Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

I’m a platinum Latitudes member who recently traveled on the Bliss.  I arrived at port at 8 am and went to the preferred boarding area in order to be first on the ship to buy a Vibe pass. It appeared disabled cruisers and their large families boarded beforehand, and then I boarded and headed right to the area to buy a Vibe pass.  Unfortunately, the passes were sold out. 

I wrote and complained and received a curt reply stating passes were first come, first serve.

Last week, I spoke to a Bliss passenger I had met years ago.  He was “comped “ the cruise for two (he gambles) and he told NCL he would only go on the free cruise if they held two Vibe passes for him in Guest Relations.  NCL complied. 

Ive cruised NCL over ten times, typically as a solo paying 150%, and paid for all my cruises, followed all the correct procedures that should have insured I was able to buy a Vibe pass, but NCL fraudulently holds passes for preferred guests, so I’m done with NCL .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you board before or after Haven guests boarded?

 

5 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

...followed all the correct procedures that should have insured I was able to buy a Vibe pass...

 

What you did increased your chances. Arriving early isn't a guarantee of success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the haven get priority boarding and they also purchase the vibe passes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven cruisers wouldn’t need a Vibe pass since they have their own private pool area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If NCL holds Vibe passes for gamblers on a free cruise, I’m sure they hold passes for others, like employees on vacay, performers, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

Haven cruisers wouldn’t need a Vibe pass since they have their own private pool area. 

 

What a Haven guest "wants" may be what you don't believe that they "need". If a Haven guest wants a VIBE pass, a Haven guest will buy one. Even the concierge usually holds a few passes for later arriving Haven guests. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

I’m a platinum Latitudes member who recently traveled on the Bliss.  I arrived at port at 8 am and went to the preferred boarding area in order to be first on the ship to buy a Vibe pass. It appeared disabled cruisers and their large families boarded beforehand, and then I boarded and headed right to the area to buy a Vibe pass.  Unfortunately, the passes were sold out. 

I wrote and complained and received a curt reply stating passes were first come, first serve.

Last week, I spoke to a Bliss passenger I had met years ago.  He was “comped “ the cruise for two (he gambles) and he told NCL he would only go on the free cruise if they held two Vibe passes for him in Guest Relations.  NCL complied. 

Ive cruised NCL over ten times, typically as a solo paying 150%, and paid for all my cruises, followed all the correct procedures that should have insured I was able to buy a Vibe pass, but NCL fraudulently holds passes for preferred guests, so I’m done with NCL .  

 

Trust me a gambler is paying more then your 150% solo rate though I do not see why you would pay that since all the ships that have Vibe also have studio cabins.

BTW holding Vibe passes for VIP passengers is not fraud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Studios are at least, if not more, 150% of interior rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrobstad said:

 

Last week, I spoke to a Bliss passenger I had met years ago.  He was “comped “ the cruise for two (he gambles) and he told NCL he would only go on the free cruise if they held two Vibe passes for him in Guest Relations.  NCL complied. 

Ive cruised NCL over ten times, typically as a solo paying 150%, and paid for all my cruises, followed all the correct procedures that should have insured I was able to buy a Vibe pass, but NCL fraudulently holds passes for preferred guests, so I’m done with NCL .  

 

Whilst you may not be a high-roller, you are a frequent repeat customer.

I see no reason why you shouldn't do the same as that gambler, and tell NCL that you'll book only if they held a vibe pass for you.

Might work, probably not - but if you're sincere that you're "done with NCL"  you have nothing to lose. :classic_smile:

 

JB :classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be frustrating and unfair in some ways as to who gets access first but it isn't fraud. There are about 70-100 passes available on a ship of thousands ... if you aren't in the first or possibly second boarding group, you can pretty much count on not getting one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never sailed NCL (first in November) but after a lot of research I cannot for the life of me understand why this pass is worth $200 pp

 

i don’t think you are missing out on much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrobstad said:

Haven cruisers wouldn’t need a Vibe pass since they have their own private pool area. 

Haven has kids, Vibe doesn't ! So yes Haven people buy Vibe passes for peace and quiet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Haven has kids, Vibe doesn't ! So yes Haven people buy Vibe passes for peace and quiet!

 

Doesn’t the ship already have an adults only section?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JimmyBuffet99 said:

 

Doesn’t the ship already have an adults only section?

Spice H2O, however for Haven people Vibe makes a lot of sense and is much closer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Spice H2O, however for Haven people Vibe makes a lot of sense and is much closer. 

...plus since it is limited, VIBE isn't as crowded as Spice H2O.

 

It's just an option that some prefer.

 

Another adult-only option is the Spa for roughly the same price.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrobstad said:

I’m a platinum Latitudes member who recently traveled on the Bliss.  I arrived at port at 8 am and went to the preferred boarding area in order to be first on the ship to buy a Vibe pass. It appeared disabled cruisers and their large families boarded beforehand, and then I boarded and headed right to the area to buy a Vibe pass.  Unfortunately, the passes were sold out. 

I wrote and complained and received a curt reply stating passes were first come, first serve.

Last week, I spoke to a Bliss passenger I had met years ago.  He was “comped “ the cruise for two (he gambles) and he told NCL he would only go on the free cruise if they held two Vibe passes for him in Guest Relations.  NCL complied. 

Ive cruised NCL over ten times, typically as a solo paying 150%, and paid for all my cruises, followed all the correct procedures that should have insured I was able to buy a Vibe pass, but NCL fraudulently holds passes for preferred guests, so I’m done with NCL .  

 

What a shame you will no longer be sailing with NCL.  You'll be sorely missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Spice H2O, however for Haven people Vibe makes a lot of sense and is much closer. 

 

spice h20 is adults only during the day, then kids can enter at around 7pm or so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimmyBuffet99 said:

I have never sailed NCL (first in November) but after a lot of research I cannot for the life of me understand why this pass is worth $200 pp

 

i don’t think you are missing out on much 

It is not worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrobstad said:

Haven cruisers wouldn’t need a Vibe pass since they have their own private pool area. 

Lots of Haven guests get vibe passes. And the Haven sundeck is 3” away from the vibe (just a metal partition between the two sundecks). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Bull said:

 

Whilst you may not be a high-roller, you are a frequent repeat customer.

I see no reason why you shouldn't do the same as that gambler, and tell NCL that you'll book only if they held a vibe pass for you.

Might work, probably not - but if you're sincere that you're "done with NCL"  you have nothing to lose. :classic_smile:

 

JB :classic_smile:

I agree.  I will try that before I write them off.  I did beg my PCC to hold one for me and she said it’s never done.  Now I know better.  I just hate being lied to.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

I agree.  I will try that before I write them off.  I did beg my PCC to hold one for me and she said it’s never done.  Now I know better.  I just hate being lied to.  

 

Maybe the PCC honestly believed that holding a pass for you couldn't be done. It may not have been a lie.

 

It's also possible that the "gambler" lied to you just to make himself seem more important. 

 

With the recent price increase in VIBE passes, demand seems to be lower which would make it easier for you to get a pass next time even if none is held for you. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mrobstad said:

Studios are at least, if not more, 150% of interior rates.

 

No, they are often a small premium over insides and I have often purchased studios for less than the cost of insides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Haven has kids, Vibe doesn't ! So yes Haven people buy Vibe passes for peace and quiet!

True there are kids , however the kids can't go on the Haven sundeck.  Its for adults and I think age 16 and up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mrobstad said:

Oh, how much are they now? 

Last I saw it was 209.00 per person for the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...