Vibe pass fraud

mrobstad

1 hour ago, EganFire said:

Lottery, or bidding, or some method that ALL can participate in is more fair.

What you consider to be "more fair" may not be what others consider to be more fair. Someone else (Platinum Plus, for ex.) might believe that since they are a more loyal customer than a first time cruiser, Platinum Plus cruisers should have more of an opportunity to get VIBE access than the first time cruiser. A Haven guest might feel that it is more fair that they get more of an opportunity to get VIBE access because they have paid more. The current "priority boarding" would be preferred vs. a lottery or bidding method in those cases. 

Bidding for room upgrades is not done by all cruise lines, but how NCL does it, it is as fair as possible. If you booked a year out, or a week out, up until 2 days before cruising you can bid and take a chance. 

But there is ALSO the option to book the same stateroom category directly and skip the bid process. In the "VIBE bid" scenario, there would also need to be a method of booking VIBE access directly....which would likely lead to Haven guests getting an earlier chance...which would lead to more complaining by those who miss out. 

Does anyone think their is no room for improvement?

My idea (not perfect, I know :classic_tongue:) would be that....

1. Adult Haven guests get access to VIBE. This would remove the "...Haven guests took all of the passes..." complaints and would leave more passes for the masses. 
  2. Passes could be purchased online after final payment is made. Not when final payment date is due but when it is made. Once a guest is all paid, the option to add VIBE access is added. 
  3. The number of available passes is posted online. As people purchase, the number drops until all are gone. That way, people know that if they wait too long, the passes will be gone and there will be no "embarkation day" disappointment.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

Anyone who thinks there is even a possibility of 2 couples both getting passes when there are only about 100 of them and a few 1000 passengers bidding would be nuts. But I'm betting there would indeed be a whole lot of them out there complaining! lol

Its the same possibility of any four given people getting passes.

Those saying that 2 couples traveling together aren't guaranteed all 4 in line will get passes-Correct. However your chances are much better than a lottery of some sort.

It may be like looking through rose colored glasses, but I think if the 2 couples traveling together and standing WITH each other in line, somehow someway all 4 get passes.

The mind boggling thing is why pax buy the passes and don't use them. Our last cruise on the Bliss we missed out. However Rommel (Vibe bartender) spend quite a bit of time outside the Vibe at the bar.  He said nobody was using Vibe most days.

53 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

What you consider to be "more fair" may not be what others consider to be more fair. Someone else (Platinum Plus, for ex.) might believe that since they are a more loyal customer than a first time cruiser, Platinum Plus cruisers should have more of an opportunity to get VIBE access than the first time cruiser. A Haven guest might feel that it is more fair that they get more of an opportunity to get VIBE access because they have paid more. The current "priority boarding" would be preferred vs. a lottery or bidding method in those cases. 

But there is ALSO the option to book the same stateroom category directly and skip the bid process. In the "VIBE bid" scenario, there would also need to be a method of booking VIBE access directly....which would likely lead to Haven guests getting an earlier chance...which would lead to more complaining by those who miss out. 

My idea (not perfect, I know :classic_tongue:) would be that....

1. Adult Haven guests get access to VIBE. This would remove the "...Haven guests took all of the passes..." complaints and would leave more passes for the masses. 
  2. Passes could be purchased online after final payment is made. Not when final payment date is due but when it is made. Once a guest is all paid, the option to add VIBE access is added. 
  3. The number of available passes is posted online. As people purchase, the number drops until all are gone. That way, people know that if they wait too long, the passes will be gone and there will be no "embarkation day" disappointment.

I see a big problem with this idea--if all Haven guests get access, depending on the ship, that is a LOT of people. There are many Haven cabins of various levels. Already too many people.

32 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

Its the same possibility of any four given people getting passes.

I'm talking about 2 couples traveling together trying for the lottery. Any 2 couples is different from that in terms of % chance!

Just now, Greenpea2 said:

I'm talking about 2 couples traveling together trying for the lottery. Any 2 couples is different from that in terms of % chance!

Missed the lottery part.  Did not think of that seeing as it is not reality anyway! 🙂

Still the best way to deal with this issue is for NCL to set the price at equilibrium and be done with it.  Once supply = demand (which will happen for any commodity priced correctly) the whole issue automatically goes away.

This board is like a train wreck!! As much as I want to not read all these crazy ideas I can’t stop!!! LOL

I think after reading all these ideas we realize NCL is probably doing it the right way for Vibe now because no one can find a perfect scenario that is fair to everyone.. I’m thinking the “amazing race” method they use now is as good as any that we have brought up!! 

Just now, Hockeydad1972 said:

This board is like a train wreck!! As much as I want to not read all these crazy ideas I can’t stop!!! LOL

I think after reading all these ideas we realize NCL is probably doing it the right way for Vibe now because no one can find a perfect scenario that is fair to everyone.. I’m thinking the “amazing race” method they use now is as good as any that we have brought up!! 

Although it is fun trying to come up with something "better", I do agree with you!

15 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

I see a big problem with this idea--if all Haven guests get access, depending on the ship, that is a LOT of people. There are many Haven cabins of various levels. Already too many people.

Those Haven guests won't likely stay in VIBE. They'll likely have a few drinks and leave (walk a few feet to the Haven sundeck).

Another option could be to expand the Haven sundeck on BA/GA/Escape to the size of Joy/Bliss/Encore and combine Haven/VIBE (plenty of space for all).

On 5/1/2019 at 7:35 PM, beerman2 said:

NCL has created a supply and demand situation that has been around for years in business.

NCL created the supply.  Consumers create the demand.  As we all know, the consumer sets the price for any product or service in the standard marketplace. 

12 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

NCL created the supply.  Consumers create the demand.  As we all know, the consumer sets the price for any product or service in the standard marketplace. 

And all of this dilemma over what used to be wasted space...at least when a helicopter wasn’t landing on it. Kudos to NCL for generating income from it.

I wish they would just put them up for bid a few days before the cruise.  100 passes, top 100 bids get them.  That would give me hours of enjoyment, hearing people complain about the exorbitant amounts they just 'had to pay' for this little status symbol.

1 hour ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

THAT is seriously a perfect resolve to this train wreck of a board...

Keep it the same way, but embrace the crazy and make it a show, video tape it, and call it the Amazing Vibe Pass Race.  Then replay it on the TV channels on board each day on a loop. It would be great to see... not sure I would enter the race, but I would certainly watch it.  Who knows, it could go viral... (and before those with feelings about the washy washy girls and guys interject - I do not mean virus)... :P 

17 minutes ago, EganFire said:

THAT is seriously a perfect resolve to this train wreck of a board...

Keep it the same way, but embrace the crazy and make it a show, video tape it, and call it the Amazing Vibe Pass Race.  Then replay it on the TV channels on board each day on a loop. It would be great to see... not sure I would enter the race, but I would certainly watch it.  Who knows, it could go viral... (and before those with feelings about the washy washy girls and guys interject - I do not mean virus)... 😛

Egan you are brilliant my friend!! I say we email NCL and bring it up as a $$$ maker for them!!!

😂😜

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Those Haven guests won't likely stay in VIBE. They'll likely have a few drinks and leave (walk a few feet to the Haven sundeck).

Yeah but you can’t know that. What about when or if they do? I’m sure I would spend several hours there every day. 

i wish they would stop the whole vibe thing. open it for all. with the haven there is a special area. that is enough, but yes it, is great when 60-70 % of your top deck is only use with upcharge, 🤑

8 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

i wish they would stop the whole vibe thing. open it for all. with the haven there is a special area. that is enough, but yes it, is great when 60-70 % of your top deck is only use with upcharge, 🤑

Opening VIBE for all would just make that area as crowded as the rest of the public areas.

For no charge, there is Spice H2O which is adult-only during the day and is also larger than VIBE.

19 hours ago, Birdie And Sue said:

LOL

. Without the limited supply there might not be a demand.

Agree NCL created the issue/problem!

Here after all these years I thought that companies set the price and it's up to the consumer to purchase it at that price, try to negotiate a better price, or not purchase it at all, which in turn will drive price down. ( Consumer wins then)

Right now NCL seems to be searching for a  balance, or as many people state making as much profit as possible. One thing pax can't say is "nickel and diming". It more $$$ than cents.

19 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

......or as many people state making as much profit as possible. 

Isn't that what all companies do?  If I were NCL, I would continue to raise the price of the Vibe pass until I'm able to sell the majority of them without passengers stampeding over people to get them.  Based on current comments, it seems that they are still underpriced.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 2

Are all cruise lines as bad as NCL about upcharges?  I have only cruised NCL, but I am starting to feel some of the charges are offensive.  I for one do not want to begin my vacation stampeding to get a vibe pass, nor do I want to watch anyone else doing it.  

48 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

LOL

Without the limited supply there might not be a demand.

Agree NCL created the issue/problem!

Here after all these years I thought that companies set the price and it's up to the consumer to purchase it at that price, try to negotiate a better price, or not purchase it at all, which in turn will drive price down. ( Consumer wins then)

Right now NCL seems to be searching for a  balance, or as many people state making as much profit as possible. One thing pax can't say is "nickel and diming". It more $$$ than cents.

The supply is only "limited" because the demand is higher than the supply which is caused by the price not being in equilibrium. 

This exactly supports that the consumer sets the price.  The company sets the initial asking price.  The consumer decides if that will be the actual market price by (as you say to paraphrase) either buying or not buying at the initial asking price.  If that asking price was set too low, demand will exceed supply as was the case with the Vibe being initially priced at $99 (or whatever it was).  NCL raised the price to $199 (or whatever) and the demand still seems to exceed supply.  The next logical and appropriate step is for NCL to raise the price again to try to hit equilibrium.

It is neither 5¢/10¢ nor $$$.  It is consumers determining what the correct price of the Vibe pass is.

8 minutes ago, Ocean Breezer said:

Are all cruise lines as bad as NCL about upcharges?  I have only cruised NCL, but I am starting to feel some of the charges are offensive.  I for one do not want to begin my vacation stampeding to get a vibe pass, nor do I want to watch anyone else doing it.  

Easy fix.  1) Don't buy a Vibe pass.  2) Stay away from the area where the passes are sold on embarkation day! 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

Easy fix.  1) Don't buy a Vibe pass.  2) Stay away from the area where the passes are sold on embarkation day! 🙂

Stop using logic and common sense birdie.. LOL 🤔

Some people will always find a reason to complain..

• Like 1