Souda to Chania, Crete P&O shuttle bus service.

P-L-B

17 minutes ago, stocktonmackem said:

Yes there is a bus just outside the port but its chargeable.

Thanks for your reply.

Did you sail with P&O ?

Yes, understand that there is a local bus service that goes to Chanda but there are some post's that suggest that P&O provide their own free ( if select fare) shuttle bus service, but I'm not sure If that's an option.

Edited by P-L-B

47 minutes ago, P-L-B said:

Thanks for your reply.

Did you sail with P&O ?

Yes, understand that there is a local bus service that goes to Chanda but there are some post's that suggest that P&O provide their own free ( if select fare) shuttle bus service, but I'm not sure If that's an option.

bus by dock  fare  was about 2 euros  it was not  a PO shuttle

1 hour ago, P-L-B said:

Thanks for your reply.

Did you sail with P&O ?

Yes, we went with P and O in 2017. I didn't see a free shuttle bus just a service bus. I don't think it cost much to be fair. We were Select fare but still had to pay. Thinks may have changed since 2017 .

23 minutes ago, crimson moon said:

We were there two weeks ago. There is no P&O shuttle bus just the local service as mentioned. You buy your ticket from the little hut just before the bus stop

Thank you for that information.

We will be on board Oceana in June and will be visiting Souda Bay.

So we are looking forward to visiting Chania.

Regarding the location of the hut and bus stop is it opposite where the ship docks and easy to find?

Thanks.

35 minutes ago, P-L-B said:

Regarding the location of the hut and bus stop is it opposite where the ship docks and easy to find?

Thanks.

Can't miss it. As you come out of the very basic terminal building, turn left and the hut is in front of you and the bus stop is about 10 yards further on.

IMG_0075.JPG

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, crimson moon said:

Can't miss it. As you come out of the very basic terminal building, turn left and the hut is in front of you and the bus stop is about 10 yards further on.

IMG_0075.JPG

Thank you very much, I appreciate the information.👍

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2019 at 9:43 PM, crimson moon said:

IMG_0075.JPG

Only a couple of weeks now before our cruise.

Can you please confirm, is the hut where you purchase your bus ticket the one shown in the attached picture by the traffic lights and if so is the bus stop to the left or right of the hut.

Thanks.

Souda Bus Stop.png

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:43 PM, crimson moon said:

IMG_0075.JPG

The hut is situated between the two single storey buildings in the centre of my photo. You go through the door that is facing the ship in the first building and come out of the door on the side of that building, turn left walk five or six yards and it's there on your left.

If you reach where the bus is parked in the photo then you have missed the kiosk!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crimson moon said:

The hut is situated between the two single storey buildings in the centre of my photo. You go through the door that is facing the ship in the first building and come out of the door on the side of that building, turn left walk five or six yards and it's there on your left.

If you reach where the bus is parked in the photo then you have missed the kiosk!

Thank you, I really appreciate the detailed information.

I understand now.

I must admit I was looking on google maps for bus stops in Souda local to the terminal and it indicates one located on the main road by the hut in my picture.

However, the one you describe and shown in your picture is very convenient.👍

It looks as if it’s provided just for cruise passengers as it’s in the dock area and not on the main through road.

I presume the drop off location in Chania is where you board the bus for your return journey back to the cruise terminal?

Thanks again.

Edited by P-L-B

We were trepidatious about catching the bus, but it was easy, you really cannot go wrong.

Two tips

1. Make sure you get a map of Chania before going. You can download one but we picked one up from the kiosk where we bought the tickets. You really do need it to see anything in the short time you have.

2, Spot up where you have got off the bus, you get on it the same place. Return tickets are same price, get them when you buy, don't just buy a single.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Pentlands said:

We were trepidatious about catching the bus, but it was easy, you really cannot go wrong.

Two tips

1. Make sure you get a map of Chania before going. You can download one but we picked one up from the kiosk where we bought the tickets. You really do need it to see anything in the short time you have.

2, Spot up where you have got off the bus, you get on it the same place. Return tickets are same price, get them when you buy, don't just buy a single.

Thanks for the tips.

Yes, we have been doing some research and Chania looks a very nice place to visit. :classic_smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned back from our fabulous Oceana cruise.

Thanks for all the information and advice.

Catching the bus as advised was easy and hassle free and we had a great time in Chania.😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Going on Arcadia to Crete but docking in Heraklion.  Does Oceania stop in Souda?

Our friends were onboard Oceana last month and they docked in Heraklion but we docked in Souda last week during our Oceana cruise.

Therefore, it looks like Oceana uses both ports depending on the cruise itinerary.

We are stopping off at Souda on our Sept cruise. We want to go to Chania on the bus but also want to visit the allied cemetery in Souda.  Does anyone know if the bus will drop us off on the way back into Souda? Otherwise I understand it's quite a walk back to the cemetery, if no one knows we might just ask the bus driver on the day if he can stop to let us off.

1 hour ago, dronnygirl said:

We are stopping off at Souda on our Sept cruise. We want to go to Chania on the bus but also want to visit the allied cemetery in Souda.  Does anyone know if the bus will drop us off on the way back into Souda? Otherwise I understand it's quite a walk back to the cemetery, if no one knows we might just ask the bus driver on the day if he can stop to let us off.

we did this in 2017, bus stopped at road for the cemetery and we walked about 30 minutes cemetery is on right, not far or expensive with a taxi I suspect

Here’s my two penn’orth. Don’t hold me to it as it is quite a few years since we have been there. There is a service bus to Chania and when the ship we were on (mid Arcadia) disembarked it’s passengers there was a massive queue at the stop. I would advise that you walk about 150m away from Chania and stand at the empty stop. You will then have a nice seat when all the rabble from the cruise ship try to get on.