They also have free water sports, like snorkeling and kayak rental. I think what impressed us the most, was the fact that the resort didn't treat us any different than the rest of their guests staying at the resort.

We are actually looking at going back to the resort to stay for a few days later this year. It isn't that much cheaper than the other guys, but definitely feels classier and higher quality. 

We made a video if you are all interested to watch to check it our for yourself.

https://youtu.be/_NGh_YbIOJo

Happy cruising everyone!

Good to hear an up to date review, since it was taken over by Barcelo. 

We enjoyed a day pass there several years ago, as well as a resort stay at their sister hotel Occidental. For adults we prefer Occidental but for mixed ages feel  Allegro is better.

(In case this review is removed you might want to ask mods to move this to an existing thread.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Leaving in December for a Christmas stop in Cozumel.

I was looking for something different to try having been to Nachi Cocom many times

I tried to find a way to contact the hotel for a day pass without much sucess.  Is it possible to just show up at Allegro to purchase day passes?  Or is this something we need to book a head of time?

Thank You

Edited by knots4crewzing

23 minutes ago, knots4crewzing said:

Leaving in December for a Christmas stop in Cozumel.

I was looking for something different to try having been to Nachi Cocom many times

I tried to find a way to contact the hotel for a day pass without much sucess.  Is it possible to just show up at Allegro to purchase day passes?  Or is this something we need to book a head of time?

Thank You

Have you tried broker sites like Shore excursioneer or possibly Resort for a day?

I would also contact hotel directly as sometimes hotels are cheaper direct, sometimes not, or they offer different hours of validity. Remember they are now owned by Barcelo. You may have to contact a central address and specify Cozumel.

Some hotels you can just turn up (El CID/Park Royal) but we pre- booked Allegro. December is high season, I don’t think I would “just turn up”.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, graci11 said:

This is my first time going to Cozumel and I have no idea about the day passes. What's included with the day pass?

If you go to the broker sites I suggested above you will find details of many day passes - at both hotel resorts and beach clubs, plus a description of what is included.

many of the beach clubs like Sanchos, Paradise Beach, Nachi also have their own websites outlining what is included and what is extra.

On 8/18/2019 at 2:45 AM, c-leg5 said:

Have you tried broker sites like Shore excursioneer or possibly Resort for a day?

I would also contact hotel directly as sometimes hotels are cheaper direct, sometimes not, or they offer different hours of validity. Remember they are now owned by Barcelo. You may have to contact a central address and specify Cozumel.

Some hotels you can just turn up (El CID/Park Royal) but we pre- booked Allegro. December is high season, I don’t think I would “just turn up”.

Thank you so much for your help.  I decided just to look to see if Resortforaday had an excursion through them.  found it and booked with them. 

They were only $5more pp over the price of $55 for the day pass through the hotel directly.

I really wanted a resort with amenities especially a pool.  The seaweed has been atrocious when we were in the Caribbean this summer. You could not go in the water.

Fortunately Coco Cay through Royals stop was fine.

Thanks again

Liz

Edited by knots4crewzing
sp

11 hours ago, knots4crewzing said:

Thank you so much for your help.  I decided just to look to see if Resortforaday had an excursion through them.  found it and booked with them. 

They were only $5more pp over the price of $55 for the day pass through the hotel directly.

I really wanted a resort with amenities especially a pool.  The seaweed has been atrocious when we were in the Caribbean this summer. You could not go in the water.

Fortunately Coco Cay through Royals stop was fine.

Thanks again

Liz

Glad you were able to book it.

I have never booked anywhere through Resort for a day  because unfortunately they always seem to add a surcharge ( I see Shore excursioneer currently has it on sale for $52 but you don’t always get exactly the same deal through different vendors - length of time, what’s included etc)

Seaweed is always an unknown. Generally speaking that coast of Cozumel is fine but never a guarantee - we went two years ago in December and Nachi ( next door) had quite bad seaweed and Costa Maya the next day was complete clear! The opposite of what we might have expected! At least as you say, with a resort you have a pool to fall back on!

Enjoy your day and let us know how it went.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kruisecat said:

did you email them? if so, do you have an email address?  We are going in 6 weeks and this looks amazing! 

I went several years ago before it was Barcelo so I am sure there are new addresses. 

I always email mail the reservation address (or info) for the hotel but be sure to specify location as this will probably be a central address. 

As as I stated above there are also broker sites and it appears to be on sale currently and I would probably go with that.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 4:03 AM, c-leg5 said:

I went several years ago before it was Barcelo so I am sure there are new addresses. 

I always email mail the reservation address (or info) for the hotel but be sure to specify location as this will probably be a central address. 

As as I stated above there are also broker sites and it appears to be on sale currently and I would probably go with that.

Thanks for the help! I did what you suggested and got a few dollars off!! We are very excited...thank you for the original post 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 months later...