Vibe pass fraud

mrobstad

50 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Isn't that what all companies do?  If I were NCL, I would continue to raise the price of the Vibe pass until I'm able to sell the majority of them without passengers stampeding over people to get them.  Based on current comments, it seems that they are still underpriced.

NLH 

i agree 100% I'm not sure what some expect anymore. Companies are in the business to profit. It's us that have the choice to purchase or not.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Isn't that what all companies do?  If I were NCL, I would continue to raise the price of the Vibe pass until I'm able to sell the majority of them without passengers stampeding over people to get them.  Based on current comments, it seems that they are still underpriced.

Sorry for double post Ipad acting up!

Edited by beerman2

2 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

You forgot:   3) Cruise on another line.

Why would you leave NCL because you don’t like how Vibe works??

I know other lines have adult only areas but they aren’t the Vibe..

Seems kind of crazy to me that people would be so upset about how NCL gives out the passes that they would not cruise NCL.

25 minutes ago, Ocean Breezer said:

Are all cruise lines as bad as NCL about upcharges?  I have only cruised NCL, but I am starting to feel some of the charges are offensive.  I for one do not want to begin my vacation stampeding to get a vibe pass, nor do I want to watch anyone else doing it.  

Nope,  check other cruise lines boards. Much the same

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

Why would you leave NCL because you don’t like how Vibe works??

I know other lines have adult only areas but they aren’t the Vibe..

Seems kind of crazy to me that people would be so upset about how NCL gives out the passes that they would not cruise NCL.

Because the poster found some of NCL's charges offensive and didn't want to see folks rushing to purchase a Vibe pass.  Obviously, another cruise line should be an option for them to make sure their vacation is awesome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Because the poster found some of NCL's charges offensive and didn't want to see folks rushing to purchase a Vibe pass.  Obviously, another cruise line should be an option for them to make sure their vacation is awesome.

Oh the horror!!!

99.9 % of the people who cruise NCL have no idea what the Great American “Vibe” race even is...

Those who decide to change will be missed!!!

BTW.. Speaking of Nickel and Diming.. We are going on Carnival in November because we liked the dates and departure port and guess what.. They charge extra for the specialty dining just like NCL.. GO FIGURE!

Its an industry standard not an NCL thing!

• Like 1

i dont even know what the vibe is, however if you want the vibe and if you are first in line (assuming passes are still available) who should be entitled to buy the vibe.  That is what the OP is talking about and it has been talked to death.  CC is like the game telephone, the original issue never is the end result discussed

9 minutes ago, Newleno said:

i dont even know what the vibe is, however if you want the vibe and if you are first in line (assuming passes are still available) who should be entitled to buy the vibe.  That is what the OP is talking about and it has been talked to death.  CC is like the game telephone, the original issue never is the end result discussed

The end result is that it is NCL's ship, thus their rules.  If we don't like the rules, .......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

The end result is that it is NCL's ship, thus their rules.  If we don't like the rules, .......

history will show that a lot of times unfair rules are changed.

34 minutes ago, Newleno said:

The OP wasn't first. Others got passes before the OP. Many people boarded before the OP.

5 minutes ago, Newleno said:

history will show that a lot of times unfair rules are changed.

This is where these people lose me..

What’s  UNFAIR??

If I paid triple what you paid for Haven I don’t think it’s unfair they get them if they like. BTW I never will pay for Haven because it’s not my thing.. does that mean Haven should be eliminated?

If I cruised NCL enough to be Platinum is it unfair that they can get them first? If I cruised enough to get to that status you better believe I would hope for perks for my $$$ spent..

If I get to the terminal at 7:30 am to be Group 1 for general boarding is that unfair that I get on the ship before someone who gets there at 11? I think not!!

I’m telling you if they did a lottery people would call it unfair. If they sold cabins that included Vibe would that be unfair??

No perfect answer folks.. People crack me up..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NLH Arizona said:

20 hours ago, ray98 said:

I wish they would just put them up for bid a few days before the cruise.  100 passes, top 100 bids get them. 

Agree with either or both of these.

20 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

What’s  UNFAIR??

If I paid triple what you paid for Haven I don’t think it’s unfair they get them if they like. BTW I never will pay for Haven because it’s not my thing.. does that mean Haven should be eliminated?

If I cruised NCL enough to be Platinum is it unfair that they can get them first? If I cruised enough to get to that status you better believe I would hope for perks for my $$$ spent..

If I get to the terminal at 7:30 am to be Group 1 for general boarding is that unfair that I get on the ship before someone who gets there at 11? I think not!!

I’m telling you if they did a lottery people would call it unfair. If they sold cabins that included Vibe would that be unfair??

what is unfair that if someone is in line to get on the ship to get the vibe, say they are waiting for an hour, then a person(in the same category)s up (who was not in line) then that person gets to buy the vibe before the person standing that was waiting for over an hour.  that is the whole point of the discussion.  

Edited by Newleno

Put all VIBE contestants into an Escape Room. The trick is to solve the puzzles without letting the others know the answers. Then, when you show up to get the passes, there is ANOTHER puzzle to find the real location. Repeat as necessary! 

1 minute ago, Newleno said:

what is unfair that if someone is in line to get on the ship to get the vibe, say they are waiting for an hour, then a person(in the same category)s up (who was not in line) then that person gets to buy the vibe before the person standing that was waiting for over an hour.  that is the whole point of the discussion.  

Huh??

I’m confused?

if they weren’t in line they wouldn’t board before someone who was.. Boarding numbers are given out in your order of arrival..

We have arrived early our last 2 cruises and got Group 1 both times and also got vibe.. Not a coincidence and no one behind us in line had any right to be upset. Should have gotten there earlier..

21 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

What’s  UNFAIR??

yikes really, do you really think this discussion is about haven people  the people that spent so much money, do you really think this discussion is about whether or not they should get special treatment, they pay an arm and a leg.  this disussion is becoming so AOC.  What ever happened to pro/con debates based upon pure merits of the arguments instead of illogical red herrings and such. it is really a shame

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

Huh??

I’m confused?

if they weren’t in line they wouldn’t board before someone who was.. Boarding numbers are given out in your order of arrival..

We have arrived early our last 2 cruises and got Group 1 both times and also got vibe.. Not a coincidence and no one behind us in line had any right to be upset. Should have gotten there earlier..

oh boy, this discussion is about wheel chair people in the same category who were not in line first but still haveing priority for the vibe

1 minute ago, Newleno said:

yikes really, do you really think this discussion is about haven people  the people that spent so much money, do you really think this discussion is about whether or not they should get special treatment, they pay an arm and a leg.  this disussion is becoming so AOC.  What ever happened to pro/con debates based upon pure merits of the arguments instead of illogical red herrings and such. it is really a shame

So we have the same opinion on this then!! I agree Haven should have priority.. As should platinum...

Where do we disagree after that..? Should I not get rewarded for showing up early to port?

2 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

So we have the same opinion on this then!! I agree Haven should have priority.. As should platinum...

Where do we disagree after that..? Should I not get rewarded for showing up early to port?

the argument basically is this, should passengers in the same category who were not in line first get special privilege to buy the vibe solely because they were seeking special assistance due to mobility.  So if I am in line for two hours then a wheel chair cruiser in the same category comes along  should they get privilege to buy the vibe before me.

7 minutes ago, Newleno said:

oh boy, this discussion is about wheel chair people in the same category who were not in line first but still haveing priority for the vibe

Actually the original post was about all “priority boarders” not just people with disabilities.. I don’t think this is a major problem 

24 minutes ago, Newleno said:

the argument basically is this, should passengers in the same category who were not in line first get special privilege to buy the vibe solely because they were seeking special assistance due to mobility.  So if I am in line for two hours then a wheel chair cruiser in the same category comes along  should they get privilege to buy the vibe before me.

The only way to solve this, is for a policy where a wheelchair/mobility challenged passenger is only allowed to have one family member accompany them on the ship, if they choose to board in the first group.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

The only way to solve this, is for a policy where a wheelchair/mobility challenged passenger is only allowed to have one family member accompany them on the ship, if they choose to board in the first group.

I actually would support that...

1 hour ago, NLH Arizona said:

The solution would be to assign boarding numbers within the boarding group. You could still let disabled on the ship first but not allow them any special access to vibe, spa, etc until others that arrived before them have a chance. 

Of course that is too much work considering less than 5% of passengers even know about Vibe.

There is no easy solution. 

42 minutes ago, hawkman402 said:

The solution would be to assign boarding numbers within the boarding group. You could still let disabled on the ship first but not allow them any special access to vibe, spa, etc until others that arrived before them have a chance. 

Of course that is too much work considering less than 5% of passengers even know about Vibe.

There is no easy solution. 

Easy solution? No. Easier solution? Quite probably.

First...NCL needs to address the Haven issue. 

Haven guests pay a hefty premium for the luxury, privacy, and amenities that the Haven has to offer. If your Haven guest are willing to shell out extra cash to be somewhere on the ship that is NOT the Haven, that is a clear signal that there is a deficiency in the Haven product that is affecting the enjoyment of the guests.

Find out WHY they are leaving and FIX THAT PROBLEM. The Haven guests should WANT to stay IN the Haven. (Next thing, the Haven guests will want access to is the Studio Lounge since that area is also Adult-Only, right?).

Once that situation is addressed, then Vibe should not be available to the Haven (nor should they even want it). This will ensure increased availability for the rest of the guests.

First come, first served without the running of the bulls? Simple...just sell the Vibe passes in the terminal while guests are waiting to board. The first to arrive will have first shot at the passes. No running necessary. The passes could be sold between the check-in desk and the waiting area. Everyone passes this point and it will be done pretty much in order of arrival.

Meanwhile we can all take comfort in that the size of this thread will send a clear signal to NCL that the Vibe is a product that is underpriced and in need of an adjustment.

4 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Once that situation is addressed, then Vibe should not be available to the Haven

Not going to happen. The concept of "...these people can't buy because they already have..." won't work. The same is true if trying to ban Haven guests from buying Spa access (if they don't already have it) or if trying to ban Spa stateroom guests from buying VIBE access. It's akin to banning guests who have a lounger on their balcony from getting a lounger on the sundeck because they "...already have...".